Windows 7 update destroys(nearly) everything: 19kb of death

brownninja97

Wow, mcafee has saved me for the first time ever. For some reason mcafee overrides windows update manager so auto updates won't happen

I see no fan boys here, I see reputation management and selling and promoting a product. I see false statements, group attacking someone (not me) who repeated something MS said (I provided links to their statements that they never disputed) and then I clarified that MS is not legally responsible to honor that statement since Windows 9 does not exist. I really have nothing more to say on it. This is all a matter of record. The people supporting MS here are calling their own employees "misinformation and rumor". You can repeat that over and over on this forum, but it will never be true. There is nothing to argue here, just like there is no defending how much of a colossal f up this update was and pitching Windows 8 as some kind of solution is laughable. 

A fan boy? You can't argue with a fan boy. You are arguing opinion. There is no fanboyism here just BS. 

Yeah... You act like Bill Gates came to your house, murdered your parents in front of you, and broke your spine before setting your house on fire... But yeah, you're totally unbiased. Totally.

ive updated after everyone of these "DESTROYS YOUR PC" updates. My pc is perfect.......    and i updated for this one.. still perfect

CPU- Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM- Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU- Nvidia 2080ti Reference

Case- NCase v6.1 | Storage- x2 2tb WD m.2  | PSU- Corsair SF750 | Cooling- NZXT Kraken X52

What the fuck is wrong with the people saying "just get Windows 8.1"? This is not an issue with Windows 7, this is a major fuckup from microsoft. It could have easily happened with windows 8.1 as well. I personally ran Windows 8.1 for a few months, and I liked it, but there were too many issues with my work (incompatible or unstable programs, Windows 7 still being "the standard" for almost every office environment, etc.). So no, I won't be upgrading to Windows 8.1 and there is no fucking excuse for this update (which completely borked my fresh windows 7 installation btw., costing me several hours troubleshooting and reinstalling that I could have spent working).

This update did nothing to my computer. I have the ones all the way up to the 12th and nothing happening. 

I work at a local computer repair store that installs/cleans at least 25 computers a day. By the end of the day we had every windows 7 machine more broken then we started because we are required to run windows update. Once we realized the root-certificate update broke windows we uninstalled it and poof, like magic every machine was fixed; how an update this bad got through is beyond me.