Xbox One Unplayable in 180 Countries

Jamdude

Unfortunately it seems that if you don't live in one of the only 21 countries supported by Xbox then you simply cannot have an Xbox One.

The article about this is here: http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=6438&game=None&title=Xbox%20One%20Will%20Be%20Unplayable%20In%20180%20Countries

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

So what exactly are they trying to achieve?

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

I live in a supported country, yay? Not that I planned on buying an xbone anyway :p

Like.. microsoft. What in the name of everything in existence? First Sony beats them on nearly everything. Sony laughs their asses off with hilarious commercials about sharing. Microsoft gives a console that is perfect to be used to spy, always online and always on-cam. And now this? So many people stopped their plans on buying an xbone and now they will restrict who can buy it.

They should just not release it, it won't make a lot of difference.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

hahahahahah LOL. GG WP MS, ive no idea what they are trying to do with the xbox one, its like they want to play the console selling game, but in like god mode with the choices they have made, whereas sony is playing on easy mode, giving players what they want 

PS: Ive never owned a playstaton, but always an xbox, this will change

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

It just keeps on getting worse and worse for Microsoft. I had an xbox 360 and I always thought it was better than the PS3. TBH I though MS was going to win the console war. Now... I have absolutely no intentions of getting and Xbox 1. I won't buy a console for a long time but when/if I do, I will be giving my money to sony.  

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Wow China, India and Japan are not supported, those 3 make up about half the worlds population. Its a good thing my country isn't supported, this will just make people here buy PS4s and PCs.

I really don't understand Microsoft's decisions regarding region locking and various other ridiculous features they have implemented.  It seems as though they are aiming the console at an extremely specific audience and anyone not in the audience has no way of getting their hand on the console anyway.

Everything Microsoft do seems to benefit Sony and The PS4.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

This is not helping them in anyway, as others have stated, the always Kinect on, connect every 24 hours etc; this hasn't won them any points and now this. They "really" need to do something soon, I feel at the moment they have let the Xbox players down. Otherwise in my opinion Sony will own the next gen console market.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

This pushed me to the PS4 since the Xbox 360 is not officially supported here. But I do have access to LIVE since a country in close proximity has support for Xbox Live.

However, the PS3 was launched here officially.

Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20 GHz, ASUS P8Z77-V, Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB, Intel 330 120GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 1Tb, Corsair Carbide 400R

Wow... There only selling those in 21 countries and they expect to have over 400 million sales?
624px-Genius-meme.png

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

So were the letters "PS" that they put in those tweets actually a message telling people to buy the PS 4?

Anywhoo, I know that places like Sub-Saharan Africa wouldn't really be a large part of the market when compared to North America, but you'd think that they would allow individual people to import and use an xbox wherever they wanted to. It's not like it would cost them a lot of money to allow people to use a console wherever...

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Unfortunately it seems that if you don't live in one of the only 21 countries supported by Xbox then you simply cannot have an Xbox One.

The article about this is here: http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=6438&game=None&title=Xbox%20One%20Will%20Be%20Unplayable%20In%20180%20Countries

"They can always get the Xbox 360.  That's an offline machine" - Don Mattrick 

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

1st World Countries, yay.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Great news, I hope India comes among those 180 countries. 

It would help me not get tempted and waste money on it.

** Razer Hydra : Worst buy ever

NZXT Lexa S - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - AMD FX 8150 @ 4.2 Ghz - Corsair H70 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 Mhz 16 GBAsus GTX 970 4GB - Corsair CX 600 - Benq XL2420t - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - WD Live 3TB - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard - Razer Ouroboros Mouse - Steelseries QcK Sk Gaming Edition :wub: 

Don't you think it'll expand as release dates are being announced in different countries?

It's so entertaining, watching a company like Microsoft digging their grave deeper and deeper. 

Microsoft should win an award for "Best Comedy".

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

Wow China, India and Japan are not supported, those 3 make up about half the worlds population. Its a good thing my country isn't supported, this will just make people here buy PS4s and PCs.

Just because they have a higher population count, doesn't mean a lot of people will buy it there. In most Asian countries, the preferred console has always been the Playstation anyways. They usually import from overseas, never seen an Xbox in an Asian country in my life.

Good Morning...

Glad to know that Portugal will not be reachable, besides that we have some REALLY strict ISP rules  <_< (We get capped to 512Kb/s connection after using ~300GB of traffic and the standard Internet speed is 100Mb/s+)

I've just thought, although the Xbox One might be region locked or whatever, have they said anything in regards to whether or not it's up to the developers which regions the games will work in? 

Like, as far as I understand, with the Xbox 360, that is region locked however loads of games will work regardless of what region you're in without having to mod the console or anything. Because is that's how it is, it's exactly the same as it is now, then to be fair I'd have no complaints with that. Sure it's not quite as good as no region-locking at all, but it's better than nothing.

Here's a list of region-free Xbox 360 games, for those that're interested:
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

I wanted to make a joke about Piracy but that would't fit in considering you could't casually "pirate" an Xbox 360 game and play it without any modification to the console itself..

R.E.V.O.

Realise       Every       Victory      Outright

ridiculous... ms has so much back pedaling to do its actually not even funny. at least more people will come to pc which will always be good.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |