An issue with people bashing the FX CPUs !

I/O

Sintezza, there is a reason why I have you on ignore, I only see the crap you post when people quote you.  The sh!t you spew is toxic, unfounded, and ignorant.  I have found the bottleneck, and it is your brain trying to process information.  You refuse to admit wrong, you continue to not provide anything to back up your wrong claims and you make horrible arguments to begin with.  1080p is the freaking standard!  Yes its changing, but very very slowly.  The vast majority of people are playing at 1080p or below.  Want evidence?  Check out the Steam Hardware Stats.  According to Steam, .99% of people are using 1440p, it gets even lower for higher resolutions.  Surprisingly, a lot of people are using multi monitor setups--On 1080p!  Why in the world would we not show benchmarks at 1080p?  There are still plenty of games that can't be maxed out on a single 980.  I know I bought my 780 over a 770 because I wanted to be able to max out my games at 1080p, even though a 770 is adequate, I wanted the extra horsepower, and power for the future.  Plenty of people buy 980s for 1080p. 

Also, there is still a bottleneck at 1440p, its not as large as with 1080p, but there is still a bottleneck.  Watch the Tek Yes City video.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Lets look at metro 2033 Heavly cpu bound game right? 4fps better wow man thats worth $150,- more

54986.png

I would say just get your facts right

Lets look at metro 2033 Heavly cpu bound game right?

54986.png

It´s gpu heavy, not cpu heavy

I bash AMD. They are so gonna get their ass kicked by nvidia and Intel.

Lets look at metro 2033 Heavly cpu bound game right?

Ironic how that first scentence is factually wrong, and then you tell other people to get their facts right.

Besides, they are average results. Not min. framerates.

This guy also does 1440p benchmarks. Look at the minimum framerates and cry me a river.

Just listen to his recommendation. That's all that needs to be said. It's fine for a 270X, nothing more. 

However, that still doesn't make it recommendable, especially because of the restrictions that come with the choice.

Haha Metro is a cpu bound game. :)

Till now i found Civilization V that realy scored better on an i7.

15Fps on avarage makes sense.

Anyway Dirt 3 is also a cpu bound game. 4fps diffrence, makes sense buddy.

Only the i7 wins in dirt with a significant marging with 7970X fire.

Still both cpu score well over a 130fps.

54991.png

Haha Metro is a cpu bound game. :)

Nope.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Lets look at metro 2033 Heavly cpu bound game right? 4fps better wow man thats worth $150,- more

Metro is not a CPU heavy game, it only uses like 40% CPU.

I would say, get your facts right!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

just like bf4 multiplayer is a soundcard bound game

And I was wondering why I can't have decent FPS in it. *Sarcasm*

Nice post though! :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

just like bf4 multiplayer is a soundcard bound game

Yup, I upgraded from integrated sound and instantly saw 33% more fps.

Some motherboards have better integrated sound but it really doesn't make a noticeable difference at higher resolutions like 1440p, so no point in getting a better motherboard when mine is $150 cheaper.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Some motherboards have better integrated sound but it really doesn't make a noticeable difference at higher resolutions like 1440p, so no point in getting a better motherboard when mine is $150 cheaper.

I bet if you put an Intel sticker on the case, your PC will instantly gain another 33% more FPS and use less power. :D

I use the spdif output of my realtek onboard to an external dac +50fps increase on a fx 9530@ 5GHz on 600x430

You're thinking of Metro:LL as being the more CPU bound Metro.  2033, not so much.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/game-performance-bottleneck,2738-6.html

Metro 2033 stands among the generation of DirectX 11 games that showcase the graphics card as being the limiting factor. CPU utilization is at 100% with a single-core CPU, but then again, so is GPU utilization. Increasing the number of CPU cores and overclocking does not yield any higher frame rates.

To produce measureable frame rate impacts, we had to decrease the anti-aliasing to a gentler AAA mode (analytical anti-aliasing), instead of the hardware-taxing MSAA setting. Graphics memory reached its peak at 761 MB. To get better frame rates, we can only recommend a better graphics card, which is why we tested this game with the AMD Radeon HD 5870.

In extended benchmarking, we used both a single AMD Radeon HD 5870 as well as two of them in CrossFire mode. With these test results, we can elaborate a bit more on the CPU's role. The processor is still not a big factor, but it becomes relevant again with CrossFire activated. If you're going to use two graphic cards, at least pick a dual-core CPU. If you have a single-core chip, you could skip the second graphics card, as performance will be almost halved. Four processing cores and extra clock rate via overclocking is overkill, though. As long as you have a sufficiently fast dual-core CPU, then the rest will be up to the graphic cards.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I have the sense that this topic will be soon locked, so I want to just say:

"FPS is just a number!!!"

before it's too late

I have the sense that this topic will be soon locked, so I want to just say:

"FPS is just a number!!!"

before it's too late

Are you trolling like vlkn'? Because he's funny, this isn't.

just cool to see ignoring faces  :D

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-krugereffect

So and now im go horse riding, because i had my lols during the night annoying you guys

whaha :D

Are you trolling like vlkn'? Because he's funny, this isn't.

C'mon, lighten up guys. It's funny to see how AMD fanboys scour the internet to see the only couple of benchmarks that present the FX lineup as a decent alternative to Intel Sandy Bridge. :D

PS: There are a lot of Dutchies here. :)

C'mon, lighten up guys. It's funny to see how AMD fanboys scour the internet to see the only couple of benchmarks that present the FX lineup as a decent alternative to Intel Sandy Bridge. :D

lol dont judge me, i just did one single google hit for those charts whahaha.

Seriously, its just so funny to see some of you guys completely freak out, if somebody even says anything positive about amd

Its so hillarious. :D

its allmost the first of April, think about your hearts lol

lol dont judge me, i just did one single google hit for those charts whahaha.

Seriously, its just so funny to see some of you guys completely freak out, if somebody even says anything positive about amd

Its so hillarious. :D

Where did you look, in the Sci-Fi section. :D

I just want to add this:

i-want-to-believe_zpsaed8c5c1.jpg

Notice how just about the only people supporting FX CPU's, have FX CPU's...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

Now it's fine that you want to justify your purchase, just don't disregard facts because you possibly made a mistake.

RIP in pepperonis m8s