Calling all Far Cry 4 owners....

WolfDeville

This topic blew my mind away... I really hope this is not true. I'm starting to hear disturbing things about Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisitiong(referring to the insane amounts of GB-writing/min) code-wise.

The thing is, I don't own either of these games and have yet to see anything publicly confirmed.

The ssd and drm thing is false.

Also it's not really a drm, it's just another protection program.

This tweak seemed to make my FC4 stutter even more and frame drop. My PC is not a slouch ether,i  am running a i7 2600k OC and a GTX 980 OC so....time to revert the tweak and keep on searching for the answer, damn Ubsoft...cant it be just  be something with my PC, i don't think so sins any other game i play on steam plays silky smooth with 60 FPS and more. .........Ubisoft, when will you stop digging, any more digging and your sure to hit the core of the earth or China.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

Well, can confirm. High end rig, fps is a lot more stable.

SLI scaling seems to stick to about 80-90% all the time instead of dropping down to 30% sometimes. (Which caused some fps drops for me.)

Well, can confirm. High end rig, fps is a lot more stable.

SLI scaling seems to stick to about 80-90% all the time instead of dropping down to 30% sometimes. (Which caused some fps drops for me.)

Are you kidding me? BRB trying this on my R9 290. Will be back with results.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Literally did nothing for me. Game still stutters like crazy even when the lows are in the 50's. while driving a vehicle.

Tested it on a four wheeler. Tested windowed borderless, full screen, vsync on and off. Seems like the friend just found an area and ran around and didn't hop  on a vehicle or travel far.

Anyways...Back to a locked 30 FPS. :(, which seems to be the only way to enjoy a title by Ubisoft...

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

FPS didnt increase for me (single 670, i5 2500k, 8gb ram) with this.

Literally did nothing for me. Game still stutters like crazy even when the lows are in the 50's. while driving a vehicle.

Tested it on a four wheeler. Tested windowed borderless, full screen, vsync on and off. Seems like the friend just found an area and ran around and didn't hop  on a vehicle or travel far.

Anyways...Back to a locked 30 FPS. :(, which seems to be the only way to enjoy a title by Ubisoft...

As a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBLDWg2JrJY&feature=youtu.be

Also is the stuttering that bad that you would actually go back to locked 30 FPS? Seems pretty drastic.

As a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBLDWg2JrJY&feature=youtu.be

Also is the stuttering that bad that you would actually go back to locked 30 FPS? Seems pretty drastic.

Simple challenge for you. Record yourself driving the 4 wheeler north outside the first village. Drive the four wheeler at full spreed to the mountain and then back again.

I have less hitching than Total Biscuit's GTX 980. Why? I don't know. Maybe the bandwidth of the r9 290 helps and my ram overclocks like crazy on this card? Still sucks. I am not going to play an unlocked 60 when a drop into 50 (which will happen on anything) causes the game to stutter and freeze.

I could cherry pick a small area on foot and show no framedrops on my R9 290/4770k and make this game look well optimized. It isn't. Hell I can even run around the first village ultrad out and make the game look optimized where I have seen GTX 970's struggle.

You also have 4 posts on this forum ever, and they all have to do with Ubisoft games which is very "odd". Everyone stutters in this game on a vehicle. You are basically selling a fairy tale.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954203-Terrible-stuttering-most-noticeable-while-driving-poor-texture-streaming

The only "solution" is to drop MIP mapping which just runs low textures or turn textures down to look worse than Far Cry 3 does with downsampling in Gedosato. Far Cry is a very visual type of game and I could give a damn about the mulitplayer.  So yup. In this game and AC Unity, dropping down to 30 FPS with Riva Tuner framepacing the 30 FPS limit and Radeon pro utility giving me a double vsync/triple buffer that is smoother than a "next gen consoles" 30 FPS is the best option.

