Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

Ever since I saw the video of Luke's original oil cooled PC, I became very interested in it.

How cool is it to say that you own a not just a water, but a oil cooled computer?

I have an atx motherboard, so the atx version would be my choice.

Its unfortunate that this happened to Puget. Hopefully they can find some resolution in the future, and continue to produce these amazing mineral oil kits.

To the wonderful and amazing people at Puget, keep doing everything else and when they least expect it pick up the patents and return to doing what you love to do. I was planning on buying the biggest one in order to put it at work and have all my co workers jealous. But as we come along, keep fighting the good fight and most importantly, thank you for not putting the cost on the consumers. 

Really want it because I have always wanted one, the fact that I am a dedicated fan of Linus tech tips and would actually use this as a gaming/home computer case would be awesone, I would be someone to show it off and let people know how cool it is, not just leave it in the box to gather dust and sit there.

I like the look of puget systems computers and i would like the matx system.

it should be legal to stalk and kill patent trolls for sport. Best of luck to Puget!

Well I'd be fine with getting either one, but first pick would definitely be the matx version. This would be an awesome thing to put together!

I saw the news on twitter and am really bummed ot that this happened to them  :(

I would prefer the m-atx version but I am fine with an itx kit.

Good luck to everbody  :D

I built my last computer with advice and hardware from linus and NCIX. And this computer has been a dream and far cheaper then I expected

If I were lucky enough to win the giveaway I would once again expect it would be a dream. Though a lot more expensive this round.

Good luck to everyone and I expect some great pictures from the winners!

I'd like to enter the contest, specifically for one of the micro ITX models so i might be able to get my stepdad a nice birthday (or late christmas) gift, with a nice New England Patriots decal on one side. He got me into computers and taught me everything i know about them so it'd be nice to give him the one thing he doesn't know how to build.

Lame self-promotion aside, it really blows that those guys filed their patent claims. Wish they wouldn't be so rude about it (I think they are just really butthurt about not making a profit)

I made an offer to Puget Systems to help as an expert witness.  There isn't a lot more I can do . . .

Except for this thing known as an ex-parte re-examination.  Basically you forward information (prior art) that you think would invalidate a patent.  The patent office looks at it and makes a decision.  It is a lot cheaper than attorneys although they are usually the ones to file them.  The cost to file is $6,000 (each patent).

If there is enough interest then maybe we could put together a fundraiser and get Linus to organize the donations - just a thought.

ugghhh i sorry guys i really wanted to buy one and enter me too 

damn, that sucks Puget...

I'd think that most people here would want the mini ITX one cause... wow, imagine building an Oil Cooled Pc twice as big as the one Linus Made.. 

Would love to get my hands on one of those mineral oil systems :)

Really sucks for Pugey, though...

I would be interested if provided with the resources. Sounds like an interesting activity to do with friends. 

I would like to enter for any of the systems. I will buy mineral oil.

Puget, thank you for being the awesome people you are being with this giveaway- I wish you luck with the trolling. I would absolutely love the chance to flex my imagination and build something with mineral oil- always has been on my project list. If I had to choose, it would be micro-ATX. Thanks for this opportunity @LinusTech  :) 

Happy Holidays!

I may not use the case but would absolutely tear apart WetRarity and re-purpose that motherboard mounting top piece, it's actually been a bit of a challenge to get mine to not crack under the weight of a build computer and to just have to fit the enclosing partition to the lid would be a breeze in comparison, and a task that I would be ecstatic to do  I wouldn't even have to make a compromise with cable management because it's already routed out the same way I'm trying to do it, and It would also give me greater resolve to fix the internal layout of the acrylic, because as is it leaves a small column of stagnant water that the beta fish retreat from the alpha fish to  and this small area is simply not ideal for the survivability of the fish, If you don't pick me, that's fine, I will find my own solution where I attempt to copy the top piece of this case to fit a full ATX board , I just really love how elegant of a solution the lid to this is...also an mATX board would be cheaper and I can still get the colour I want in mATX sizes.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Bah, I was actually really looking forward being able to build a mineral oil rig through Puget someday, I've been wanting one of those kits since I discovered Puget Systems in mid 2010.

Really stinks that patent trolls need to cause others harm to get their rocks off, Puget's kits were by far my favorite, and the best I've seen. Can't even remember the other branded kits, they fell off the market because were just plain bad...

Would love one last chance to get one, mATX possibly.

Either way, here's to Puget System's awesome inginuity, shame that it couldn't flourish further.

Great case! To bad there are patent trolls to ruin the consumer market. A MATX case would preferred for a build I have in mind.

Great work on the design Puget Systems!

If I win this, I will literally crap my pants out of happiness. I'm up for it.
And the patent trolling should really stop, so many innocent companies getting screwed over.

I'm entering the giveaway for the Mini ITX V1 DIY Kit cause it's so tiny and so sweet. I'm very sad they do not porduce them anymore well if I win I'll be happy to build this as a school project ^^ (yeah cause getting free grade is op like that)

Lots of love to Puget! Sucks to see such an awesome thing get shut down. If I win, I would like a Mini ITX please! After seeing Slicks rig, and then you guys building the kit, I think a Mineral Oil PC would be amazing! :D