Anyone know where to get the original sonic games?

pipnina

My group of friends at college likes the conic games. I've always wanted to play them (Specifically 1-3) but can't find them on PC. Does anyone know where I can buy (Or torrent, I'm open to pirating 25 yr old software not being sold anymore)

If I need an emulator, I got no probs with that either, I already use Dolphin and PCSX2.

Help much appreciated!

~pipnina

I would be interested to know as well. I loved playing Sonic on the good 'ol sega.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I dont think you get them on PC but that doesnt stop you downloading the Emulator for the console you need and downloading the game from the internet from like.. coolroms,emuparadice etc.

http://coolrom.co.uk/search?q=sonic

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

In Sonic Generations you can play the whole SEGA Genesis/Megadrive version of the 1st game through.
Other than that I don't know since I actually still have a SEGA Megadrive hooked to my TV and have the games.

RTX2070OC 

They're on Steam for $5 each

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I dont think you get them on PC but that doesnt stop you downloading the Emulator for the console you need and downloading the game from the internet from like.. coolroms,emuparadice etc.

http://coolrom.co.uk/search?q=sonic

Are all the games I want (1-3, if that's what they're actually called. My friends said they were the best ones, but that 4 was also good) on the genesis? If so, which Emulator for it is legit? Emulator sites are very prone to being malware distributors.

I would try to find the original cartridges if you can. Nothing beats playing the real thing. If you want the original Genesis and Master System ones, your best bet is to hit up pawn shops. Ebay is really overpriced when it comes to that kind of thing.  I've found that thrift stores are really hit and miss. Otherwise, you could head over to www.segaage.com. I was once upon a time a very active member on Sega Age's sister site Nintendo Age. They're run by a buddy of mine, Dain. Really nice guy. Anyway, Sega Age is a site for Sega collectors. I'm sure you could find a copy for sale there for pretty cheap. People are always buying, selling, and trading stuff over there. Maybe make an account, read the rules and make a topic saying you are looking to buy the system and those games. You're bound to find someone who owns a bunch of copies and will sell you them for cheap.

Can't help you with older games but I recommend Sonic Generations which is available on Steam. You'll need a controller.

EDIT: Oh yeah, looks like some older ones are available on Steam.

Are all the games I want (1-3, if that's what they're actually called. My friends said they were the best ones, but that 4 was also good) on the genesis? If so, which Emulator for it is legit? Emulator sites are very prone to being malware distributors.

Yeah they are all legit there, I have been using both sites for years myself.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)