Also the problem has nothing to do with SLI. The problem has to do with texture streaming and this. Just more shoddy CPU optimization from Ubisoft, just like AC Unity. To put it simply? This port is a turd and the slower you are on one core, the worse stuttering you are going to have. Are you calling a 4770k at 4.5 ghz slow on one core? Or Total Biscuits hexa (which would be slower on one core than that, depending on overclock he got? Sorry but when a Haswell Hexa and two GTX 980's stutter at SMAA on an unlocked 60 (a locked 60 is even worse)? You failed. 

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

I got around 50-60 fps and it runs pretty smooth all round... I sometimes have like what seems to be the scaling dropping and that creates a small stutter, but if you check the graph it barely happens. The big spike at the end is when I died and the game loaded in again.

I got around 50-60 fps and it runs pretty smooth all round... I sometimes have like what seems to be the scaling dropping and that creates a small stutter, but if you check the graph it barely happens. The big spike at the end is when I died and the game loaded in again.

I don't need to check your graphs. I have my own graphs.  I challenged you to record driving the four wheeler north out of the village with ultra textures on, maxed out. It is a simple challenge. You can fast travel there in the game. This will literally take a couple minutes of your time. 

Also when you dip into the 50's (which you admit happens) you WILL get huge microstutter on a vehicle and even freezes. Want people to believe you? Post a video. Show the settings, record driving the four wheel and we can all see you are full of it.

I mean you said "high end rig". Surely you can record game play right? I will even be nice. Do it with SMAA. Surely such pitiful AA on your "high end computer" which you claim has no problems can run budget AA on ultra right? I am not asking you to run 4xTXAA/MSAA which Nvidia recommends on a single GTX 980 (most hilarious thing I have ever read). I am asking for Ultra, God rays, HBAO+ and SMAA. 

Simple challenge for you. Record yourself driving the 4 wheeler north outside the first village. Drive the four wheeler at full spreed to the mountain and then back again.

I have less hitching than Total Biscuit's GTX 980. Why? I don't know. Maybe the bandwidth of the r9 290 helps and my ram overclocks like crazy on this card? Still sucks. I am not going to play an unlocked 60 when a drop into 50 (which will happen on anything) causes the game to stutter and freeze.

I could cherry pick a small area on foot and show no framedrops on my R9 290/4770k and make this game look well optimized. It isn't. Hell I can even run around the first village ultrad out and make the game look optimized where I have seen GTX 970's struggle.

You also have 4 posts on this forum ever, and they all have to do with Ubisoft games which is very "odd". Everyone stutters in this game on a vehicle. You are basically selling a fairy tale.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954203-Terrible-stuttering-most-noticeable-while-driving-poor-texture-streaming

The only "solution" is to drop MIP mapping which just runs low textures or turn textures down to look worse than Far Cry 3 does with downsampling in Gedosato. Far Cry is a very visual type of game and I could give a damn about the mulitplayer.  So yup. In this game and AC Unity, dropping down to 30 FPS with Riva Tuner framepacing the 30 FPS limit and Radeon pro utility giving me a double vsync/triple buffer that is smoother than a "next gen consoles" 30 FPS is the best option.

Also the problem has nothing to do with SLI. The problem has to do with texture streaming and this. Just more shoddy CPU optimization from Ubisoft, just like AC Unity. To put it simply? This port is a turd and the slower you are on one core, the worse stuttering you are going to have. Are you calling a 4770k at 4.5 ghz slow on one core? Or Total Biscuits hexa (which would be slower on one core than that, depending on overclock he got? Sorry but when a Haswell Hexa and two GTX 980's stutter at SMAA on an unlocked 60 (a locked 60 is even worse)? You failed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp8r57igMB4&feature=youtu.be

Video settings on highest and MSAA 8x

There you go!

Also in order to support Linus with expanding his "firm" you need an account to donate. Hence why I recently signed up and stopped lurking...

