Would a razer deathstalker be a good keyboard for gaming

Cabbage11

I'm getting a mechanical keyboard for gaming. I was thinking about getting the Corsair K70 but I think it may be to much. If so I need a cheaper keyboard that will still be good at gaming. Would the razer deathstalker be a good choice.

If you like Apple/Laptop keyboards then it's great.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Bill Nye

I'd rather have a K30... (I hate the style of these keyboards)

I'm getting a mechanical keyboard for gaming. I was thinking about getting the Corsair K70 but I think it may be to much. If so I need a cheaper keyboard that will still be good at gaming. Would the razer deathstalker be a good choice.

If you don't mind the Kailh switches then it will be fine, but I have had too many Kailh switches fail on me so its hard for me to recommend. I personally would either get the K70 or a cheaper Ducky/CM whatever.

Have you considered the K65? It's a bit less than the k70. Also, the Deathstalker is membrane, not mechanical. Any mechanical keyboard will surpass the Deathstalker for gaming.

Yeah the Deathstalker isn't a mechanical keyboard, so it doesn't really fit your use.  You might be thinking of the Razer Black Widow?  The Ultimate version is pretty nice, but I dunno, there's a ton of really awesome other RGB mechanicals hitting the market recently.

That being said, I do use the Deathstalker for gaming and it is very good.  Quiet, but still good tactile feedback and comfortable as fuck for long computing sessions.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I'd rather have a K30... (I hate the style of these keyboards)

The thing about the K30 is that it has a huge travel distance meaning that it's more mushy and awful. The Deathstalker is like a laptop keyboard where there is more pop and less mush.

I mean, if you want to pay for an overpriced dome type keyboard. Then go ahead. But a $8.00 Logitech Keyboard will do the same thing. 

Or if you enjoy the chicklet/island style. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I mean, if you want to pay for an overpriced dome type keyboard. Then go ahead. But a $8.00 Logitech Keyboard will do the same thing. 

Or if you enjoy the chicklet/island style. 

IMO chicklet keys are the most comfortable non-mechanical style. Apple keyboards are lovely to type on. 

IMO chicklet keys are the most comfortable non-mechanical style. Apple keyboards are lovely to type on. 

The 2011 models and under are nice. The new MBP is just as good as any standard island keyboard.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The Deathstalker is not mechanical. I have it though and love it. much comfort. lot green. some doge.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

In my opinion a mechanical keyboard is best for gaming, I'd get any decent keyboard from any of the following: NVIDIA, Corsair, RAZER. So yeah, I think it's a good keyboard!

Hey

The Deathstalker is in my experience a excellent keyboard i would not hesitate to recommend for casual gaming.

I play mostly League of Legends and Battlefield 4 and the Deathstalker has never failed me.

I personally bought it because it was low profile and on sale for 549 NOK :P

It has the pros of being more silent then mechanical keyboards and have a low profile. (I prefer low profile to type on)

The cons are that its not really for hardcore gaming like CS:GO. I noticed that when i pressed Q-Q to switch weapons it didn't do it right 100% of the time more like 90% of the time.

All in all a good keyboard.

PS: There are 3 types of Deathstalker's. I have the Deathstalker Elite which have the green lights, which the Essential version don't have.

doesnt cooler master make a cheap as chips mech keyboard?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

In my opinion a mechanical keyboard is best for gaming, I'd get any decent keyboard from any of the following: NVIDIA, Corsair, RAZER. So yeah, I think it's a good keyboard!

when did nvidia start making keyboards?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

when did nvidia start making keyboards?

I was just asking my self the same question... xD

I don't think there is any compelling evidence that mechanical keyboards are "better" for gaming, objectively. For those giving advice saying the contrary, you are being intellectually dishonest, please stop.

That being said, I like typing on mechanical keyboards more, as i find the press more satisfying, but I haven't seen any improvement really in my gaming. 

So the deathstalker should be fine... but also any generic keyboard will be fine.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I had a look at the K65. Thank you for whoever suggested it. It helped a lot.