So I'm a console pleb now.

Psykomantis00

Come back to me when you have somewhat of an idea what you're talking about. 

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15770-metro-redux-xbox-one-now-runs-912p-thanks-june-sdk-update-ps4-port.html

I stand corrected.

But! That's besides my main point. So don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

"It always is harder to be left behind than to be the one to go... "

"Your time may come. Do not be too sad, Sam. You cannot be always torn in two. You will have to be one and whole, for many years. You have so much to enjoy and to be, and to do."

"I'll never see them again. I know that. And they know that. And knowing this, we say farewell."

@Psykomantis00

Farewell my fellow master race brother.

I stand corrected.

But! That's besides my main point. So don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

You don't know what you're talking about. 

"It always is harder to be left behind than to be the one to go... "

"Your time may come. Do not be too sad, Sam. You cannot be always torn in two. You will have to be one and whole, for many years. You have so much to enjoy and to be, and to do."

"I'll never see them again. I know that. And they know that. And knowing this, we say farewell."

@Psykomantis00

Farewell my fellow master race brother.

XOXO <3

I will admit that the consoles have pretty good exclusives (the PC also has GREAT exclusives, not to mention emulators on the PC so after a few years the exclusives become a moot point), But PC is just... better... 

IDK man, i think you're insane..

Well anyway.. have fun with the following:

NOT being able to mod games

NOT being able to load your games onto a raid 0 SSD setup and have amazing load times (i have this and it is awesome)

paying $60 per year to play online

792p

stuck with the same old hardware for 5+ years

no multi monitor

30FPS

CPU: AMD FX8350 @4.4GHz | MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, 990FX chipset | RAM: 16GB (4x4) dual channel Patriot Xtreme series DDR3 @1866MHz @1.65V | GPU: Asus Radeon R9 Fury Strix| PSU: Corsair AX860i 860 watt | CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S + additional Noctua NF-F12 | Case:Corsair C70 Black | Storage: 3x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSDs; 1 for the OS, 2 in RAID 0 for games. 3x WD Red 3TB HDDs in raid 5 for bulk storage | Displays: 1x Dell 3007WFP 30 inch 2560x1600 IPS LCD. 1x I-Inc IH253DPB 25 inch 1920x1080 TN LCD | Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX brown switches + Blue LED backlight | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro | Mouse: Logitech G600 @1100 DPI | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit | 

Mfg/model number: Clevo/W355SSQ | CPU: Intel i7 4710MQ @3.5GHz  | MOBO: W35xSS_370SS, HM87 Chipset | RAM: 16GB (2x8) dual channel Crucial Ballistix DDR3 @1866MHz | GPU: GTX860m 2GB Gddr5 | Battery: 76,960mW/h 8 Cell battery, 3 Hrs full on a full charge | Storage: 1x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSD for the OS. 1x WD Red 1TB HDD For storage and games | Displays: 1x 15.6" 1080p LCD | Keyboard: Full 103 key back-lit keyboard | Mouse: Logitech M510 | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit |

Gimme 350 and it will run as well as it does on the xbone at the settings the console runs at! You are comparing the prices to push a game 60fps 1080p high with the price of a console running somewhat 20-30 fps 720-900p in settings that must be considered low-mid.... OF COURSE THATS CHEAPER?!  :huh:

while it is 30FPS 900p, AC:U on console runs at highish settings, with certain settings higher and some settings lower, far above medium low.

they should have gone with medium low and actually got a playable framerate out of it.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

You don't know what you're talking about.

Whether a certain game runs at 912p or not is besides the point. You're the delusional one here.

The statements you've done on this thread proves that you have no idea what you're talking about.

while it is 30FPS 900p, AC:U on console runs at highish settings, with certain settings higher and some settings lower, far above medium low.

they should have gone with medium low and actually got a playable framerate out of it.

Console gamers want the best "graphics" possible, and that's what they'll get from the developers. They don't care (most don't) about the resolution or the framerate, they just want their games to look as "next-gen" as possible to justify the new consoles' existence.