You're acting like I'm a Ubisoft fanboy who is saying nothing is wrong with their last two releases. Unity is broken and Farcry does not perform all that well for everybody. Hence why I haven't bought any of them. Yet... (If you know what I mean). I tried what OP suggested to make this game run better and it does seem to help for me.

Also I'm not a fan of 30 fps gaming. Don't you have input lagg then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp8r57igMB4&feature=youtu.be

Video settings on highest and MSAA 8x

There you go!

Also in order to support Linus with expanding his "firm" you need an account to donate. Hence why I recently signed up and stopped lurking...

You're acting like I'm a Ubisoft fanboy who is saying nothing is wrong with their last two releases. Unity is broken and Farcry does not perform all that well for everybody. Hence why I haven't bought any of them. Yet... (If you know what I mean). I tried what OP suggested to make this game run better and it does seem to help for me.

Also I'm not a fan of 30 fps gaming. Don't you have input lagg then?

1) you put auto drive on which drives nowhere close to top speed where it hitches like crazy.

2) when you drove without it you kept the speed low and did not look around at all. We can hear the throttle brah. We know you are attempting to make the game look well optimized.

Now you are just attempting to fool people here lol. BTW I get higher lows with a single AMD card. Game still stutters like crazy when you drive a vehicle fast or look around while driving. Game is CPU bound. Why are my lows higher? Probably cus I have a higher oc?

Also I could set the textures to low and not drop from 60. No one would be able to tell the difference with that video quality. I could also use the XML edit and set mip mapping to off. Again no one could tell the difference from a cell phone. Hell you could not even tell no AA from 8X MSAA... To put it mildly... I could deceive people better than you are and I would not be silly enough to keep sound on and autodrive lol. 

deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

1) you put auto drive on which drives nowhere close to top speed where it hitches like crazy.

2) when you drove without it you kept the speed low and did not look around at all. We can hear the throttle brah. We know you are attempting to make the game look well optimized.

Now you are just attempting to fool people here lol. BTW I get higher lows with a single AMD card. Game still stutters like crazy when you drive a vehicle fast or look around while driving. Game is CPU bound. Why are my lows higher? Probably cus I have a higher oc?

Also I could set the textures to low and not drop from 60. No one would be able to tell the difference with that video quality. I could also use the XML edit and set mip mapping to off. Again no one could tell the difference from a cell phone. Hell you could not even tell no AA from 8X MSAA... To put it mildly... I could deceive people better than you are and I would not be silly enough to keep sound on and autodrive lol. 

You need to chill out and learn to trust people lol... What would he have to gain through lying about game performance??????

You need to chill out and learn to trust people lol... What would he have to gain through lying about game performance??????

??? The guy specifically made a video trying to trick people and put autodrive on, and showed no settings. Totalbiscuit hitches like crazy on two GTX 980's and a Haswell Hexa on SMAA. That is a computer that probably cost 3-4 grand. He posted video of the damn thing on his review of the port.

I posted a thread on Ubisoft with people with Haswell's near 5ghz hitching and stuttering.

He is selling snakeoil and his entire post history (which is small) revolves around Ubisoft games. Give me a break. I need to trust the guy? Please. I have seen this game hitch and stutter on multiple I5's I7's all overclocked with a 780ti, a GTX 980 and my R9 290.

People are complaining non stop on the Nvidia forums about their GTX 970's and 980's. They are complaining non stop on the Ubisoft forums. The game has problems with core optimization and texture streaming and higher settings/textures simply are not possible on anything with smooth play. That is just a fact. AC Unity had the exact same problem. They are both ported by Ubisoft Kiev. 

This "user" also posted a GPU usage graph which is a joke and probably him staring at a wall. There are many graphs we have posted on the Ubisoft forums showing the GPU spiking down by 30-40 percent while driving a vehicle (and by driving I mean actually driving the damn thing and looking around and not putting on a scripted autodrive). Driving and vehicles are a big part of this game. This game also has boats and hang gliders which probably stutter worse than that 4 wheeler lol. 

deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

??? The guy specifically made a video trying to trick people and put autodrive on, and showed no settings. Totalbiscuit hitches like crazy on two GTX 980's and a Haswell Hexa on SMAA. That is a computer that probably cost 3-4 grand. He posted video of the damn thing on his review of the port.

