FX-6300 or Intel i3 4150?

Dragon Age Inquisition

All of those games you listed run better on an i3 than an FX6, some more than others.  Just because a game can use more threads when thrown at it, doesn't mean performance improves.

Again, that's not what I'm saying, and that's not what you said when I quoted you. You said games that run better with simply more cores/threads, this makes i3 vs i7 applicable as well. I never said the i3 wouldn't do better then FX6 in any those games.

"Rawr XD"

Again, that's not what I'm saying, and that's not what you said when I quoted you. You said games that run better with simply more cores/threads, this makes i3 vs i7 applicable as well. I never said the i3 wouldn't do better then FX6 in any those games.

It was kind of implied he was specifically talkoing about games which benefit from a 6300 over an i3....at least thats how i understood it

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It was kind of implied he was specifically talkoing about games which benefit from a 6300 over an i3....at least thats how i understood it

There has been a grand total of ONE game that runs better when more cores are thrown at it.

"Rawr XD"

CPU_1.png

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If your priority is gaming, buy an i3.  Its that simple, no need to argue about this.  The i3 is the superior chip for gaming.  There has been a grand total of ONE game that runs better when more cores are thrown at it.

In context (especially anyone who knows anything about gaming/pcs) it's fairly obvious he's just comparing the FX6300 to an i3. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.