XBOX One performance compared to pc?

Alterlai

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how the new XBOX One stacks up against modern day pc components.

I've read people speculating it's about the performance of a 7790.

Now that we have some actual gameplay, do you think the XBOX One will outperform the 7790?

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

i say a gt650m is more like it

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

It has an APU in it...

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Xbox one will be able to play games at low-mid settings at 60fps. A 7790 will be able to play games at mid-high settings between 30 and 60 fps+ depending what game.

I saw a recent graph (I forgot where, will try to find it) that estimated the PS4 and Xbox performances to be about 50% that of a GTX 680.

Expect an Edit.

The Xbox One will perform about the same as an AMD APU in a system with 8GB of DDR3 RAM. The PS4 will probably perform a bit better than that.

We can compare raw power based on #'s but until we see games being released we won't know. Games released 3 years from now will look a ton better than games released at launch for the console. Everything has to do with optimization for consoles. Look at how nice uncharted 3 or the last of us look on the ps3. That system is 7 years old and the specs are so dated. Uncharted 3 is one of the best looking console games out there. I'm hoping naughty dog can keep with the great visuals while delivering amazing game play.

From the sounds of it a lot more games are going to be at 60fps. Thief is the only one confirmed to be at 30fps so it can look better. But halo, battlefield, and cod will all be at 60fps. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Put it this way, for awhile PS4 will be on par with most PC's (kinda) as far graphics go apart from SLI machines or expensive single card machines.

The console games will be insanely optimized, that Last Of Us game looks AMAZING on PS3 and its old......its all about optimization.

In a few year PC will again move further ahead of the consoles and games will continue to be more optimized for consoles pushing every last bit of umph they have until the PS5 or what ever.

Put it this way, PS4 games will look good in comparison to the PC alternative for awhile, not better obviously but quite good, and if all games will be 60FPS on the PS4, its going to be a very popular console for people who don't want to shell out alot of money for a gaming PC to be able to get a smooth 60+fps on high settings.

Then again...you need to factor in console game prices.....and whatever $/£ a month for the multiplayer...but yeh.

Here is the graph.

2013-06-11_06-02-25-1020_large_verge_med

Not even going to talk about the Xbone, not worth it.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

The Xbox One will perform about the same as an AMD APU in a system with 8GB of DDR3 RAM. The PS4 will probably perform a bit better than that.

It doesn't work like that. You clearly don't understand the software optimization benefits of a closed system.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

PC is infinity% better.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

A mid ranged PC as of the time of this comment.

But since PC is continuously improving, will be the same as a budget pc "soon".

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

while pcs  to improve on the hardware  side consoles improve on the software side so for a couple of years to come i won't be surprised if console graphics can match systems with 7870s  or 660s 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

My graphics card alone is more powerful than the xbox one...

Fuck consoles with their weak hardware

Put it this way, for awhile PS4 will be on par with most PC's (kinda) as far graphics go apart from SLI machines or expensive single card machines.

The console games will be insanely optimized, that Last Of Us game looks AMAZING on PS3 and its old......its all about optimization.

In a few year PC will again move further ahead of the consoles and games will continue to be more optimized for consoles pushing every last bit of umph they have until the PS5 or what ever.

Put it this way, PS4 games will look good in comparison to the PC alternative for awhile, not better obviously but quite good, and if all games will be 60FPS on the PS4, its going to be a very popular console for people who don't want to shell out alot of money for a gaming PC to be able to get a smooth 60+fps on high settings.

Then again...you need to factor in console game prices.....and whatever $/£ a month for the multiplayer...but yeh.

Here is the graph.

wth you mean to say in 2005 the gpus that were available for PC was worse than and xbox 360? 

wth you mean to say in 2005 the gpus that were available for PC was worse than and xbox 360? 

at the time 360 came out the hardware was literally next gen, unlike now which is current/last gen

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

at the time 360 came out the hardware was literally next gen, unlike now which is current/last gen

yea, it had a 3 core 3.2ghz cpu, which was really good for 05

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I would say 7790 performance, MAYBE 7850 at stock clocks (860/1200). Even though that's not that great, games will be optimized for that hardware and in turn produce better performance than we're used to seeing from those hardware capability levels.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I was just about to post that! :lol: To the OP- This about sums up the answer to your question. Remember, the next gen consoles are using an current gen APU without a dedicated GPU. A PC will be more powerful, but given how diverse the PC ecosystem games are poorly optimized for it given something like a console where devs find it easier to make games. That is why despite the poorer hardware, games look so good on consoles because they are so well optimized.

PC in Profile

Well, I failed to deliver on the link, but I see someone has posted a picture, so all is good.

Seeing the performance of the PS4 against the 680, I'd assume it has about the same performance as a GTX 480 (or 560ti, or a 650ti/ hd7850).

The HD 7850 costs around 120$.

The next gen consoles have surprisingly low graphics capabilities.

I actually didn't expect them to have this much low graphics.

Though they will be outperforming these cards due to just having more ram, and games that are specifically optimized for them, they contain no more horsepower than them (meaning they will clock even lower vs this year's GPU).

So, for anyone thinking for a second if they should get a PS4, let me summarize what I think might be the price point of a PC with Equal horsepower:

Graphics Card: HD7850: 145$

CPU: A8-3850: 86$

Motherboard: MSI A55M-P33: 48$

RAM: Crucial Ballistic 1x8GB, 1600: 42$

HDD: WD Blue, 500GB: 51$

Case: Rosewill FBM-01:  29$

PSU: Logisys 480W: 15$

DVDRW/ Blu-Ray Reader: Pioneer BDC-207DBK: 38$

Total Price: 436$

The link for the final parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/15U2l

For 436$, you can basically have what the PS4 gives you, and even a bit more. At least here you will be able to upgrade your GPU when you feel like you need to.