I posted a thread on Ubisoft with people with Haswell's near 5ghz hitching and stuttering.

He is selling snakeoil and his entire post history (which is small) revolves around Ubisoft games. Give me a break. I need to trust the guy? Please. I have seen this game hitch and stutter on multiple I5's I7's all overclocked with a 780ti, a GTX 980 and my R9 290.

People are complaining non stop on the Nvidia forums about their GTX 970's and 980's. They are complaining non stop on the Ubisoft forums. The game has problems with core optimization and texture streaming and higher settings/textures simply are not possible on anything with smooth play. That is just a fact. AC Unity had the exact same problem. They are both ported by Ubisoft Kiev. 

This "user" also posted a GPU usage graph which is a joke and probably him staring at a wall. There are many graphs we have posted on the Ubisoft forums showing the GPU spiking down by 30-40 percent while driving a vehicle (and by driving I mean actually driving the damn thing and looking around and not putting on a scripted autodrive). Driving and vehicles are a big part of this game. This game also has boats and hang gliders which probably stutter worse than that 4 wheeler lol. 

I have the same setup as TotalBiscuit (3930k and dual 980's) and it does hitch quite a bit but you don't see me going around complaining and what not.... Not everyone has the exact same results with games, I have no problem believing this guy has his game working nicely because I played the game on my friends dual 780 rig and it runs like a dream. So settle down......... It is just a game that's been released with some bugs and isn't optimised well for certain systems, and it will be patched eventually.

I have the same setup as TotalBiscuit (3930k and dual 980's) and it does hitch quite a bit but you don't see me going around complaining and what not.... Not everyone has the exact same results with games, I have no problem believing this guy has his game working nicely because I played the game on my friends dual 780 rig and it runs like a dream. So settle down......... It is just a game that's been released with some bugs and isn't optimised well for certain systems, and it will be patched eventually.

Are you going around selling a fairy tale that it doesn't hitch and stutter? No? Then I don't care. He was. I called him out on BS. It is done. I am glad you can also confirm that it stutters no matter what you throw at it as far as a computer.

"You don't see me going around complaining"? I am not allowed to tell people that someone is LYING to them or voice complaints about a game being a stuttering mess? Cool story. Gonna call me entitled next? People deserve to know if a port runs well or is optimized. This is a single player FPS game that is cpu bound on the highest overclocked Haswell's in the world, which is an absolute joke. 

"I played the game on my friends dual 780 rig and it runs like a dream"

NM. You want to sell a fairy tale as well. So now lesser video cards don't stutter and good video cards do? Everyone return those GTX 980's and buy GTX 780's! Your friend was running low textures and or running without mip mapping if what you are saying is true. He could take one of the GTX 780's out and would get the same performance on a game that looks worse than Far Cry 3 with gedosato downsampling when played at low textures. 

deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

Are you going around selling a fairy tale that it doesn't hitch and stutter? No? Then I don't care. He was. I called him out on BS. It is done. I am glad you can also confirm that it stutters no matter what you throw at it as far as a computer.

"You don't see me going around complaining"? I am not allowed to tell people that someone is LYING to them or voice complaints about a game being a stuttering mess? Cool story. Gonna call me entitled next? People deserve to know if a port runs well or is optimized. This is a single player FPS game that is cpu bound on the highest overclocked Haswell's in the world, which is an absolute joke. 

"I played the game on my friends dual 780 rig and it runs like a dream"

NM. You want to sell a fairy tale as well. So now lesser video cards don't stutter and good video cards do? Everyone return those GTX 980's and buy GTX 780's! Your friend was running low textures and or running without mip mapping if what you are saying is true. He could take one of the GTX 780's out and would get the same performance on a game that looks worse than Far Cry 3 with gedosato downsampling when played at low textures. 

this kid, lel.

this kid, lel.

