Project Zomboid. Extremely realistic isometric apocalypse game.

Vitalius

Disclaimer: This isn't meant as advertising. It's an awesome game I want to get the word out about and I wanted to share it with the LTT community. I really enjoy it (only have the demo so far, waiting on my next pay check).

Project Zomboid is a realistic zombie survival horror game but in Sims style. It's in Alpha currently, but overall it's very well done so far and only costs $8 for the Alpha (along with all updates to release).

The in game settings are pretty extensive. The developers prefer "proper" zombies (romero style, slow walkers, 1 good shot to the head to kill), but allow settings to have super human Day of the Dead style zombies (super fast, super tough, super smart, you are going to f***ing die kinda zombies). 

The world is very detailed, it is set to begin similar to Dawn of the Dead, where you wake up and bam, zombies everywhere (hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids). You can set how long until water and electricity cut off, what "profession" your character is for traits and skills, as well as develop traits throughout your gameplay. 

You can even start a garden (that realistic), to ride out the apocalypse. They are working towards a "minecraft" style multiplayer. That should be particularly exciting.

In this video, SideStrafe from Youtube tries it out and fails spectacularly. He does however rip up some bed sheets to make bandages (yes, that realistic), so he accomplished something.

Video of gameplay:

I'm buying this when I can. It's available on Mac, PC, and Linux. The demo is only available on PC/Linux though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

hide yo kids!! :D  :D  :D   Yeah you got me interested

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I'm glad I found it. I won't be able to get my GTX 780 for a while yet and I can't play many of my Steam games without it (I don't like using Intel integrated graphics, just ew).

This is the type of in-depth, low GPU power requiring game I can play. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Sweet Jesus,

I'm playing the demo atm. The music is amazing. This game has a great score (so far). The story is pretty... well... deep and somewhat brutal.

Of course this is just a demo to show what's possible, but it's a very well made demo.

† Christian Member †

I love this game.  I hope they improve on it.  It's amazing how fast something can go downhill in this game.  I had a sweet setup in the warehouse, tons of weapons, everything reinforced, but little food.  Early one morning I venture out, away from the city, to look for food.  I open up windows and dash away from the house, afraid of setting off burgles alarms and alerting anything around. I leave the window open when I leave to remind myself that I've cleared out houses.  I'm able to survive a week doing this, just rummaging for food and supplies, maybe finding a whiskey bottle or two to enjoy before bed.  Then one day, I'm in a house, and I grab some steak (Gonna grill it up later!) and decide to check the bathrooms for some pills.  Little did I know that four undead patrons were waiting inside for me, and before I knew it, I was running out the door, bleeding from a bite wound on my head.  Later that night in my warehouse, I developed a fever.  In the morning I was fatigued.  By nightfall, I was undead.

It's kind of a pity this game costs for much.  $8 or so is a pretty steep deal for a game that, while has a great foundation, is still very much in development.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU