Persuade me, why is Google Chrome good?

vandidant

Chrome has good compliance with HTML5, and Youtube works better in Chrome (no surprise there).

In my opinion, it's unsightly, difficult to use and configure, the extension library is an absolute mess (Google will censor extensions that they don't like), and it's the exact opposite of what I'd consider ergonomic.

What's so great about this browser that people are willing to look past all these problems and say such wonderful things about Chrome?

I'm having problems with Mozilla's browser (least of which is their lack of integrity in trying to ruin their browser by following Chrome... same deal with Opera), so I'm looking for a browser that has the least number of problems. Internet Explorer, while great OOTB on most websites, does not have good support for user scripts, so is quite difficult to make it my primary.

Well, visually thats your preference, however I don't see an issue with using and configuring it? Also for everything that isn't an extension, there are many script alternatives.

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

I don't really find anything other than IE as good as its hyped up to be.

Chrome... Doesn't like me, it just snaps at me all day, all the time.

Firefox... Well. I went from google to YouTube and the browser already had adware...

"difficult to use and configure"??? Can I ask did you even used it for more than 1 minute?

Only bad thing about it is really high ram usage.

It's not. I strongly dislike's google's data gathering policies, and avoid them whenever possible. If you're not the one buying something, then you're the product not the consumer.

Only if you have 86  gigs of ram.

The standard non-beta version is 32-bit so it can only use a max of 4GB's of RAM

But if you get the 64-bit version then you need 128GB's of RAM (To have 4 tabs open)

Google Owns it

i haev 6 gigs of ram

its fast, (even with 15+ tabs)

rarely any problems, and if their are they get fixed quickly

it syncs with my other devices very nicely.

etc

I have no idea what OP is talking about. 

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

chrome caches pages in ram, and that means it is almost instant at loading pages you have already been to.

chrome is by google, and all my google extensions and apps are well integrated.

chrome loads individual sections of webpages separately instead of loading everything at once, which makes it much faster because you dont need to wait for one ad or piece of a webpage that is taking long to load to actually see and use the rest of the webpage

chrome also has a lot of useful apps from the app store that I use such as links to all google services and tons more

chrome looks nice imo

chrome syncs instantly when you have a linked account on any number of devices

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The standard non-beta version is 32-bit so it can only use a max of 4GB's of RAM

But if you get the 64-bit version then you need 128GB's of RAM (To have 4 tabs open)

One instance of chrome can use 4GBs, but if you notice it launches several, SEVERAL instances of chrome. If you ever bother to look in task manager, it's insane how many are running.

One instance of chrome can use 4GBs, but if you notice it launches several, SEVERAL instances of chrome. If you ever bother to look in task manager, it's insane how many are running.

doesn't mean its a bad thing

I think you have a problem at "difficult to use and configure".

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It isn't unless your using Google services that get an advantage in Chrome. It's a preference thing, just like how some people like the way IOS functions over Android, but we all know Firefox like android is masterrace when it comes to customization and getting at the back end of things but can be less pretty at times. Also for anybody wondering Firefox does have 64-bit/multi-threaded support it's only in Nightly right now though.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

doesn't mean its a bad thing

It DOES mean it's a resource hog. That's not my primary complaint though. I was simply addressing what someone said earlier. He had some correct information, but jumped to a conclusion without all of the information and that's one of the worst kind of mistakes in my opinion.

IT is Fast and works really good

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I use waterfox, it's just the regular release channel firefox but more efficiently compiled and 64-bit.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

The reason I continue using Chrome is that it automatically synchronizes my favorites across my various computers and operating systems (my macs show the same favorites as my android phone and windows machines). If ie did that I might switch to it but really is just a browser. Similar to having a favorite text editor (which I have a favorite also and for good reason). But in the end it is just a text editor as chrome is just a browser.

who doesnt like a browser that spams processes, uses huge amounts of ram and processing, 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Why use Chrome? Simply put it's one of the fastest and most secure browsers out there. It's far more secure than most of the other mainstream browsers. Firefox especially is one of the most vulnerable browsers available for download. Chrome does tend to use more resources due to its per process approach. Tho I have 8 GB of ram (most do or more) which is plenty to spare for a faster and safer browsing experience.

who doesnt like a browser that spams processes, uses huge amounts of ram and processing, 

It serves to maintain rock solid stability and security compared to other browsers (sandboxed processes).

Why use Chrome? Simply put it's one of the fastest and most secure browsers out there. It's far more secure than most of the other mainstream browsers. Firefox especially is one of the most vulnerable browsers available for download. Chrome does tend to use more resources due to its per process approach. Tho I have 8 GB of ram (most do or more) which is plenty to spare for a faster and safer browsing experience.

It serves to maintain rock solid stability and security compared to other browsers (sandboxed processes).

No browser is secure enough to protect you from your self. So when choosing a browser that should not be your main point of choosing one. With no addons there all the same its all on what sites you go to and trust. 

I would argue with addons firefox is alot more secure than google chrome with addons.

Scriptsafe is no where near as good as firefox alternative no script.