The other guy left. Why? He has 6 total posts on this forum EVER, all defending Ubisoft and selling a fairy tale as far as optimization. That is called a shareholder or an astroturfer. You defended him. That makes you the same or an imbecile. Take  a pick.

You also felt the need to attack me for calling out a LIE on this forum, and for complaining about a poorly optimized game which runs badly on the best hardware you can throw at it. There is ZERO excuse for a single player shooter to have stutter and be optimized this badly on the CPU. This is not 2008. 

Have a great day attacking people for voicing legitimate complaints that are all over the official Ubisoft forum, Nvidia forums, when you admit the game stutters on two GTX 980's, or for calling out a 100 percent lie from someone whose entire, SMALL post history revolves around selling/promoting Ubisoft games.

Lies on this forum are not good. People will be buying this game (they shouldn't unless it is fixed and most people do not have overclocked Haswell's like ours that STILL struggle) and expecting performance that is not attainable due to the lie. They will then flood the forum with questions if their hardware is broken (they already have) due to a bad port.

Have a good day sir. You are scum or very, very naive.

deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

The other guy left. Why? He has 6 total posts on this forum EVER, all defending Ubisoft and selling a fairy tale as far as optimization. That is called a shareholder or an astroturfer. You defended him. That makes you the same or an imbecile. Take  a pick.

You also felt the need to attack me for calling out a LIE on this forum, and for complaining about a poorly optimized game which runs badly on the best hardware you can throw at it. There is ZERO excuse for a single player shooter to have stutter and be optimized this badly on the CPU. This is not 2008. 

Have a great day attacking people for voicing legitimate complaints that are all over the official Ubisoft forum, Nvidia forums, when you admit the game stutters on two GTX 980's, or for calling out a 100 percent lie from someone whose entire, SMALL post history revolves around selling/promoting Ubisoft games.

Lies on this forum are not good. People will be buying this game (they shouldn't unless it is fixed and most people do not have overclocked Haswell's like ours that STILL struggle) and expecting performance that is not attainable due to the lie. They will then flood the forum with questions if their hardware is broken (they already have) due to a bad port.

Have a good day sir. You are scum or very, very naive.

5rLdn8h.gif

5rLdn8h.gif

Cool meme. And you call me a kid? You should try IGN.com. They would be impressed with the meme. Enjoy the hitching/stuttering mess that Far Cry 4 is, which you admit it is....

Don't complain about it though. Or you are "entitled". We should just settle for broken games now and not complain or tell people that the port is bad. 

deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:

Cool meme. And you call me a kid? You should try IGN.com. They would be impressed with the meme. Enjoy the hitching/stuttering mess that Far Cry 4 is, which you admit it is....

Don't complain about it though. Or you are "entitled". 

comment_oZZ5sCjcBL53pDZPB81VL9qR8ABCEmlH

I don't know what his problem is, but i'll upload an actual video in a bit. I mean, I saw your post OP, tried it and it seems to work. Now 5 posts later i'm a Ubisoft fanboy...

comment_oZZ5sCjcBL53pDZPB81VL9qR8ABCEmlH

Pretty sure everyone that reads this thread is laughing at you. They can click the other guys profile see that his entire post history is promoting/selling Ubisoft games and fake performance. The people who have this game knows he is lying.

They then see you supporting him and posting memes. Jokes on you buddy. There are many threads on this forum saying the port runs like a stuttering mess on any hardware. You say the game runs like a stuttering mess on your hardware. You then told me not to "complain".

Now if you think the average forum user here is on a CPU that can match a Sandy PC with GTX 980's (which still stutters like anything else)? You are delusional. The port is bad, you are posting memes like a child and I am done with this conversation.