Console gamers want the best "graphics" possible, and that's what they'll get from the developers. They don't care (most don't) about the resolution or the framerate, they just want their games to look as "next-gen" as possible to justify the new consoles' existence.

That doesn't really hold water when we are consistently seeing more 60 fps games, and more native res games than last gen.

Basically outside of COD there were little to no 60fps games other than ones that absolutely required it like fighters last gen. This gen we have all kinds of devs from naughty dog saying "looking back 30 fps looks broken" to dice making the jump to 60, as well as Kojima pushing 60 fps in his new game. When we don't see 60 fps, games are usually holding their targets much better than the average last gen game.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Whether a certain game runs at 912p or not is besides the point. You're the delusional one here.

The statements you've done on this thread proves that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm delusional for pointing out where you were wrong? Hur dur. 

The statements I've done on this thread? Yea, I'm the dumb one here.  :rolleyes:

I will admit that the consoles have pretty good exclusives (the PC also has GREAT exclusives, not to mention emulators on the PC so after a few years the exclusives become a moot point), But PC is just... better... 

IDK man, i think you're insane..

Well anyway.. have fun with the following:

NOT being able to mod games

NOT being able to load your games onto a raid 0 SSD setup and have amazing load times (i have this and it is awesome)

paying $60 per year to play online

792p

stuck with the same old hardware for 5+ years

no multi monitor

30FPS

I still have a pc.

I still have a pc. 

Yes paying to play online sucks. 

720p is fine by me for the price I paid for the xbone and ps4. Had I spent the same amount I did on my pc, I'd be mad. 

I still have a pc.

I still have a pc.

I still have a pc. 

I've been thinking about getting the alienware alpha and doing a real world comparison to the console counter parts. Still thinking about it. 

Dont blow up.....calm.......(Meditates in corner for 5 hours)

=Dirty Diana V.1=

MOBO: :ASROCK Extreme6 CASE: Rosewill Thor V.2  CPU: I7 4770k  RAM: Crucial 8GB's 1600MHZ  PSU: Corsair RM750 GPU: GTX 780 Storage: 1TB HHD/240GB Samsung Evo SSD

I still have a pc.

I still have a pc. 

Yes paying to play online sucks. 

720p is fine by me for the price I paid for the xbone and ps4. Had I spent the same amount I did on my pc, I'd be mad. 

I still have a pc.

I still have a pc.

I still have a pc. 

I've been thinking about getting the alienware alpha and doing a real world comparison to the console counter parts. Still thinking about it. 

ah.. i apologize for coming off as hostile and fan boy-ish.  then. i thought you were selling your PC and getting a console.

For me personally, i don't notice any issue with the time spent on fiddling with my PC. 95% of games i play launch and play perfectly the first time. sure, there might be hiccups here and there, but its mostly a really nice experience. If i were you though, i'd save that $400 and put it towards a better monitor (you implied you had a 720p screen in your original post)

also, please, whatever you do, do NOT give dell (aka alienware) a dime of your money. i reallyt cannot stand them and their pricing scheme. i know they have to make some money, but charging $100 for an extra 4GB  of ram is ridiculous 

CPU: AMD FX8350 @4.4GHz | MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, 990FX chipset | RAM: 16GB (4x4) dual channel Patriot Xtreme series DDR3 @1866MHz @1.65V | GPU: Asus Radeon R9 Fury Strix| PSU: Corsair AX860i 860 watt | CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S + additional Noctua NF-F12 | Case:Corsair C70 Black | Storage: 3x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSDs; 1 for the OS, 2 in RAID 0 for games. 3x WD Red 3TB HDDs in raid 5 for bulk storage | Displays: 1x Dell 3007WFP 30 inch 2560x1600 IPS LCD. 1x I-Inc IH253DPB 25 inch 1920x1080 TN LCD | Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX brown switches + Blue LED backlight | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro | Mouse: Logitech G600 @1100 DPI | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit | 