For those worrying about aesthetics, I did not opt for the cheapest Case, but one that actually did not look bad. (Picture)

And I was surprised by the price of that Blu-Ray reader, I thought it was gonna cost a lot more, but thankfully I was able to stay in the price range.

Don't forget that if you want to compare it fully with the PS4, we should consider the prices at launch date (which are gonna be inevitably lower).

And for the same price, you'd probably be able to get an HD 8850 gpu, or the nvidia 700s equivalent, which would outperform the next gen consoles.

One thing that's price I found too expensive was the HDD, these things have been at 50$ for way too long.

I got my 1TB drive 2 years ago for 89$, yet 500GBs are still at 50$? 

Although there was a 1TB hdd for 60$.

The perceived performance of this machine will be lower than that of the consoles due to optimization, but waiting 2-3 months longer for AMD to unveil their next GPU should give you the hand in performance.

Ninja Edited: Not 7770, but 7850.

Edit 2: I almost forgot the Never settle bundle. With the 7850 comes FC3: BD, BioShock infinite and Tomb Raider. (estimated at 150$)

Thinking that the so called 7790 APU and the 7790 Discrete are the same isnt ideal.

Different memory pathways/algorithms and optimizations could have them worlds apart, and thats if the xbox is using the 7790, let alone all consoles having well known direct access to the hardware

enabling a lot more out of the same counterparts than of the PC and Operating system API's.

The Specs may be similar, the stock performance is utilized differently at a hardware and software level.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Like everyone said it's like a 7790, but it's really optimised, just take a look at those trailers from e3 they're amazing with such a "weak" hardware. Final fantasy XV especially

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Like everyone said it's like a 7790, but it's really optimised, just take a look at those trailers from e3 they're amazing with such a "weak" hardware. Final fantasy XV especially

Those where running on a PC, practically all of them where.

We have very little big title footage FROM the new consoles.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

yea, it had a 3 core 3.2ghz cpu, which was really good for 05

I was just about to post that! :lol: To the OP- This about sums up the answer to your question. Remember, the next gen consoles are using an current gen APU without a dedicated GPU. A PC will be more powerful, but given how diverse the PC ecosystem games are poorly optimized for it given something like a console where devs find it easier to make games. That is why despite the poorer hardware, games look so good on consoles because they are so well optimized.

then in essence next gen consoles should also be ahead of its time...aka we deserve to get titans in our ps4s LOL xD

There is no way to compare the two. Anyone on these forums that try to do that are missing one serious point, all future games will be written and optimized for the new console hardware and we'll still get the crappy ports. 

To say that the Jaguar APU is equivalent to a 7790 or 7870 is irrelevant once game developers start taking advantage of the hardware. You won't be able to play BF4 at 1920x1080 and maintain 60fps in multiplayer with 7790, we'll get the port that requires a 770 or 7970 to keep up.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Well, I failed to deliver on the link, but I see someone has posted a picture, so all is good.

Seeing the performance of the PS4 against the 680, I'd assume it has about the same performance as a GTX 480 (or 560ti, or a 650ti/ hd7850).

The HD 7850 costs around 120$.

The next gen consoles have surprisingly low graphics capabilities.

I actually didn't expect them to have this much low graphics.

Though they will be outperforming these cards due to just having more ram, and games that are specifically optimized for them, they contain no more horsepower than them (meaning they will clock even lower vs this year's GPU).

So, for anyone thinking for a second if they should get a PS4, let me summarize what I think might be the price point of a PC with Equal horsepower:

Graphics Card: HD7850: 145$

CPU: A8-3850: 86$

Motherboard: MSI A55M-P33: 48$

RAM: Crucial Ballistic 1x8GB, 1600: 42$

HDD: WD Blue, 500GB: 51$

Case: Rosewill FBM-01:  29$

PSU: Logisys 480W: 15$

DVDRW/ Blu-Ray Reader: Pioneer BDC-207DBK: 38$

Total Price: 436$

The link for the final parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/15U2l

For 436$, you can basically have what the PS4 gives you, and even a bit more. At least here you will be able to upgrade your GPU when you feel like you need to.

For those worrying about aesthetics, I did not opt for the cheapest Case, but one that actually did not look bad. (Picture)

And I was surprised by the price of that Blu-Ray reader, I thought it was gonna cost a lot more, but thankfully I was able to stay in the price range.

Don't forget that if you want to compare it fully with the PS4, we should consider the prices at launch date (which are gonna be inevitably lower).

And for the same price, you'd probably be able to get an HD 8850 gpu, or the nvidia 700s equivalent, which would outperform the next gen consoles.

One thing that's price I found too expensive was the HDD, these things have been at 50$ for way too long.

I got my 1TB drive 2 years ago for 89$, yet 500GBs are still at 50$? 

Although there was a 1TB hdd for 60$.

The perceived performance of this machine will be lower than that of the consoles due to optimization, but waiting 2-3 months longer for AMD to unveil their next GPU should give you the hand in performance.

Ninja Edited: Not 7770, but 7850.

Edit 2: I almost forgot the Never settle bundle. With the 7850 comes FC3: BD, BioShock infinite and Tomb Raider. (estimated at 150$)

Why not just let the guy a PS4? I mean what about Windows? A nice monitor? A lot of people don't have 1080p monitors lying around, as well as a copy of windows 7, as those are the people consoles market to. The point of consoles are for living room big screen gaming and a prebuilt system that is supposed to last. Ket's just let console people have their consoles. Not everyone wants to game on a PC

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S