The War Z

RadSalacan

Anyone have The War Z?  I just got it on steam since there was a big sale on it....so far I'm not very impressed.  I've found it to be VERY frustrating.  Anyone play and have any pointers?  I'm glad I only paid $3.75 for it. 

LOL, my advice is to forget you ever bought it.

This.

Always watch videos on Youtube of gameplay and other people's thoughts before investing any amount of money in a game you aren't immediately won over by. Blindly throw money at everything else.

That's my motto anyway.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Iv never tried it before but my brother plays it and he said its just a terrible game and hackers are everywhere. But there using a new hacker prevention program recently

Iv never tried it before but my brother plays it and he said its just a terrible game and hackers are everywhere. But there using a new hacker prevention program recently

Irrelevant. The game itself is completely terrible.

You should buy ARMA 2 and download Day Z. Play that. Much much more fun.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Ok then haha.  Here I was thinking I was just terrible at it.

Horrible. DayZ standalone is coming out and play that its will be ten times better I guarantee you that.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

It's really just a poor mod for an  old free to play game.

Was gifted it on steam and played it when it came out for a bit... Haven't touched it since.

It isn't that bad people my advice is play in a small server and loot like crazy. Go to the safe zones and drop off all the loot you can rinse and repeat. Also I play with a clan of 4 people stick close to eachother and treat every other player as a hotsile and fire on site. I don't find killing zombies to be all that fun but stalking other people is pretty awesome. IMO dayZ is 100x more broken than warZ.

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

DayZ is way more frustrating in my opinion.

WarZ looks easier to get into.

WIP: Ryzen 5 3600@4,2ghz | G.Skill 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming | ASRock B450M Steel Legend

Corsair Crystal 280X | Cooler Master MWE 550W | Gigabyte CV27F 1080p 165hz

The devs of that game are criminals....don't throw money blindly next time.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

soulreaper, on 18 Jun 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

It isn't that bad people my advice is play in a small server and loot like crazy. Go to the safe zones and drop off all the loot you can rinse and repeat. Also I play with a clan of 4 people stick close to eachother and treat every other player as a hotsile and fire on site. I don't find killing zombies to be all that fun but stalking other people is pretty awesome. IMO dayZ is 100x more broken than warZ.

That's because it's a mod for a realistic military soldier simulator.

But that adds a ton of realism to it honestly.

You should do that in Day Z if you get the chance. It's... exhilarating.

Signex, on 18 Jun 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

DayZ is way more frustrating in my opinion.

WarZ looks easier to get into.

Yep, you nailed it. But what each one has to offer is very different.

Day Z has so much potential. You just have to 'get into" it.

War Z doesn't. It's ... basically just a crappy rip off.

You'd have to play both to see that though.

Here's an example of my many adventures in Day Z:

So, I was playing on this server with like 30-40 people. These people were cool and this was my regular server. They took the game seriously but knew how to have fun from time to time.

An example of this was the infamous "Party Bus". They would fix up a bus and just drive around their server (not as admins, players could do as they wanted, like attack the bus, c4 the road, wtv) picking up whoever needed a ride and generally going on adventures.

An aside about the Party Bus: I met a guy who had the face of Hitler (like modded) and hands with gloves that, no matter how you looked at them, had a nazi sign on them (swastika). Interestingly, I had a black player skin as it blended in better (I take the game semi-seriously), so me and Hitler were running across the country side and we found the party bus. Well, I get in and he decided to C4 the whole thing killing 8 of the 20 people on the server at the time. Good times were had.

Anyway, we had this helicopter. And I needed a pick up from the apartments in Berezino (the largest city you could go to and still be relatively safe) as a swarm of Zombies were on me and I was low on ammo and food. Well, they come in, black hawk down style (sans the crash) and pick me up as I'm firing at enemies from the roof with a 50 caliber antimaterial rifle. Twas truly epic.

I was just WAITING for someone to start playing some epic hero music on the voice chat.

Well, they pick me up and we start heading to pick someone else up from a factory directly south of Berezino in the country (which means relatively safe). However, we use Side Chat (Global Chat) that everyone can see to communicate, so both bandits and allies know where we are going in a Helicopter. This can only end well (riiiight).

We decide to stop off at a construction site as an aside (about 2 kilometers out of the way) for fuel just to top off. That was a bit uneventful as there were about 6 of us in total and no one knew where we would be stopping for fuel (maaany options in Chernarus) and went well.