Mfg/model number: Clevo/W355SSQ | CPU: Intel i7 4710MQ @3.5GHz  | MOBO: W35xSS_370SS, HM87 Chipset | RAM: 16GB (2x8) dual channel Crucial Ballistix DDR3 @1866MHz | GPU: GTX860m 2GB Gddr5 | Battery: 76,960mW/h 8 Cell battery, 3 Hrs full on a full charge | Storage: 1x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSD for the OS. 1x WD Red 1TB HDD For storage and games | Displays: 1x 15.6" 1080p LCD | Keyboard: Full 103 key back-lit keyboard | Mouse: Logitech M510 | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit |

ah.. i apologize for coming off as hostile and fan boy-ish.  then. i thought you were selling your PC and getting a console.

For me personally, i don't notice any issue with the time spent on fiddling with my PC. 95% of games i play launch and play perfectly the first time. sure, there might be hiccups here and there, but its mostly a really nice experience. If i were you though, i'd save that $400 and put it towards a better monitor (you implied you had a 720p screen in your original post)

also, please, whatever you do, do NOT give dell (aka alienware) a dime of your money. i reallyt cannot stand them and their pricing scheme. i know they have to make some money, but charging $100 for an extra 4GB  of ram is ridiculous 

I have the xbone hooked up to a 720p display because I have two of them I'm not using and they can't do 1080p anyway so why not? 

I have the xbone hooked up to a 720p display because I have two of them I'm not using and they can't do 1080p anyway so why not? 

some games and movies can be played at native 1080p on the consoles.

I'm delusional for pointing out where you were wrong? Hur dur. 

The statements I've done on this thread? Yea, I'm the dumb one here.  :rolleyes:

You're delusional for the things you've said in this thread. I accept the fact that I was wrong when I said no games run at 912p, I understand that. But that wasn't my main point, and doesn't take away the fact that you are the uneducated one here. A 7990 will absolutely crush any console, and even though some games might be slighly better optimized for consoles you'll still be able to have a better experience with your 7990.

The fact that you even mention grammar in this "debate" is frankly ridiculous and has nothing to do with anything. I don't know if English is your native language or not but mine is Swedish, and couple that with my age. I'm not the world's greatest English speaker, but I was in a hurry while writing that and could've done a better job. I do know two languages and am frankly really good at Swedish for my age, I did get an A on my oral presentation and article on age ratings in gaming.

Honestly, if you can afford both consoles then that money could of went to a kickass PC. Ah well, there are some good exclusives on consoles but I wouldn't say they have "better" exclusives because PC has some amazing exclusives.

edit (removed a bit of text I edited in): shit wrong thread lol

You're delusional for the things you've said in this thread. I accept the fact that I was wrong when I said no games run at 912p, I understand that. But that wasn't my main point, and doesn't take away the fact that you are the uneducated one here. A 7990 will absolutely crush any console, and even though some games might be slighly better optimized for consoles you'll still be able to have a better experience with your 7990.

The fact that you even mention grammar in this "debate" is frankly ridiculous and has nothing to do with anything. I don't know if English is your native language or not but mine is Swedish, and couple that with my age. I'm not the world's greatest English speaker, but I was in a hurry while writing that and could've done a better job. I do know two languages and am frankly really good at Swedish for my age, I did get an A on my oral presentation and article on age ratings in gaming.

No, that's not how that works. There are certain games that don't run at all, let alone well. This is where your inexperience shows. You're going by numbers on benchmarks and not actual real world performance. This is why I think you're dumb. Yes, a 7990 should destroy every game but the simple fact of the matter is it doesn't. The more powerful pc you have doesn't mean the game will run better. If it isn't optimized it will run like shit, no matter what hardware. Watchdogs ran like shit, AC Unity ran like shit, COD ghosts does not even run on my pc where the xbone has no problems at all playing it. I'm tired of having a beast machine that costs many multiple times what consoles do and still can't run a lot of games as well as the consoles. 

I see shitty broken English and I assume I'm talking to a kid or an idiot. In this case, it's both, but you're also swedish. 

