What gtx 780 brand do you recommend for overclocking?

Mattriz

Would it be better to buy a card like EVGA overclocked with a ACX cooler or the ASUS DirectCU II OC.  Or would you recommend a reference card

with the stock cooler.

CPU i7-930 @ 4GHz Mobo Asus P6X58D-E GPU Gigabyte 970 G1 RAM Patriot Division 4 Viper Extreme 8GB HDD Western Digital 1TB SSD Samsung 840 pro 128GB PSU Corsair TX 750w Cooling Corsair H100i Os Win 10 Pro Monitor AOC G2460PG

DirectCU II because of the re-designed PCB. ACX just uses an aftermarket cooler. Even if you decide to liquid cool, I'd still go with the DirectCU II because of that re-designed PCB.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Go for the reference card, It's extremely silent and looks beast! They'll all overclock very well, but gpu boost 2 will pretty much do all the necessary work for you ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

For overclocking, definitely the aftermarker coolers. And I'd recommend DirectCU II like the others have suggested.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not care how the card looks,only how it performs

CPU i7-930 @ 4GHz Mobo Asus P6X58D-E GPU Gigabyte 970 G1 RAM Patriot Division 4 Viper Extreme 8GB HDD Western Digital 1TB SSD Samsung 840 pro 128GB PSU Corsair TX 750w Cooling Corsair H100i Os Win 10 Pro Monitor AOC G2460PG

Wait for MSI to release their 780, MSI has always made the best overclocking GPU's

probs MSI lightning when it does finally get revealed and is launched

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

Asus Direct CUII, it's just a boss cooler. And they overclock like a beast. (when they release it that is)

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

MSI 780 Lightning.  Of course I'm a total Lightning fanboy though...

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

just be careful with the new design

TuWPxo7.jpg?1

should you want to SLI, you'd have a problem there....

only have a problem there if you have a motherboard that doesnt space well for your 16x

YES, fricken finally they made a new look for directcu2. Their old design even if it was good looked like ****. Im happy with the new design even if its a bit snazzy.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Asus Direct CUII, it's just a boss cooler. And they overclock like a beast. (when they release it that is)

When does the asus 780 direct cu come to market?

YES, fricken finally they made a new look for directcu2. Their old design even if it was good looked like ****. Im happy with the new design even if its a bit snazzy.

Snazzy means stylish and attractive.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Snazzy means stylish and attractive.

just a figure of speech. how about crazy simply because using two different fans.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

gigabyte 780 kicked the titan in nearly every benchmark

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

If only nvidia would of let people build non reference coolers for the Titan and let us OC the crap outta it, thing wud be a monster I bet

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

OK, this is a noob question I admit it, but can you actually buy the Nvidia branded card?  If so, where?  I see the term "reference" listed on different web sites, which to me indicates that they might be available - but I thought I would ask to see if I was missing something.

Thanks.

i would recommend the gigabyte card

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Thank you. I was not sure if they were using a stock image and that the card would not actually look like that. I notice that there are no 770's for example that use the Nvidia housing and fan.

Scott