what should i make?

1832vin

so... i've finished learning the vocab and structure of a new language, and.... i don't know what to make?

my first language came into place when i learnt bits all over the place, and then started to read some complex program

and i'm doing python now, and C++ (couldn't decide, so i did both)

what do you recommend me to make?/ look at?

If you like c++ look at allegro library. Its nice for 2d graphics and you will be able to make something with it that kinda looks like game :) (I had few projects with it. I am doing one right now. Only that I use C)

Make a good dynamic contact list, that will let you add new people, edit their profiles, search for someone, filter results, navigate through the whole list, and finally delete those who you don't want on it any more.

If you're a beginner and only want to practice (isn't of making something useful to someone), then any old thing should work. Like creating a program to mimic basic business operations.

For example, if you choose a hotel, you could have the following options available for a guest:

• Book a room
  • Cancel a booking
  • Order room service
  • View/pay bill
  • etc

You could make it more complicated by also allowing a manager to log in. Then instead of the guest options, it could be things related to managing employees, budgets, etc.

You could extend it further by keeping track of the guests bank accounts so they know they can afford everything. If they can't, give them the option to put it on a credit card and do up their expenses at the end of their stay.

You can use a database or files to store information and get some practice in those areas. You can use good object oriented principles so that you practice abstraction, inheritance, etc.

See where I'm going with this? It's easy to make pretty much anything for practice and it's easy to make a simple example more complicated.

Make a 3D game *_*

------------------------------------

~ Live Love Code ~

------------------------------------

If you are struggling with idea on what to do with the languages you know, try out Project Euler it has a bunch of problems for you to try to solve to allow you to get a better grasp on the languages that you've learnt and to learn other things about languages you know to solve problems that you cannot with your current knowledge.