Google confirms Nexus 5 production has stopped

XTankSlayerX

A Google spokesperson has confirmed to us that Nexus 5 production has stopped, warning that "once they are gone, they're gone, so we'd suggest people get them while they can".

he confirmation came after we approached Google about the red and white versions of the Nexus 5, which have been completely removed from the Google Play Store.

At present only the black version of the Nexus 5 is showing up on the Google Play Store, but at the time of writing both the 16GB and 32GB versions were out of stock.

Source: techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/google-confirms-nexus-5-production-has-stopped-1276585

I never really cared for the Nexus line up of devices, but the majority of other people seem to have enjoyed it.

Sorry for the low quality thread, on my phone and its 5am

I thought LG made the Nexus? Someone please explain 

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Google is ordering LG to make Nexus, so they stopped the orders?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

LG might be making the phones but at the end of the day Google decides whether or not production stops.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I wonder if they are going to drop the prices on the Play Store.

Think of Nexus as Google's hardware franchise. Others may manufacture the device but Google has ultimate say on the production run.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's as if Google WANT to kill the Nexus line. They remove their popular tablets and replace it with junk. They remove the one thing that made the last few Nexus phones so good and replaced it with a VERY polarizing one.

What's wrong with big companies these days? It's like they compete in who can make the most decisions their customers hate.

Microsoft: "Hey Google, look at us pissing off our customers by making the GUI horrible. Oh and look at our new console, people hate it!"

Google: "Oh that really pissed people off. Nice move Microsoft but look at this, mandatory Google+ on YouTube! Oh and you tries to ruin your hardware line? Check out what we did with our Nexus line!"

Apple: "Very nice moves Google and Microsoft but you're still not even close to fucking your customers on the same level as me! My customers are practically suffering from Stockholm Syndrome at this point!"

US ISPs: "Oh please Apple... Even your bad deeds are miniscule compared to ours."

It's as if Google WANT to kill the Nexus line. They remove their popular tablets and replace it with junk. They remove the one thing that made the last few Nexus phones so good and replaced it with a VERY polarizing one.

What's wrong with big companies these days? It's like they compete in who can make the most decisions their customers hate.

Microsoft: "Hey Google, look at us pissing off our customers by making the GUI horrible. Oh and look at our new console, people hate it!"

Google: "Oh that really pissed people off. Nice move Microsoft but look at this, mandatory Google+ on YouTube! Oh and you tries to ruin your hardware line? Check out what we did with our Nexus line!"

Apple: "Very nice moves Google and Microsoft but you're still not even close to fucking your customers on the same level as me! My customers are practically suffering from Stockholm Syndrome at this point!"

US ISPs: "Oh please Apple... Even your bad deeds are miniscule compared to ours."

The new Nexus isn't shitty it's great according to reviews, Google never intended to make money of the Nexus but they wanted to a guide for manufacturers, like when they first introduced on screen buttons or no microsd slot. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yes LG MANUFACTURED it, Google sells it and its Googles device made by LG. LG has their own smartphones but they partnered with Google for the production of Nexus 5.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

They had to do this in order to understand what big of a mistake they made with the new Nexus.

This will either accelerate their learning proces, or kill the popularity of the nexus line altogether. 
I'm fine with either of those options.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

The new Nexus isn't shitty it's great according to reviews, Google never intended to make money of the Nexus but they wanted to a guide for manufacturers, like when they first introduced on screen buttons or no microsd slot. 

Well the phone is very polarizing. Some people love it and some hate it. Whichever camp you're on you have to admit that a big part of what made the Nexus 4 and 5 so good were the price. The same can't be said for the Nexus 6.

The same can be said for the Nexus 9, except I have seen more people in the "it's not good" camp.

Well the phone is very polarizing. Some people love it and some hate it. Whichever camp you're on you have to admit that a big part of what made the Nexus 4 and 5 so good were the price. The same can't be said for the Nexus 6.

The same can be said for the Nexus 9, except I have seen more people in the "it's not good" camp.

Yeah sorry I meant the tablet not the phone I hate the phone too, It's true that is why I bought a Nexus 5 because of it's price/performance ratio, really the Nexus 9 isn't good why ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The new Nexus isn't shitty it's great according to reviews

I watched MKBHD's and Erica Griffin's reviews and while neither of them outright said that they were crap (because they cannot say it), it was obvious that neither liked it.

The fact that they really didn't like the Nexus line this year was made obvious with them both recommending Note 4 and the Nvidia Shield tablet instead.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Yeah sorry I meant the tablet not the phone I hate the phone too, It's true that is why I bought a Nexus 5 because of it's price/performance ratio, really the Nexus 9 isn't good why ?

Well I hate it for a bunch of reasons and if you look at reviews they aren't exactly praising it. Compare it to the Nexus 7 and it's too expensive and big. Compare it to the iPad Air 2 and it has a bunch of issues (bad buttons, worse display, worse performance, the back flexes etc). Even MKBHD which I think went easy on it doesn't sound that pleased. "You can tell that there is nothing really all that incredible about the hardware of the Nexus 9" and then he talks about stock Android which he describes as "the phone experience blown up to a larger display".

Never was a giant fan of Nexus 5 like you, but I know some people really like it.

I watched MKBHD's and Erica Griffin's reviews and while neither of them outright said that they were crap (because they cannot say it), it was obvious that neither liked it.

The fact that they really didn't like the Nexus line this year was made obvious with them both recommending Note 4 and the Nvidia Shield tablet instead.

No I think MKBHD would have said it he said the fire phones is a gimmick he wouldn't buy neither should you, if it's that bad MKBHD would have said it, yeah forgot about the shield tablet looks the way to go or wait for the second version of the portable.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I doubt it, but I'd really appreciate if they did a Nexus 6 "Mini" (Not mini at all, just to explain) the size of the nexus 5, maybe with a smaller battery

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

Aside from the camera, I've loved the Nexus 5.  RIP

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

No I think MKBHD would have said it he said the fire phones is a gimmick he wouldn't buy neither should you, if it's that bad MKBHD would have said it, yeah forgot about the shield tablet looks the way to go or wait for the second version of the portable.

I don't remember MKBHD ever giving a negative review to any Google related product, and that's pretty much 95% of his content.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Yes LG MANUFACTURED it, Google sells it and its Googles device made by LG. LG has their own smartphones but they partnered with Google for the production of Nexus 5.

I think I'm getting the point now.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I don't remember MKBHD ever giving a negative review to any Google related product, and that's pretty much 95% of his content.

Maybe because there aren't that bad.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Maybe because there aren't that bad.

He gave a positive review to Google+. Even people who worked on Google+ say it is shit.

He gave a positive review to Google+. Even people who worked on Google+ say it is shit.

Really show me, why did you call Google+ shit ? it's shit as social network but as a content creator it's awesome and even as a user but hi it's my opinion.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