Source 2 version of dota 2 coming in early 2015

In a recent blog post to the Dota 2 website, Valve have laid out their future plans for Dota 2, including revealing the game will be fully updated to the Source 2 engine in early 2015.

RG21JAB.png ​

While it isn't specifically mentioned by name, the "new" version of Dota 2 is listed as a "major improvement" which will help users quickly create custom game modes, as is currently possible within the work-in-progress version of the Source 2 engine released earlier this year in the form of the "Dota 2 Workshop Tools Alpha". Other than the list of improvements we already know about, such as 64bit support, the blog post is deliberately tight-lipped regarding what other benefits the Source 2 engine will bring upon its arrival.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

SOURCE

*insert attempt to confirm Half-Life 3*

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

it sounds interesting

The most interesting part is how heavy will it be? I mean source is famous as it is lightweight, scaleable and can be modified easily and can run at high speeds( look at competetive CS players)

HL3 will never happen, Valve only ever release games which they can bleed customers dry with micro transactions these days. Unless the release it with only 5 weapons then make the rest unlockable in packs, or if they somehow split the game up into episodes and charge full price for 1/3 of the game I can't see HL3 happening.

Source 2 is meh too, it might of been news if it came years ago but the gap has been so long no one is gonna care (until CS S2 comes)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Now now, actual blog post doesn't say anything about Source 2.

Valve will be quite busy in the next month considering they have this, the New Bloom event and the Winter Steam Sale to juggle around.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

HL3 will never happen, Valve only ever release games which they can bleed customers dry with micro transactions these days. Unless the release it with only 5 weapons then make the rest unlockable in packs, or if they somehow split the game up into episodes and charge full price for 1/3 of the game I can't see HL3 happening.

Source 2 is meh too, it might of been news if it came years ago but the gap has been so long no one is gonna care (until CS S2 comes)

You don't know Valve do you they aren't EA or Ubishit.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You don't know Valve do you they aren't EA or Ubishit.

Name the last game they released with didn't try to nickel & dime players with micro transactions.

Everything since TF2 went F2P has done it and even portal 2 which was a single player game had the framework in place for co op items to be bought and sold, they just never pushed it. The entire Steam Marketplace has been engineered and moulded specifically so they can make as much as possible from non existent items. Trading cards are quite literally printing valve money.

They're just as bad as everyone else when it comes to after sale selling, if you don't see it then your rose tinted spectacles are obscuring your view.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Why make games when you can make money?

True story.

Shit I was wrong sorry.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Name the last game they released with didn't try to nickel & dime players with micro transactions.

Everything since TF2 went F2P has done it and even portal 2 which was a single player game had the framework in place for co op items to be bought and sold, they just never pushed it. The entire Steam Marketplace has been engineered and moulded specifically so they can make as much as possible from non existent items. Trading cards are quite literally printing valve money.

They're just as bad as everyone else when it comes to after sale selling, if you don't see it then your rose tinted spectacles are obscuring your view.

I can't name a game that did that recently from Valve but about the market it's not necessary and you can just not trade and keep it.

I agree with you on other points, read the post again relazied you weren't talking about HL3 and I never saw what your talking about in portal 2.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I'm gonna jump the gun and say they will skip Source 3...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

The micro-transactions they do have in place are far better than any other games I've seen. Everything is just cosmetic, absolutely no purchases required to let you play the game to the fullest and nothing to give any advantages. They don't sell things that affect gameplay or cannot be obtained through gameplay (random drops).

I see no problem with trading cards either. If you don't want to collect them you can sell them and make a few cents back (it adds up!). If you do, you can get some ok rewards too, nothing really significant though.

They offer transactions that you can completely ignore if you want and it doesn't affect your ability or performance in the game at all. I can't think of anyone else doing that right now.

The micro-transactions they do have in place are far better than any other games I've seen. Everything is just cosmetic, absolutely no purchases required to let you play the game to the fullest and nothing to give any advantages. They don't sell things that affect gameplay or cannot be obtained through gameplay (random drops).