Climax of the story:

After leaving the construction site, we head directly to the factory and as we are coming down to pick up the guy (he had broken legs and was bleeding out at this point on the roof of the factory) and we started hovering about 3 feet above the surface of the roof, so I jumped out, wanting to save the guy ASAP.

Well, I jump out (thinking I want to save him) and fall and break my legs (because a fall from 1+ foot will break your legs in Chernarus, we call it "super gravity" affectionately). As I do this, the helicopter explodes in a hell-fire of awesomeness as I fall from it and land, killing 5 of the 6 of us. Me the exception.

So, I don't realize this as I'm in first person and I start looking around to figure out my orientation to start crawling to the guy to heal him, and it turns out the helicopter's chassis landed on the guy we were trying to save, so he died too.

At that point, I hear all this 'Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.' on the voice chat and I'm like "what the hell happened?" and everyone is like "we died. Helicopter exploded" and I"m like "no way. I'm alive" and there all like "bull shit." and I'm like "Yeah. Legs broken, but I'm good."

So I fix my legs with the supplies from the dead bodies of my allies, and start looting their corpses to save as much stuff as possible, and hold down the fort until they can get their gear back. At this point, I start hearing sniper fire at me and I sprint to the lower section of the roof and go prone as this gives me great cover (but no eyes) on the sniper.

... to be continued.

Needless to say, best adventure I've ever had on a server. It was intense. The fact I lived was a miracle in and of itself. I'm talking like 1 second of time difference between me getting out of the helicopter and landing to the helicopter exploding. Being hurt in Day Z dampens your hearing, so I didn't hear the helicopter explode. And honestly, that's just one adventure. I have maaaany more.

† Christian Member †

I Come back to War Z every 2-3 Months. Its a terrible and great game in 1. I play it with a couple of mates and it can be really fun, but it is incredibly flawed. Like a guy above said, go on a quiet server and loot and get a feel for the game. avoid big citys theres no loot in them and you tend to find more in small villages, kinda silly really. Its a ok game with a good concept but im really looking forward to Day Z standalone tbh

That's because it's a mod for a realistic military soldier simulator. 

But that adds a ton of realism to it honestly.

You should do that in Day Z if you get the chance. It's... exhilarating. 

Yep, you nailed it. But what each one has to offer is very different.

Day Z has so much potential. You just have to 'get into" it.

War Z doesn't. It's ... basically just a crappy rip off.

You'd have to play both to see that though.

Here's an example of my many adventures in Day Z:

So, I was playing on this server with like 30-40 people. These people were cool and this was my regular server. They took the game seriously but knew how to have fun from time to time.

An example of this was the infamous "Party Bus". They would fix up a bus and just drive around their server (not as admins, players could do as they wanted, like attack the bus, c4 the road, wtv) picking up whoever needed a ride and generally going on adventures. 

An aside about the Party Bus: I met a guy who had the face of Hitler (like modded) and hands with gloves that, no matter how you looked at them, had a nazi sign on them (swastika). Interestingly, I had a black player skin as it blended in better (I take the game semi-seriously), so me and Hitler were running across the country side and we found the party bus. Well, I get in and he decided to C4 the whole thing killing 8 of the 20 people on the server at the time. Good times were had.

Anyway, we had this helicopter. And I needed a pick up from the apartments in Berezino (the largest city you could go to and still be relatively safe) as a swarm of Zombies were on me and I was low on ammo and food. Well, they come in, black hawk down style (sans the crash) and pick me up as I'm firing at enemies from the roof with a 50 caliber antimaterial rifle. Twas truly epic.

I was just WAITING for someone to start playing some epic hero music on the voice chat.

Well, they pick me up and we start heading to pick someone else up from a factory directly south of Berezino in the country (which means relatively safe). However, we use Side Chat (Global Chat) that everyone can see to communicate, so both bandits and allies know where we are going in a Helicopter. This can only end well (riiiight).

We decide to stop off at a construction site as an aside (about 2 kilometers out of the way) for fuel just to top off. That was a bit uneventful as there were about 6 of us in total and no one knew where we would be stopping for fuel (maaany options in Chernarus) and went well.

Climax of the story: 

After leaving the construction site, we head directly to the factory and as we are coming down to pick up the guy (he had broken legs and was bleeding out at this point on the roof of the factory) and we started hovering about 3 feet above the surface of the roof, so I jumped out, wanting to save the guy ASAP.

