F@H Gpu Failing (13.1) Drivers

I have a 7970 in the server that I use for folding and for some reason the gpu slot always just fails after about 15 minutes of trying to get a work unit going. This means that the GPU slot on my F@H just always fails. I have the AMD 13.1 drivers installed which used to work before I reinstalled the OS on my server. I am using Windows 7 64 bit on my server but I may put Windows Server on it but I doubt the drivers will work on that. I dont know whether my server is missing something so that it does not work but it is weird. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I have a 7970 in the server that I use for folding and for some reason the gpu slot always just fails after about 15 minutes of trying to get a work unit going. This means that the GPU slot on my F@H just always fails. I have the AMD 13.1 drivers installed which used to work before I reinstalled the OS on my server. I am using Windows 7 64 bit on my server but I may put Windows Server on it but I doubt the drivers will work on that. I dont know whether my server is missing something so that it does not work but it is weird. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

bring the 7970 back to stock clocks,F@H can take a "everything else stable" overclock and crash it.

even if the card ran F@H at that clock  before it may not be able to anymore.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Perhaps, check the temperature of the 7970? Make sure it's dust free and the fan(s) works. And check the general airflow of the server.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

It is at stoc

bring the 7970 back to stock clocks,F@H can take a "everything else stable" overclock and crash it.

It is at stock clocks at the moment and the server is a new build so could it be that I don't have a piece of software I need.I reninstalled the drivers a few minutes ago and then rebooted but it has not helped

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

It is at stoc

It is at stock clocks at the moment and the server is a new build so could it be that I don't have a piece of software I need.I reninstalled the drivers a few minutes ago and then rebooted but it has not helped

How does the GPU fail..BSOD?, fade to black?, system just turns off? screen tearing?..have you updated your Win7 install and your AMD drivers..(current release is 13.4 with a beta at 13.6) How about your MB BIOS.?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

How does the GPU fail..BSOD?, fade to black?, system just turns off? screen tearing?..have you updated your Win7 install and your AMD drivers..(current release is 13.4 with a beta at 13.6) How about your MB BIOS.?

Motherboard BIOS is up to date. I am using the 13.1 drivers because they work with f@h and I have tried the 13.4 drivers and they are no good either. I have literally no software on the server apart from the is chrome and the display drivers and also Microsoft .net framework 4.0 . is there anything I should install onto the server to make f@h work

The slot will download work units then reject them after a while it will display my slot as failed and do nothing with it.

So the issue is just with the F@H. It is not a hardware based error?. You may need to contact them. With the new server build did you switch from Windows server to Windows7 64  or it has always been Windows 7 64 ?

So the issue is just with the F@H. It is not a hardware based error?. You may need to contact them. With the new server build did you switch from Windows server to Windows7 64  or it has always been Windows 7 64 ?

always been windows 7 64 bit. 

This is very strange..did you get all the updates when you re installed Windows? What is loaded for F@H?

This is very strange..did you get all the updates when you re installed Windows? What is loaded for F@H?

I just downloaded the f@h software version 7.3.6 and I am not sure whether my windows has the service pack but I think it may well do.

Do you think that I should check to see whether Windows 7 has service pack 1 on it and also do you think that I should maybe update my AMD drivers to 13.4 I am so confused as to why it is not working.

What I may do is download an older version of f@h and see how that works out.

Do you think that I should check to see whether Windows 7 has service pack 1 on it and also do you think that I should maybe update my AMD drivers to 13.4 I am so confused as to why it is not working.

maybe try older drivers to see if it works any better.

I don't think the service pack matters much.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

maybe try older drivers to see if it works any better.

I don't think the service pack matters much.

That is true. I will have a play with drivers and see what I can do. 

That is true. I will have a play with drivers and see what I can do. 

I would try 12.8

Linus Sebastian said:

I would try 12.8

ok thanks I will try them and get back to you 

upgrade to 13.4 whql

13.1 was the worst driver update for f@h and for boinc

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

upgrade to 13.4 whql

13.1 was the worst driver update for f@h and for boinc

Are you sure I had 13.4 drivers and it had the same effect for me.

My F@h Home Client says something like I/O false gpu0. I don't know what it means but I have done everything I can to try and sort it out but nothing is working. Also I was really hoping if @Whaler_99 would be able to help me because I really am stuck

Things to try... If you haven't already...

Delete the GPU slot, reboot, re-add...

Uninstall FAH, reboot, re-install FAH... (when you uninstall, make sure you also check to delete data)

Update to 13.4 - that is what I am using... also, I always make sure my Windows is fully up-to-date for things like .net, etc...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99