Good MMORPGs for new player

reddevil1432

Hey everyone,

I'm a total newbie when it comes to MMO games. I've only played Lord of the Rings online briefly. I would like to play some MMORPG games again but not something with a monthly subscription.

If you guys could give me suggestions for a Free to Play (but not pay to win) game or if available a game were you only pay once for each expansion.

A game with good story and preferable fantasy genre (i.e. swords and magic and monsters etc)

also a game where you could progress alone and get into parties to have a large battle or quest.

doesn't have to be best graphics but would be nice if it wasn't awful.

honestly what got me excited about MMOs is watching the anime Sword Art Online. I really like the style it was displayed so any game close to that would be great.

Sorry if i'm asking for too much or being vague as i'm a total noob in the MMO world and don't know which games are which.

thanks for your help

:)  :)  :)

Guild Wars 2 is the only good non-subscription MMO out there in my opinion.

Neverwinter and TERA is two of the better free ones according to me.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

your're asking alot for a free-to-play MMO.

the best MMORPG of the last decades is World of Warcraft, but it doesnt meet one of your criteria, its not free.

but steam offers a bunch of them. check this link

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

tera isn't bad... it's not good either though by any stretch of the imagination. If you want to pass a little time, check it out. I'm pretty sure you'll get bored of it rather quickly though.

TERA, bigass patch coming on 16th of december, right now you have an exp boost untill that day so you reach 60, since the patch includes lvl cap increased to 65.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

thanks for all your replies :) really helpful. I only mind subscription based MMOs if it's the type where you pay 50 or 60 dollars once for it then i'm happy even if expansions cost more money that's fine with me. if any of you have more games that fit this criteria also let me know.

thanks again  :D

thanks for all your replies :) really helpful. I only mind subscription based MMOs if it's the type where you pay 50 or 60 dollars once for it then i'm happy even if expansions cost more money that's fine with me. if any of you have more games that fit this criteria also let me know.

thanks again :D

Guild wars 2. Check out Angry Joe's review of it.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Path of Exile is a perfect free to play MMO

PoE isn't massive.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Guild wars 2. Check out Angry Joe's review of it.

Thanks a lot for that. I loved his review. I found it for 50% off till December 7th I could buy the digital delux version for only 35$ which is awesomeeee. thanks a lot mate :D

Rift or Path of Exile. PoE is pretty fun and doesn't require you to pay to be able to get anywhere.