Well, I jump out (thinking I want to save him) and fall and break my legs (because a fall from 1+ foot will break your legs in Chernarus, we call it "super gravity" affectionately). As I do this, the helicopter explodes in a hell-fire of awesomeness as I fall from it and landkilling 5 of the 6 of us. Me the exception. 

So, I don't realize this as I'm in first person and I start looking around to figure out my orientation to start crawling to the guy to heal him, and it turns out the helicopter's chassis landed on the guy we were trying to save, so he died too. 

At that point, I hear all this 'Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.' on the voice chat and I'm like "what the hell happened?" and everyone is like "we died. Helicopter exploded" and I"m like "no way. I'm alive" and there all like "bull shit." and I'm like "Yeah. Legs broken, but I'm good."

So I fix my legs with the supplies from the dead bodies of my allies, and start looting their corpses to save as much stuff as possible, and hold down the fort until they can get their gear back. At this point, I start hearing sniper fire at me and I sprint to the lower section of the roof and go prone as this gives me great cover (but no eyes) on the sniper. 

... to be continued.

Needless to say, best adventure I've ever had on a server. It was intense. The fact I lived was a miracle in and of itself. And honestly, that's just one adventure. I have maaaany more. 

This is why i love DayZ :) !

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I just picked up 2 copies of it on steam on sale. Gave one to my friend and we started playing it. I find it pretty fun so far, we're playing on this one server that never has more than about 7 people on it, and we haven't found any amazing loot yet, but aside from the little bugs we've encountered, we're enjoying the experience so far.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

Eh, it's pretty bad, there are no good survival zombie games out really.

DayZ is just as bad, so don't get that either. (I'm a huge Arma fan by the way, DayZ is just mind-numbingly boring) And if you've never played Arma before have fun spending the first day figuring the horrible control scheme, which is improved a lot with Arma III but I digress, wait until the DayZ standalone comes out, it looks like it's shaping up nicely.

I saw it's steam rating, 20/100...yeah, just no. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I got War Z in the hope that my son and my brother might play a game or two together with me as they have some interest in zombie games and movies.  My son can play any game on his pc tomorrow on his birthday and while TF2 will take up most of his time I am hoping to spend some time playing this among other things with him.  I can't get enough of zombies whether it be movies or games and this June 21, 2013 we are going to see World War Z.  In terms of games I recently bought Zombie Panic Source and Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army and I have to say both are awesome.  Hopefully we can find the same fun out of War Z but luckily going in my expectations are low so if it stinks it is cool.  However after watching a feed the other day of the game it looked like fun .. fingers crossed when we play it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I got War Z in the hope that my son and my brother might play a game or two together with me as they have some interest in zombie games and movies.  My son can play any game on his pc tomorrow on his birthday and while TF2 will take up most of his time I am hoping to spend some time playing this among other things with him.  I can't get enough of zombies whether it be movies or games and this June 21, 2013 we are going to see World War Z.  In terms of games I recently bought Zombie Panic Source and Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army and I have to say both are awesome.  Hopefully we can find the same fun out of War Z but luckily going in my expectations are low so if it stinks it is cool.  However after watching a feed the other day of the game it looked like fun .. fingers crossed when we play it.

I can understand buying War Z for that reason. Day Z standalone isn't ready yet anyway and getting the Day Z mod with Arma II might be a bit of a hassle since the standalone is entering alpha stage soon.

Look up Project Zomboid. That link is to the thread I made about it. Very realistic (if you want it to be, it has tons of options) Sims+Minecraft style gameplay in various respects. It will eventually have multiplayer, which I am beyond excited for. :D

† Christian Member †

Guys you shouldn't hear other opinion about a game! You should buy it and see for your self.

Guys you shouldn't hear other opinion about a game! You should buy it and see for your self.

Or you should watch Youtube videos and commentary about it. Then decide if you want to buy it. Way more economically viable.

Steam's summer sale is imminent. You could buy so many good games for what you would spend on War Z. :|

Think carefully.

† Christian Member †

You are awarding stupid ass criminals......do you know what they did when they got tons of cash from steam and when it was removed, they released pictures of them in Las Vegas!

Also watch this 

Why would you do that? I mean why would you purposefully leave yourself uninformed about a video game and then just buy it? Wouldn't it make more sense to get other's opinions before investing in something you know almost nothing about?

War Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz brought to you by Sergey Titov, the same programmer behind Big Rigs: Over the road racing.