Paint clear rigid acrylic tubing?

Hey guys

Would I be able to paint some clear rigid acrylic tubing with plastidip? I personally don't want to use dye in my loop, and I want to use rigid tubing, because I think it looks a lot better than regular tubing. I have been searching for some colored rigid tubing, with no luck. So here the other day I noticed that plastidip had some smoke paint. Which is kinda transparent, and would give me the look I'm after. However, I'm not sure if I can use that paint on the rigid tubing, so I would like to know if anyone have tried it, or if people know if it is possible/impossible to paint the acrylic tubing.

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

i see no reason for it not to work, although you could try it on a very small piece of tube or maybe a similar material 

also you may want to consider sleeving the tubing, which looks better imo

Xeon E3-1231-v3 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Asus Z97AR // XFX RX 480 GTR

i see no reason for it not to work, although you could try it on a very small piece of tube or maybe a similar material 

also you may want to consider sleeving the tubing, which looks better imo

That was a thing to consider, thanks :)

I will try painting a small piece first, and see how it turns out. Would properly have done it anyway, but just wanted to ask here if anyone had tried it, before doing anything :D

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

Have you ordered the clear tubing already? You could buy colored tubing I know Primochill has some colored rigid tubing. It is like 30% more expensive but guarantees a good look :)

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

Have you ordered the clear tubing already? You could buy colored tubing I know Primochill has some colored rigid tubing. It is like 30% more expensive but guarantees a good look :)

That's bloody sweet, didn't know that they had that, thanks mate

If you were going to get clear and paint it, it will work fine you just want to sand it lightly because it is so smooth the paint doesn't stick so great.

Check out my 100% scratch built Tree Stump computer case: http://bit.ly/1IS2yIL

My Industrial X-Mas Present Case Mod: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/273053-one-day-build-industrial-ish-case-mod-for-x-mas/