I see no problem with trading cards either. If you don't want to collect them you can sell them and make a few cents back (it adds up!). If you do, you can get some ok rewards too, nothing really significant though.

They offer transactions that you can completely ignore if you want and it doesn't affect your ability or performance in the game at all. I can't think of anyone else doing that right now.

You mean apart from the massively OPed weapons they sell for TF2. That said I do agree Steam has a better formula than most and yeah, most of it is optional but the fact remains that Valve push micro transactions just as hard as other devs do.

From a money making PoV Steam Trading Cards are genius, taking a cut of sales from items which don't even exist. I can't think of any other company who manage to take cash for literally nothing.

HOLY SHIT!! I CAN FINALLY PLAY DOTA AGAIN!!! imagine source2 players can only get to cue with other source2 players, that would mean no russians for years to come!:D ohh lord gaben u r genius.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Dota 2....all characters are unlocked and you only pay for COSMETICS which aren't necessary...

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

You mean apart from the massively OPed weapons they sell for TF2. That said I do agree Steam has a better formula than most and yeah, most of it is optional but the fact remains that Valve push micro transactions just as hard as other devs do.

From a money making PoV Steam Trading Cards are genius, taking a cut of sales from items which don't even exist. I can't think of any other company who manage to take cash for literally nothing.

Valve has the tendency to do these things right. You forget to mention that everyone gets weapon drops just for playing (free money!) and that you can craft those weapons or sell them for a scrap to desperate people. You then buy weapons at a scrap or have a buddy trade you the weapon you want for a weapon.

That's how it works. It makes the game more social but I bet that's a reason why TF2 has aged well and people still play it. I do.

I have no problem aquiring new weapons.

You get free trading cards. If you want the badges you can buy or trade for more cards. TF2 cards are pitifully inexpensive. If you want more friends on your friends list (upgrade!) you get the trading cards as well. It does not matter which set you use to upgrade your badge. They could have really charged an arm and a leg for the friends list expansion upgrade. None of these things are "required" for gameplay, Valve just loves giving you options, and we love giving them money for those options. I know it takes server power to notify me of everyone who is online and what they are doing, and now I can stream to each one directly!

In a previous post you also prove my point that Valve does these things right. You said that Portal 2 had the framework built for micro transactions but Valve didn't implement it. They must have realized it would have been a "negative" experience. I know some people would have considered customization a "positive" experience. I don't care for customization either way.

The only reason I have TF2 hats and accessories is because Valve has been giving me free TF2 money since The Orange Box, but I don't think they "make" the game experience for me. They are just nice to have.

Also Valve's flavor of micro transaction is painless, unless you're the "Ooh shiny!" target audience that they have. And you're just dying to get that hat or something.

I bought a killstreak rocket launcher, so I'm aware that applies to me too.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

You are trying too hard to talk bad about Valve.

Valve never did put game changing weapons behind paywall; at least not completely.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Unless you are a content creator source 2 wont be any different on the older games (TF2, DOTA2, CS:GO, Ect)

HTID

The weapons they sell in tf2 are all side grades, very few are obviously better than another. Also, weapons in the Mann co store are far more expensive than simply trading in game.

Damn, when will CS get it?

When they iron out the bs for DotA 2 and/or know that S2 is solid. I have a feeling it'll go like this:

February-April DotA 2 Source2

June-August CS:GO Source2

September-November Left4Dead 3 (with the Source2 engine, obviously)

Unless you are a content creator source 2 wont be any different on the older games (TF2, DOTA2, CS:GO, Ect)

It will be slightly different, but you're right. Yet that's where it may be very, very handy to have on said older games. I highly doubt TF2 will get it but there is no doubt CS:GO will at some point or another. Too useful, the CS:GO community is growing fast. It's a good opportunity to import their DotA 2 marketing strategies entirely into CS:GO.

Is there a point to this?

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor