Info & opinion on cooling, new to this.

Go to solution Solved by MourningSouls,

Great all around budget friendly cooler would by the 212 EVO, it'll be quieter than the stock AMD cooler and should result in lower temps too.

A pricier option would be the Noctua NH-12S, it'll be cooler and quieter than the 212 but likely at more than twice the cost.

A middle of the road option might be Cryorig's H5, should be priced in between the two others. And it looks better than the other two. (EDIT: I'm not sure if this can actually be bought yet...)

As far as air cooling goes, nothing bigger is all that necessary unless you're doing a decent amount of overclocking.

I don't know much about AiO's other than the fact I would go with a single 120mm NZXT, Enermax or Silverstone one. Corsair is everywhere, and I'd be less bothered by the stock fans.

Ok, so first of all, I'm new to this building PCs world and I have a question on cooling systems (since its both on water and air, didn't wanted to post it on the specifics forums). I have a stock fan on my AMD's FX 6300 black edition and sometimes when I'm gaming (read: most of the time) the noise it makes can get a pretty annoying, it someties comes up whne I'm just browsing the internet. I assume its from the heat it produces so I was thinking of getting better cooling for it and more silent.

Keep in mind that I live in Puerto Rico, and its always hot and humid all the year and if the noise its annoying on "winter", can't imagine on summer.

So here is where I need your expert help. I was thinking of getting better fan cooler like Cool Master Hyper 212 EVO and didn't knew if to leave the fan or take it out. Also, for water cooling like Corsair H60.

As you might have seen, im trying to stay off 100$ price point. But if there is no other option i will accept it.

Overall I play some League Of Legends and a few other games, not really a hardcore gamer.

To sum it up, I'm looking for a silent (at least less noise than the stock fan) solution, while keeping in mind that I live in Puerto Rico and it can get pretty hot and humid on the summers here.

Expert's of Linus community, unleash your wisdom on me.

The water cooling option will be much cooler

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

The 212 Evo with the fan at a low setting should be plenty of cooling. 

This belongs in the Air Cooling section. I'm moving the thread.
Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Great all around budget friendly cooler would by the 212 EVO, it'll be quieter than the stock AMD cooler and should result in lower temps too.

A pricier option would be the Noctua NH-12S, it'll be cooler and quieter than the 212 but likely at more than twice the cost.

A middle of the road option might be Cryorig's H5, should be priced in between the two others. And it looks better than the other two. (EDIT: I'm not sure if this can actually be bought yet...)

As far as air cooling goes, nothing bigger is all that necessary unless you're doing a decent amount of overclocking.

I don't know much about AiO's other than the fact I would go with a single 120mm NZXT, Enermax or Silverstone one. Corsair is everywhere, and I'd be less bothered by the stock fans.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

The 212 Evo will serve you right, I live in a hot place as well

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Ok, I will consider this option greatly now.

Also, if I want to control fan speed, those de 212EVO comes with some sort of software or do I have to do it manually? and how...??

Ok, I will consider this option greatly now.

Also, if I want to control fan speed, those de 212EVO comes with some sort of software or do I have to do it manually? and how...??

Your motherboard will control it automatically as long as it's plugged in properly. Software or your BIOS can be used to setup a custom fan curve, say you're focused on silence rather than max cooling you can make it so the fan spins slower at certain temperature ranges.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S