Software to lower case fan RPM?

Tacitus

Hey, is it possible to reduce the speed of case fans without a fan controller or going into the bios?

I've got three of them and wouldn't mind turning them down when just doing essay writing and research, which is the bulk of what I do on the PC. I find the fans annoying while I'm reading, be that a book, or an online document.

Hey, is it possible to reduce the speed of case fans without a fan controller or going into the bios?

I've got three of them and wouldn't mind turning them down when just doing essay writing and research, which is the bulk of what I do on the PC. I find the fans annoying while I'm reading, be that a book, or an online document.

If the fans are not PMW then no, as they are run at a constant voltage from the motherboard, you can get low voltage adapters to run them slower

Or I suggest changing the fans, or installing a fan controller into the computer

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Speed Fan gives you control to an extent, but can be pretty hard to use and the results change with different hardware. 

If the fans are not PMW then no, as they are run at a constant voltage from the motherboard, you can get low voltage adapters to run them slower

Or I suggest changing the fans, or installing a fan controller into the computer

Speed Fan gives you control to an extent, but can be pretty hard to use and the results change with different hardware. 

Hmm, they're just the stock case fans of the Air 540. I'll just live with it I think haha.

You can buy fan speed reducers...

Other than that I really can't give any advice without there being a chance of screwing it up.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Since you are on Gigabyte, voltage reducers would do the trick best. Otherwise you can try OpenHardwareMonitor which halfs the speeds. Gigabytes own software is crap and Speedfan is not supported (not with Z87).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Not true. If you have a ROG board you can control 3pin fans through fan Xpert.

Not true. If you have a ROG board you can control 3pin fans through fan Xpert.

or MSI. Gigabytes fan controls just suck.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv