The Schiit Fulla Just Released - An $80 Headphone Amp + DAC

BiG StroOnZ

Fulla-main-1000.jpg

Fulla-morning-1000.jpg

Fulla-size-1000.jpg

Fulla-board-front-1000.jpg

“That tiny thing is a combined DAC and headphone amp? For $79? You’re Fulla Schiit!” you might be saying. And you know what, you’re right. That’s Fulla, and it’s not only a combined DAC and headphone amp, it’s also the least expensive quality dongle-DAC/amp on the market, with a knob for volume control—connected to a real live analog volume pot, not a volume control chip.

Just plug Fulla into virtually any computer’s USB port and you’ll be enjoying great tunes instantly. No drivers, no fiddly software, no confusing volume buttons—on either Mac or PC. It also works (with some caveats) on Linux, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. Plug it in, attach your headphones, and turn it up. Done!

Like Modi, Fulla uses a CM6631 USB 2.0 receiver and the AK4396 digital to analog converter—not antique 1.1 or an integrated DAC with headphone drivers built in. The AK4396 is one of the best-measuring, most capable digital to analog converters on the planet, used in systems that cost many times the Fulla’s price. 

After the DAC, a gain stage using precision thin-film resistors and film capacitors filters and boosts the output, up to 300mW into 32 ohms. This means plenty of power for most headphones, together with a vanishingly low noise floor and low output impedance that make Fulla great for IEM use.

Fulla is covered by a 1-year limited warranty that covers parts and labor and is Made in the USA. And if you don’t like your Fulla, you can send it back for a refund, minus 15% restocking fee, within 15 days of receiving it.

Specs:

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-200KHz, -3dB
Maximum Power:
16 ohms: 400mW RMS per channel
32 ohms: 300mW RMS per channel
50 ohms: 220mW RMS per channel
300 ohms: 40mW RMS per channel
THD: <0.004%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V RMS
IMD: <0.005%, CCIR
SNR: >101db, A-weighted, referenced to 1V RMS
Crosstalk: >-67dB, 20 Hz-20KHz
Output Impedance: Less than 0.4 ohms
Gain: 1.5 (3.5db)
USB Receiver: C-Media CM6631A
Bit Depth and Sample Rates Supported: 16/44.1 to 24/96, including 24/88.2
DAC: AKM AK4396 with Analog Devices ADA4610-based filter stage
Output stage: Analog Devices AD8397 high-current rail-to-rail amplifier
Headphone Output Size: 1/8", unlike all of our other amps
Power Supply: Via USB, with +/- 5V rails via high-current negative rail generator with inductor filtering and local regulation
Power Consumption: 0.8W typical
Size: 2.5 x 1.2 x 0.45”
Weight: 3 oz

Have been waiting for something like this to come out, a simple, easy to use Headphone Amp and DAC that is relatively inexpensive with a compact size. Definitely going to pick one up for myself.

So... Is this better than the Fiio E10K? Even though it is half of the price...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I came.

Twice.

anyone wanna be my secret santa?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

So... Is this better than the Fiio E10K? Even though it is half of the price...

Need to wait for reviews I guess, they could be ful...

Damn, they already made that joke

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

anyone wanna be my secret santa?

I'd buy a lot of people these if I had the money just so I could say I gave them Schiit for Christmas.

I'd buy a lot of people these if I had the money just so I could say I gave them Schiit for Christmas.

stop lying youre fulla schiit :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Your funny I like you.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

stop lying youre fulla schiit :P

That that that just sounded so wrong, how do you pronounce fulla like fo-la or how ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That that that just sounded so wrong, how do you pronounce fulla like fo-la or how ?

full-a

full-a

So full-a shit yeah that sounds like a great gift.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Me: "Oman, there's a new schitt!"

GF: "A new WHAT?"

is your gfs name Oman? or was that O'man (as in Oh man) :P

Me: "Oman, there's a new schitt!"

GF: "A new WHAT?"

You sure you didn't mean Qatar or Yemen  :P .

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Oh, man. :P Her name is Sophia, Oman as a name would be weird.

PS: She thinks I'm a nerd for making schiit jokes..you can't pun with the FiiO E10K unfortunately..

Oh, man. :P Her name is Sophia, Oman as a name would be weird.

PS: She thinks I'm a nerd for making schiit jokes..you can't pun with the FiiO E10K unfortunately..

would be quite a...

tumblr_mae0i0hsrF1qhrkxko1_r1_400.gif

Schiity name for a girl

would be quite a...                                  Schiity name for a girl

tumblr_mae0i0hsrF1qhrkxko1_r1_400.gif

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think you got it wrong this is how it's supposed to be ^^

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I think you got it wrong this is how it's supposed to be ^^

naah, he puts the glasses on first, then says the pun

naah, he puts the glasses on first, then says the pun

Yeah I was wrong.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Just realized thread derailed

n1tq9c.jpg

@LukaP give me the gif with the writing on it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

The stupid-ness of them calling their company shit, and making it spelt in a German sort of stylisation (since people associate german with quality) puts me off their products so bad, and all the silly jokes they make in their marketing just makes it so I can't take them seriously.

However, if I try to look at them more objectively, they have had good price/performance ratio in the past, with nice aesthetics there, as a big plus, so if that's anything to go by, this new amp/dac should be a killer product.

Edit: I've actually looked a bit more in depth into the company, and they actually seem like a decent, down to earth company, once I get past the jokes that aren't quite in my taste.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

The stupid-ness of them calling their company shit, and making it spelt in a German sort of stylisation (since people associate german with quality) puts me off their products so bad, and all the silly jokes they make in their marketing just makes it so I can't take their products seriously.

There products are actually good what are you talking about.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