What PSU should I use in this build?

davk

Hello everyone,

I really don't know what power supply I should choose as the title already said..

Here my parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/16Wel

They say it will only use 441W, so is a 500W psu enough?

Thanks in advance!

I Would go with a 600w or a 750w if you plan to upgrade later

[THE TITAN]

CASECorsair C70 (BLACK+RED Leds) | CPU:  i7 3930k | CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOTHERBOARDASUS Rampage IV Formula | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | SSD: SAMSUNG 840PRO (512GB) | 

HDD: Western Digital Black (2TB)+(2TB) GPUGTX TITAN X2 IN SLI | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | SOUND CARD: Xonar Phoebus | MONITORS: ASUS PB278Q X3 IN NVIDIA Surround |

Those watt calculators are only estimates, so if you overclock your stuff, you'll need at least 600W PSU to be on the safe side.

What I do is round up to the nearest 50, and add 100W just to be safe. So for your build, I'd say at least 550W.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

IF interested, drop the 3770k for a 3570k if a gaming build
get a 680 for the extra cost

And bump up to an 600W would be my recommendation for overclocking overhead.
I got a weakness for the SilverStone Striders

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-power-supply-st60fps

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

500W would be enough for this system but if you plan on upgrading later without replacing your PSU I recommend you getting a 600W-700W PSU.

Get a cx600 or 600w bronze for overclock headroom . In all reality a 550w would be fine as well.

500w is cutting it close depending on the reliability of the psu. Headroom is good for the psu.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

a quality 550 watt unit would handle it easily,but generally for 'future-proof purposes it's generally recommended to go with a 650 watt,especially now that 650 watts can handle upgrading to sli/crossfire configurations in most scenarios

I'd pin the power consumption at a guess at sub 350 watts under load @ stock settings.

and now to check my guess-timation

3770K - 77 watts

gtx 770 - 180 watts

HDD - 10 watts

SSD - 3 watts

sp120*3 - 7 watts

c70 case fans - 11 or less watts (idk actual current the fans run at,picked .3A as it's typically at or below that)

wifi card - 10 watts max (low profile pcie standard)

dvd drive - 10 watts

pump - 1 watt (doubt it uses more than the h100 pump,which uses 1.2 watts)

h100 fans - 8 watts assuming you use stock fans

~317 watts max power consumption

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552