So I'm a console pleb now.

Psykomantis00

Asus ROG Formula-Z AM3 Motherboard.

AMD 8350 @ 4.6Ghz Watercooled with a Corsair H110 with Corsair SP fans. 

16gb Dominator platinum memory @1866Mhz

Saphire 7990 OC'd as far as Afterburner will go on both bars. 

OCZ Vertex 4 120gb SSD. 

Corsair 750w bronze psu. 

This is a video I made when another user here kept trying to tell me the game wasn't broken. As you can see in this video, it's unplayable. This happens every single game. Now that COD AW is out it runs amazing, but I have network connection issues. I cannot play with my friends on steam for more than one or two games without being kicked from the lobby. This sparked my purchase of the Xbone as I love playing COD with friends. Too bad I just cannot do it on PC. It just does not want to work. 

Also, before you say it's my internet connection, here is a speedtest. 

3941919686.png

Nice system :)

Yeah clearly isn't a spec issue.

Maybe it isn't your connection speed, people play on connections 10x slower....could be many things as a lot of the hardware is out of your control.

Is there a possibility to try the game out on a different machine? maybe a laptop or something or a friends machine. If you can or can't replicate the drop outs on other machines it would start narrowing down what the issue is. That's if you care at this point though :P

PC Gaming's investment is only slightly higher than the price of a console new

Not so sure about this - £350 for a PS4, with a gamepad.

You'd struggle to put together a PC for this price, especially if you wanted to include a controller or to make it a fairer comparison a basic keyboard and mouse. Not to mention you'd have to pirate your OS to get it around that price. Even for £500 I'd argue you're getting a worse deal than the PS4. Plus, with the console you know it's going to last for years to come, and not need upgrades (which the low-end PC would).

Also, it's a blu-ray player, which is a nice bonus :P

I like my PS4, it sits under the television and is used for Netflix and Fifa, but I had a blast playing games like AC: Black Flag on it when I first got it. Not to mention it just works :P

PC gaming is better, but I can enjoy the best of both worlds :P

• 2 weeks later...

PC gaming requires investment, I'll give you that. BUT, how can the games not be as good as their console counter parts? We have more customization options, graphical settings and much more that console doesn't have. If you feel like changing to console it's all good, but don't say PC games aren't as good as console ones.

Any multiplayer game is, for the most part, way better on the console. The communities are just vastly larger. You'll find anomalies here and there, but if I'm buying a primarily multiplayer game like a shooter I'm getting it on console so I can play with more people and my friends 

*Bill Jobs cries* We lost a fellow product key! But the NSA will be happy with our kinect plans!

Maybe I Like Bacon? :ph34r:

Any multiplayer game is, for the most part, way better on the console. The communities are just vastly larger. You'll find anomalies here and there, but if I'm buying a primarily multiplayer game like a shooter I'm getting it on console so I can play with more people and my friends 

Good luck with screaming 8yr olds.

Maybe I Like Bacon? :ph34r:

AC Unity, Watchdogs, Ultra SF4 and those are just the ones on the top of my head that I know from personal experience. I'm a pc gamer. I'm going to get the adapter to play with a kb/mouse on xbone. I would rather game on pc but it's just not something that's going to happen any time soon. I was looking at stuff to upgrade on my pc and I found two 7990's with waterblocks on ebay and I realized even if I got those games wouldn't run much better so I might as well spend the same amount on console shit. 

Why are you concerned with waterblocks for outdated graphics cards? Your priorities are pretty bad.

They're larger because they're filled with twelve year olds and dude bros.

Why are you concerned with waterblocks for outdated graphics cards? Your priorities are pretty bad.

Price vs performance. You're probably too dumb to understand so I'm not going to bother. 

Price vs performance. You're probably too dumb to understand so I'm not going to bother. 

You can get a 970 for cheaper than a PS4, and blow it away.

Nice with the insults though.

Not all of them. The xim4 has good reviews. 

Indeed I use the Xim4 to play Destiny it's great.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

My 7990 already does that. 

This thread is amazing. 

Some of you really need to rethink your approach in life and perhaps get some help, because you get a little too easily triggered over childish bullshit. 

Yeah, so you'll buy a 970 and just sit it on the desk alone?

Don't be so stupid.

Is this guy for real. Using Ubisoft games to "prove" that consoles run games better? His PC does look nice, but come on... Ubisoft is a console dev.

I've decided that since gaming on PC requires a huge investment and the games aren't as good as their console counter parts I went ahead and bought a Xbone to play COD AW on. There are way more players on Xbone than PC and I no longer have connection problems. I'm probably going to go full pleb and get a ps4 on black friday if I can get the gta bundle for 400. I feel so dirty. It's kinda neat that I can play on a 720p screen and know I'm not missing anything because it can't do higher resolutions so I no longer need to upgrade my screen. It's sad though, I've had the xbone for a full day and I've played more League of legends than I have COD on xbox today. 

'Games aren't as good as their console counter parts'

Get walking... 

post-104353-0-81216400-1418236032.gif

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

I'm not saying a faster pc isn't faster. I'm saying the games were built to run on console and do not run as well on pc. I don't think you're hearing me. I hate consoles. It's just that I've accepted that PC gaming isn't going to win any time soon. It doesn't matter how much money you throw at your pc at t this point, the consoles are their priority.

You hit the nail on the head.

I've decided that since gaming on PC requires a huge investment and the games aren't as good as their console counter parts I went ahead and bought a Xbone to play COD AW on. There are way more players on Xbone than PC and I no longer have connection problems. I'm probably going to go full pleb and get a ps4 on black friday if I can get the gta bundle for 400. I feel so dirty. It's kinda neat that I can play on a 720p screen and know I'm not missing anything because it can't do higher resolutions so I no longer need to upgrade my screen. It's sad though, I've had the xbone for a full day and I've played more League of legends than I have COD on xbox today. 

It doesn't matter if the Xbox One can't do higher resolutions. Since you are playing at a lower resolution, you are missing something and always will. Just imagine in a couple of years - that gap between between PC and current consoles(which suck from a hardware perspective) will continue to grow. You'll be stuck with shitty textures while PC gamers will have access to the highest textures. Granted, you'll have certain exclusives but in terms of multi-platform titles, that gap will be there. In fact, it already is. I'm gaming at 1080p, while you're stuck at 720p. And if I want to, I can upgrade to 2560x1600. You can't.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You have all those options and yet AC Unity has higher resolution textures and runs better on the xbone. Why? Because MS pressures them to make it run better on the xbone. So at the end of the day, you have a better gaming experience on the consoles. 

Start practicing your proper peasant tongue, I believe you meant this:

"4LL G4M3S 4R3 B3773R 0N XB0X. SHU7 UP I'1l fuk UR M0m!11!!1!1!!!one!!!!!1!!!1!1!!!one"

It depends, I didn't get my PC for gaming.   I just game on it, because I can.  I got it to improve my productivity with AVG.   

It doesn't matter if the Xbox One can't do higher resolutions. Since you are playing at a lower resolution, you are missing something and always will. Just imagine in a couple of years - that gap between between PC and current consoles(which suck from a hardware perspective) will continue to grow. You'll be stuck with shitty textures while PC gamers will have access to the highest textures. Granted, you'll have certain exclusives but in terms of multi-platform titles, that gap will be there. In fact, it already is. I'm gaming at 1080p, while you're stuck at 720p. And if I want to, I can upgrade to 2560x1600. You can't.

I play games on pc in 4k. Get on my level. 

I play games on pc in 4k. Get on my level. 

At what frame rate?

Locked at 60fps.

Locked doesn't mean you actually achieve that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch