Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

Holy crap, that's seriously unfortunate, I was actually going to buy either a m-atx or itx variant when I had the chance but now no??  Puget don't quick making these because of some troll, you not building pc's just tanks, so F those guys!, If I get one of these that would be killer and I wouldn't really mind either micro-atx or itx, but I guess if it came down to picking probably m-atx

:D OMG!!! Puget Systems is Giving Away a Oil Cooled PC WOW Thank You Puget Systems For allowing everyone this great chance right before the holydays amzing i cannot even phathom Winning this it would really be a dream of mine to own a Puget Systems PC let alone a Oil Cooled PC WoW Thanks Everyone At Puget Systems& LinusTechTips You Guys Rock!!! B)

super bummed to hear that Puget is done making the cases! 

If I win, the MATX would be prefered!

IMO Puget's case was the only one that looks good with mineral oil. Would love to build a computer in this. Hope Puget can sell these again one day...

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

Patent trolling is stupid. Love the idea of mineral oil PC. Would love to build one. 

My friend and I have been trying to build a mineral oil cooled system of our own for a few years now but we didn't know the best way of putting the system in a fish tank. This case is great, makes it easy to be sure that there won't be any leaks or any cracks or anything like that. If I got the case I would like the Micro ATX version of it. :)

mATX!

Too bad with the whole patent thing Puget Systems, been following you guys since... 2008? =/ Just never go around to buying the kit / building one. Soooooo sad showing up to the puget website today =(

Perfect timing though, looking to build a new comp!

GO PUGET SYSTEMS!

Plenty of oil... so sure.  Count me in :)

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

)                                              (

| 6             Admit one              6 |

| 0   entry for the Mineral Oil   0 |

| 8        PC Kit Giveaway         8 |

)_______________________(

How long can a patent last? Would it be possible for Puget to start selling them again once the patent is dead?

I would LOVE to get my hands on the micro ATX case. I have a mobo, ram, ssd, and graphics card all ready for a HTPC, but this sounds much more interesting. All I really need is a case and PSU. It would make for a nice conversation piece in my living room haha.

Hey Puget! I am a 17 year old with a job designing computer cases for a local hobby shop. This would be a great honor to build in, I would love the mATX version, bigger is better of course! I hope I win!

As an avid older hobbyist (techguy for everyone around me) this is a wet dream project! I would do this in a heartbeat! I could only get the mineral oil after Christmas and add parts slowly. Just need something to start with.

Love the end of the video. Poor Linus.  :lol:

I just did my dual GTX 970 upgrade and I was thinking about water cooling them. So oil cooling would be a decent alternative. ATX board by the way. ;)

I'm super Excited about this giveaway I would actually build my next media server this way!.

Hang in there Puget systems patent trolls suck i hope in the future there's some way you can get the cases back I would love to make on for the looks and adventure of making one if I could have mini ITX :)

I've been following Puget's mineral oil systems for some time. I've always wanted to build one because I thought it'd be really cool. It's unfortunate I'll likely never get that chance because of the patent trolling. If I'm lucky enough to win, my preference would be for the micro atx kit.

I'd like to enter. as for which case i would like, the MATX but the mini ITX would be great too. thanks!

I'd like to say it is real shame that these cases had to pulled and i'd love to see come back some day.

Sorry Puget and everyone else who would like one now that Linus rubbed them in our faces... 

I'm sure a lot of people found this video inspiring, like myself, and hope to see a lot more 'DIY kits' and projects from the community like this one. It's a shame about the patent trolls but Puget is definitely going in the right direction and I hope they keep doing what they are doing!

When I first saw the mineral oil pc kit, I thought, THIS IS PERFECT. I want to build one and name it squirtlesoup :). It's exactly the project I was looking for, a little wild and a little more beautiful. Too bad it was discontinued before I could buy one :(

(the micro-itx would be a perfect fit for me!)

• Were you inspired by their awesome kits?Yes ive always wanted to build a mineral oil PC but th whole fish tank thing kinda held me back.
  • Did they get you interested in mineral oil PCs? no i always wanted to build one. but they definitely got me back into it.
  • Are there any cool projects you would like to see them take on in the future?its a real shame that you guys got a patent troll. but is there any way you can make a new case from scratch? im sure you guys could figure out something

​Again those patent trolls suck and im realy sorry to here you guys having to stop making these cases.

​If i win i would prefer a atx case but if those are gone ill settle for a itx.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

It's really sad to see the patent trolls do something so bad to such a great company...This really sucks. If I had to pick I would go with the Mini ITX for my next build but I'm really fine with anything. Thank you so much Linus!

How long can a patent last? Would it be possible for Puget to start selling them again once the patent is dead?

They can last 10 years from what i can recall. remember cherry MX patent was that long. so waiting it out might not be a opion but they could redesign there case which is what i hope they do.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

I would like the Matx one I already bought a ITX one, but would love to try the Matx one.

Q0zwrFu.jpg

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc