Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

I've always thought of it as a cool project to build a mineral cooled PC.

When I first saw the kit I was thinking about picking one up but hearing they're discontinued sucks.

I doubt I'd win but I have to ask, does anyone know of another tank, whether designed for PCs or not, that would work well?

I wouldn't trust a standard fish tank with the system in it just because I know how picky plexi can be before it just shatters.

This was very cool! Seeing how good it looks makes me want to build one if give the chance. It would be my first enthusiast build to better my skills as a CIT. (Computer imformation technology student). Keep up the great work guys love the videos!

I have wanted to do this for a long time! I love the concept and the challenge. Please enter me for the giveaway.

Nice job on yours..I'm jealous

I would really love a system like this but seeing as I am a 16 year old kid who doesnt have a job and builds crappy PCs as a hobby, I can't afford this at all. It's a really cool concept and I hope I can do something like this in the future.

Unfortunately the giveaway isn't international, which means us Aussies can't be apart of this :(. All we can do is wish Puget Systems the best for the future. :)

If I'm lucky enough to win, I'll have it forwarded to Australia via Aus Post's US warehouse... It'll cost $100+ but it would be a worthwhile investment!  :D

man, my mom works for a school with really cool smart kids that have "issues," this would be something really cool to share with them, or better yet, build with them. i'd go for the micro-atx.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, what I look like a charity case?!

I took it *mineral oil pc kit* AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!!!

I don´t need your handouts, I´m an adult PLEASE... YOU CAN`T BUY ME 

It's really sad what's been happening lately with the smaller tech companies like Puget and Velocity Micro and the legal bullying. I hope this gets sorted out and these kits can go back in to production soon. Your mineral oil videos have made me very curious about the idea.

Puget have a good inovation in IT industry.My dream to build one of mineral oil rig maybe stuck because of that sad story.I hope one day i will build the mineral oil rig and show to asia region about this brialliant product and inovation.This will not be end for Puget company,keep work hard and show the world about IT and science..

Its sad to here that they are no longer allowed to sell these cases. I hope you guys might be able to sort this out in the future because these cases are amazing. Making a mineral oil pc from a regular fish tank is usually quite a bit more difficult. I would especially like the MATX version for my build. 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Killer, Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400, Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB and Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 285, Case: Rosewill Galaxy-02, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold, Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

i would be ecstatic to receive an ATX version of the kit as it would fit right in with my 130 gallon fish tank system that i am building. The kit would sit close to the tank and host the web server for my DIY reef aquarium controller. I have an oldschool HP slimline pc doing the job right now but it doesnt have the wow factor so i hide it out of sight, 

135 gallon system

8Channel Relay

I watched the mineral PC series on Linus' channel and was fascinated.

I last built a PC at University in the 90s and at that time came to the conclusion that a glass case with mineral oil would be fantastic. I talked to my friends about it and they thought it was nuts/incredibly cool. Since then I have been a Mac user but tides are turning my 40th birthday is on the 21st of December and I have a strong feeling my presents are going to be PC components! Mini ITX would probably be the thing.

I think it is majorly uncool for http://www.liquidcoolsolutions.com to take that kind of action against http://www.pugetsystems.com; they aren't even in the same market. I went to the liquid cooling solutions site with an open mind, expecting there to be some kind of kit like the Puget Systems one but found nothing.

I'm not sure what the law says, but maybe the SketchUp model for the kit could be made public as a series of parts on the 3D warehouse for home builders?

I would love to build an ITX MACHINE WITH THIS KIT. I would upload the video on youtube for everyone to watch me fail, but i thibk it would be a noce experience i have some parts that I can use for thia build so I'm ready to win. (Hopefully). Screw those patent TROLLS.

Oh man I was looking to buy one of these to make a new system. I would give almost anything to get my grubby little hands on one of these.

I really hope Puget fights these patent trolls. All the same, PC users have lost an extremely awesome product. I haven't done oil cooling yet, but I want to. It just sucks that a product as streamlined as this can't be available . Keep on trekking, Puget, you've got my respect.

I really am sorry that some people just in order to make a quick dollar have to go and ruin the fun that others have. I hope that everything goes well in the future.! I would love to be a winner of this give away to really be a part of this legacy and allow it to love on. I would just hate to see this completely die due to selfishness and apathy towards others coming from liquidcoolsolutions. I would prefer the size used in the video but I would be fine with anything. I would be greatful with what I received.

I won't try and pretend like I know how they feel because I do not, but that won't change the fact that I give my best regards to this company losing their dreams. But again I would love to see this live on and would have a deep admiration for what they have put so much effort into making.

I would use nothing but the best equipment and I would definitely share this experience with my little ten year old brother. He has never had any experience with any sort of computer equipment and I would love to use this as a huge gateway to help him realize how amazing this tech world is. And I would make it well known that this couldn't be made possible without hard working companies like puget systems.

Patent trolls be damned!!!! With my luck I wont win and I'll have to fabricate this stuff by myself which as cool as that might be probably wont turn out nearly as nice.

Do fish keeping as a hobby and this project would merge well

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I would be ok with any case cause I have a nice place to display that beast and also I was also planning on buying a new PC so if I win could build a Mineral cooled PC and have it displayed.

I love them case

Such a shame not EU included :(

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

I want.

Giveaway or otherwise.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I would love to have one of these cases to build a gaming HTPC.  I really like the "Slick Jr." model LInus and Luke used.

I can't believe that Puget is getting flack for making these kits. I remember seeing their setups when they first started making them back when i was in highschool. A mineral oil PC is something i have always wanted to put together but never went ahead with. I would love to build a setup and share it.

Very sad news to hear =(
Jealously can be such a shame. 

The silver lining is quite pleasant though! A friend of mine and I have been looking into building a mineral oil PC for a little while now. Cost of oil could be easily covered if chosen as a winner. Any size would be fine.

Good luck to all who enter! May the odds be ever in your favor!