[Build Log][Update 2: performance] ~ Project Patchwork ~

KamiKatze

UPDATE 2: Performance

Edited into the 3rd post, enjoy. :)

who cares...

Titanfall might look like a lot of fun on the Patchwork but it isn't! Not at all. Settings were Medium-High, no AA. But the laggy servers draged this down so much that you missed headshots with your rifle and punches with your Titan. Not fun, still god MVP in that round, after not playing for 2 months though. :D

Now to the worst part: Noise. At idle/web browsing i usually have the knobs on the Scythe Kaze Q all the way down (5V). The fans are pretty silent at that voltage. The two WD black HDDs blow my head off however! Thanks @virtualTune :P

Either I am deaf or you are super sensitive. They worked just fine in my case, but maybe you have no anti-vibration padding. 

Also, it seems 99.9% of Titanfall players are absolute shit. I played again last night and in 4/6 games I had more points then the rest of my team -.-

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Either I am deaf or you are super sensitive. They worked just fine in my case, but maybe you have no anti-vibration padding.

Also, it seems 99.9% of Titanfall players are absolute shit. I played again last night and in 4/6 games I had more points then the rest of my team -.-

Problem is in deed the vibration dampening. They are screwed in and the PC stands on my desk, not my floor. And i am very sensitive to noise. I was just teasing, i actually like them a lot. ;)

who cares...

Problem is in deed the vibration dampening. They are screwed in and the PC stands on my desk, not my floor. And i am very sensitive to noise. I was just teasing, i actually like them a lot. ;)

My wd black is loud as hell and aso has no padding where it's mounted. I'll have to figure something out but theres not much room for the padding in my case. It has those two clips you push in on either side then slide it into the hdd cage...

• 1 month later...

That is one hella thick backplate!

The build looks sick though, Nice work :)

Thanks! :) Yeah the backplate is just for cosmetics. it doesn't make contact to the PCB. There are actually some washers in between. :D

who cares...

Thanks! :) Yeah the backplate is just for cosmetics. it doesn't make contact to the PCB. There are actually some washers in between. :D

Yeah i noticed the spacing there, That thing must be so damn heavy

Yeah i noticed the spacing there, That thing must be so damn heavy

The backplate is from coldzero.eu and consists of hard plastic; so no, it's not very heavy. :D The advantage of the blower design cards is also that they support themselfs on the PCI slot cover. Non-reference cards usually have a gap at the front which leaves the card with massive sagging.

who cares...

The backplate is from coldzero.eu and consists of hard plastic; so no, it's not very heavy. :D The advantage of the blower design cards is also that they support themselfs on the PCI slot cover. Non-reference cards usually have a gap at the front which leaves the card with massive sagging.

Oh thats pretty sweet then, Im thinking about making some custom acrylic backplates for the new gpu's that im getting soon :D

Oh thats pretty sweet then, Im thinking about making some custom acrylic backplates for the new gpu's that im getting soon :D

It's really difficult to find backplates except for the reference cards, that's why i try to buy cards which have backplate on them already.

But ofc custom designs give you a lot more flexibility. ;) What cards are you fitting with backplates?

who cares...

It's really difficult to find backplates except for the reference cards, that's why i try to buy cards which have backplate on them already.

But ofc custom designs give you a lot more flexibility. ;) What cards are you fitting with backplates?

Im getting a pair of gtx 980 msi gaming edition cards. Im going to re paint the coolers as well. The stock backplates will make it easy to form a template from and make for an awesome weekend mod project. at least im pretty sure they have a back plate lol

Im getting a pair of gtx 980 msi gaming edition cards. Im going to re paint the coolers as well. The stock backplates will make it easy to form a template from and make for an awesome weekend mod project. at least im pretty sure they have a back plate lol

Nope they don't. One resons why i went with the Strix cards over the MSI. ;)

who cares...

Nope they don't. One resons why i went with the Strix cards over the MSI. ;)

damn thats unfortunate. I want to refrain from getting the strix though, I have an msi lightning theme going as it is and i would like to keep that theme going :P the light up msi logo on the cooler would be sick if i repainted the cooler shroud and made custom back plates. Just means a little more work to make templates for it and hunt down some screws to make it fit properly

damn thats unfortunate. I want to refrain from getting the strix though, I have an msi lightning theme going as it is and i would like to keep that theme going :P the light up msi logo on the cooler would be sick if i repainted the cooler shroud and made custom back plates. Just means a little more work to make templates for it and hunt down some screws to make it fit properly

Exactly. :D The screws are probably the hardest to find. ;)

who cares...

Exactly. :D The screws are probably the hardest to find. ;)

probably, If i can match the threads at least then worst case scenario i have to trim whatever screws i find which isnt so bad.

why not make a custom backplate with a backlit logo :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

why not make a custom backplate with a backlit logo :)

Actaully thats a sick idea, Maybe wire it up to the stock logo so they are controlled together? i wonder if that would be possible to do.

Actaully thats a sick idea, Maybe wire it up to the stock logo so they are controlled together? i wonder if that would be possible to do.

I'd try to make two layers. The bottom one being clea plexi and the upper one being black plastic or metal. Then iluminate the plexi from the side with LEDs and hope that the light spreds niceley. :D

who cares...

I'd try to make two layers. The bottom one being clea plexi and the upper one being black plastic or metal. Then iluminate the plexi from the side with LEDs and hope that the light spreds niceley. :D

Thats what i started thinking as soon as @virtualTune pointed it out. This could make for a really fun project once i get the cards :D

I read this whole thing!

Good work on the computer and, especially, this thread!

I'm here to learn and help others!

• 2 weeks later...