Microsoft's Xbox One Demo was run on a desktop PC

Cinemablend just posted a very interesting article about the Xbox One demo Microsoft had put up at E3. It seems like the demos people have been playing was not on an Xbox One but rather on a Windows 7 desktop with a GTX 700 series card. From what I can gather, this means 3 things.

1) Microsoft might not have a fully functional Xbox One ready.

2) They want to trick people by showing demos which run on far more powerful hardware.

3) Xbox One exclusives might in theory be possible to run on Windows, but Microsoft locks them down in order to sell more consoles.

Personally, I am really pissed about this.

Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation summed up this generation of consoles pretty well when he said:

At this point I personally would only buy a next gen console if it had an exclusive game I really really wanted to play, but it would not be a healthy console/product relationship. I would not be a console providing access to something I want. It would be a console holding I want hostage until I give it my WiFi password and credit card details.

and this just further proves the "console holding what I want hostage" part.

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

_1371234169.jpg_1371234242.jpg

thats a nice computer, at least they can build a pc....

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Not surprised.

This guy got thrown in "Microsoft Jail" at E3 for taking pictures of the inside of some cabinets at a private ordeal, they didn't say he couldn't take pictures however.

The insides of the cabinets had laptops in them, probably running video/gaming streams.

Wait a sec, so those are geforce cards, and by the looks of the mounting an intel CPU

They're not even running the games on similar hardware? Classic!

They could have at least run the games on an APU...

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Fail numer 374475884. They keep on going :D

Edit: although I do agree with what linus said on the stream, this isn't the first time it happens and they need powerful machines to emulate less powerful ones.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

this is just shameful. im surprised this hasn't made a bigger story.

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Oh right... then Xbox one is only for stealing money then, those game should be on PS4 or PC what a ripoff !

They can stick their rippoff console, TV, sports and kinect where the sun don't bloody shine.

:lol:  <--- me after the page loaded and started reading the post.

what a fail. 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

Windows 7 desktop with a GTX 700 series card. 

The cooler on the GPU btw shows that its either a 670 or 680, the 7xx cards dont have logo on the side, otherwise it would be glowing.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

AYYYYY!! 650D!! If I put a 700 series in mine I basically have an Xbox ONE before launch. ^___^

Edit: What Theo said about the 700 series. Ive got a 560Ti... Is that close enough? Xbox ONE!! Yaaayyyy!!!! Now I dont need to buy one. YUS!!!

The cooler on the GPU btw shows that its either a 670 or 680, the 7xx cards dont have logo on the side, otherwise it would be glowing.

Can't you turn that off though? Anyway, I haven't been able to find any info about the specific card they use so I am going by what the article says.

Can't you turn that off though? Anyway, I haven't been able to find any info about the specific card they use so I am going by what the article says.

its defo not the titan cooler, and 7xx cards use it ( except the 770 which has non reference which dont have the nvidia logo on side )

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

This news made my day LOL But this is some really good news. If the games were running on a PC with completely different specs that means the OS of the Xbox One is really similar to Windows so I hope that means the modding community can port the Xbox One exclusives to PC or make an emulator.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

its defo not the titan cooler, and 7xx cards use it ( except the 770 which has non reference which dont have the nvidia logo on side )

Hmm OK. I wonder what card it is then.

This news made my day LOL But this is some really good news. If the games were running on a PC with completely different specs that means the OS of the Xbox One is really similar to Windows so I hope that means the modding community can port the Xbox One exclusives to PC or make an emulator.

I wouldn't count on it. It is possible in theory, but it's really complicated unless you have very good knowledge of the system, which only Microsoft has.

This probably could mean that we can emulate an XBOne rather early on the PC. However, take it w/ a grain of salt.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

even microsoft don't use W8

Lol

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Most likely because the hardware is not finished yet. 

Back a few months ago, the Watch Dogs demo for PS4 was running on a PC. I'd like to hear why it's fine for PlayStation to do the exact same thing.

Most likely because the hardware is not finished yet. 

Back a few months ago, the Watch Dogs demo for PS4 was running on a PC. I'd like to hear why it's fine for PlayStation to do the exact same thing.

I was not aware Sony did this. Oh well, at least Sony used a PC with similar specs to the PS 4, and not go as far as to change GPU vendor. Anyway, I think this is good news for us PC gamers since it means we will hopefully get good versions of games, instead of bad ports.

did you watch the sony conference... i think playstation wont even turn on from what i watched

Character artist in the Games industry.

I think during Sony's E3 Press Conference, the games on demo that was being played in the screen was actually a PS4 due to all the micro-stuttering that have happened in the actual gameplay of the games. However, take it w/ a grain of salt.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)