What's In Your Vault

pugz

Pulled this puppy out of a box from one of my old moving house boxes... Fully sick Scanman 256-bit grayscale hand scanner I bought with my 486dx33... Nothing like stitching together an A4 page.. Oh and I have more.. What u GOT? 1.jpg2.jpg

What does that thing do? 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

What does that thing do? 

HAHA.. Fully sick hand scanner capable of amazing 256-bit greyscale picture or document scanning... Although they did have the TIFF format... Scanned and reprinted my Elle McPherson calender and sold it for lunch money.. Oh my god i am old... 

What does that thing do? 

Newer handscanners can help dyslexic people with reading books. It does that by scanning to PDF documents, and then having some software recognize the words, and read them out loud.

Not sure what what specific task that old one would do though, other than the obvious task of scanning stuff :P

Edit: I got this sweet baby: ocfyLpB.jpg

Yes yes yes! It's a IBM Thinkbad 370c!

8 MB of DRAM

540MB HDD

OS2 Warp

and mechinical keyboard!

My vault has an old Dell 4:3 768p screen that remembers XP well. One VGA input and that's it. I can only use my laptop to drive it because I have no DVI to VGA adapters...

HAHA.. Fully sick hand scanner capable of amazing 256-bit greyscale picture or document scanning... Although they did have the TIFF format... Scanned and reprinted my Elle McPherson calender and sold it for lunch money.. Oh my god i am old... 

Hahaha nice 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Newer handscanners can help dyslexic people with reading books. It does that by scanning to PDF documents, and then having some software recognize the words, and read them out loud.

Not sure what what specific task that old one would do though, other than the obvious task of scanning stuff :P

8 MB of DRAM

540MB HDD

OS2 Warp

and mechinical keyboard!

Sweet.. I actually liked the(nipple i'd call it).. Just twist and turn baby.. Click when necessary...

8 MB of DRAM

540MB HDD

OS2 Warp

and mechinical keyboard!

They actually haven't changed the design that much over the years, new ones are very similar (that's if lenovo is IBM?)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

:/ Wish I could take a pic and show you the old ass 20 year old computers with rusted components but we threw them out weeks ago. My pack rat of a dad really did keep a lot of junk. I laughed a ton when I opened up a case of XX Kilobytes floppy disks.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Edit: I got this sweet baby: 

8 MB of DRAM

540MB HDD

OS2 Warp

and mechinical keyboard!

"and mechinical keyboard!"

*Goes to eBay*

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

:/ Wish I could take a pic and show you the old ass 20 year old computers with rusted components but we through them out weeks ago. My pack rat of a dad really did keep a lot of junk. I laughed a ton when I opened up a case of XX Kilobytes floppy disks.

I could take one for you, got a 286 (1982) that's in the process of being repaired from corrosion.

PMSL

I was given this old IBM HDD, that's right a whole 342MB!

post-53274-0-48943200-1417001654_thumb.j

Also an original Pentium with it's stock cooler (the fan is in a box somewhere):

post-53274-0-66676700-1417001697_thumb.j

And finally some Rambus RAM and a 2MB cache chip:

post-53274-0-98021700-1417001790_thumb.j

There is some SD RAM on the left of this image, but SD RAM is pretty uninteresting.

I'm sure I'll find a use for this stuff some day ;)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Nice.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

And a box of these puppies.. Not even opened.. Damn i need to clean out my shit... 5.jpg

post-84472-0-67002500-1417005275_thumb.j

800 kB of California's finest. Top that.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Part of my museum to computers (still fixing up a k6-2 based computer and configuring the ISA cards) and yes that's all 8 windows 3.1, 3.25" floppy disks.

post-155575-0-28142200-1417005076_thumb.

post-155575-0-87027300-1417005106_thumb.

post-155575-0-37685300-1417005134_thumb.

post-155575-0-18161200-1417005167_thumb.

post-155575-0-25576600-1417005186_thumb.

post-155575-0-32750200-1417005643_thumb.

PMSL

attachicon.giffoto.JPG

Top that.

Gosh darnit. I had a windows 1995 boot floppy disk. Threw it out though.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Gosh darnit. I had a windows 1995 boot floppy disk. Threw it out though.

Yeah no system 7 is much older than that. (1991)

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Vault?

Stash, storage, depository, warehouse, locker, strongbox, dump, bank, cache.

Stash, storage, depository, warehouse, locker, strongbox, dump, bank, cache.

Didn't know it could also mean stash/storage?

Didn't know it could also mean stash/storage?

Any old thing you have lying in your attic collecting dust. I was confused when it said vault as well.

They actually haven't changed the design that much over the years, new ones are very similar (that's if lenovo is IBM?)

They really havn't :) And yes, Lenovo bought the enterprise laptop / desktop department off IBM.. Something like that atleast. I use a Lenovo x240 as my work laptop, and it's the same matte finish as the old 370c :P