Honestly, if you can afford both consoles then that money could of went to a kickass PC. Ah well, there are some good exclusives on consoles but I wouldn't say they have "better" exclusives because PC has some amazing exclusives.

edit (removed a bit of text I edited in): shit wrong thread lol

Hur dur I already have a pc. 

Psykomantis00, on 27 Nov 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

Hur dur I already have a pc. 

hur dur its not in ur sig hur dur

inb4"itsinmyprofilehurdur"andtowhichiwouldreplyhurduridontgiveafuckgetsomemannershurfuckingdur

hur dur its not in ur sig hur dur

inb4"itsinmyprofilehurdur"andtowhichiwouldreplyhurduridontgiveafuckgetsomemannershurfuckingdur

Hur dur signiatures are for children. I have them all disabled. This is a tech enthusiast forum (it's safe to assume most people here have a decent pc) and I've stated multiple times in this thread (5 times on this page alone, 10 if you count quotes). 

I'm not reading your small text. If you're afraid to say what you really think then you should probably avoid my threads. Actually, you should probably just block me and call it a day. 

Psykomantis00, on 27 Nov 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:Psykomantis00, on 27 Nov 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

Hur dur signiatures are for children. I have them all disabled. This is a tech enthusiast forum (it's safe to assume most people here have a decent pc) and I've stated multiple times in this thread (5 times on this page alone, 10 if you count quotes). 

I'm not reading your small text. If you're afraid to say what you really think then you should probably avoid my threads. Actually, you should probably just block me and call it a day. 

Oh here, this should make it a bit easier for you to read.

"This is a tech enthusiast forum (it's safe to assume most people here have a decent pc)" LOL.

Forgive me for not reading 4 pages of post's that are most likely just going to be PCMMR fuckwits giving you shit for buying a console.

.....COD ghosts does not even run on my pc where the xbone has no problems at all playing it. I'm tired of having a beast machine that costs many multiple times what consoles do and still can't run a lot of games as well as the consoles. 

.....just wondering what is your system setup?

.....just wondering what is your system setup?

Asus ROG Formula-Z AM3 Motherboard.

AMD 8350 @ 4.6Ghz Watercooled with a Corsair H110 with Corsair SP fans. 

16gb Dominator platinum memory @1866Mhz

Saphire 7990 OC'd as far as Afterburner will go on both bars. 

OCZ Vertex 4 120gb SSD. 

Corsair 750w bronze psu. 

This is a video I made when another user here kept trying to tell me the game wasn't broken. As you can see in this video, it's unplayable. This happens every single game. Now that COD AW is out it runs amazing, but I have network connection issues. I cannot play with my friends on steam for more than one or two games without being kicked from the lobby. This sparked my purchase of the Xbone as I love playing COD with friends. Too bad I just cannot do it on PC. It just does not want to work. 

Also, before you say it's my internet connection, here is a speedtest. 

3941919686.png

No, that's not how that works. There are certain games that don't run at all, let alone well. This is where your inexperience shows. You're going by numbers on benchmarks and not actual real world performance. This is why I think you're dumb. Yes, a 7990 should destroy every game but the simple fact of the matter is it doesn't. The more powerful pc you have doesn't mean the game will run better. If it isn't optimized it will run like shit, no matter what hardware. Watchdogs ran like shit, AC Unity ran like shit, COD ghosts does not even run on my pc where the xbone has no problems at all playing it. I'm tired of having a beast machine that costs many multiple times what consoles do and still can't run a lot of games as well as the consoles. 

I see shitty broken English and I assume I'm talking to a kid or an idiot. In this case, it's both, but you're also swedish. 

You are pathetic. You complain about my broken English yet you can't write properly yourself. The fact that you even mention it in a debate shows your elitism.

You must be doing something wrong with your machine considering you cannot run certain games at all. Watch Dogs did ran like shit on PC but it also ran at a ridiculous resolution and framerate on the consoles. If you wanted to run the damn thing at 792p 30fps you would've needed less expensive hardware. I agree with you that AC:U runs like shit, thought it's no different on the consoles.