PS4's Gameplay stuttering at E3, what do you guys think is causing.

Jerry Wu

I am really hyped by the PS4. The only thing that holds me is the gameplay stuttering we just witnessed at E3. Props to Sony for doing the live demo, otherwise this issue could have gone undetected. So, what is causing the problem? The unit itself has 8GB of GDDR 5 unified RAM. So, the RAM is unlike the cause. It maybe CPU, GPU or hard drive. 

This is a link for PS4's hardware spec. http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-release-date-news-and-features-937822

It feels like spec is decent. For some of you that love to hate console. Let's be real, just for gaming. PC is nowhere near the value of PS4. Thanks. 

PC is nowhere near the value of PS4.

I stopped when I saw this. That's a funny statement. You a Playstation fanboy?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The games are still not finish. So let's not jump into some conclusions.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Yeah. Unfinished games. And they still require optimizations.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Failbox one had a lot of stuttering, but nobody noticed ;)

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I stopped when I saw this. That's a funny statement. You a Playstation fanboy?

Maybe I should have said at the lower price range PS4 is better because it is difficult to assemble a PC that games at $399. At higher price range, a PC can do high resolution and prettier graphics which are the intrinsic values no consoles can match. 

Failbox one had a lot of stuttering, but nobody noticed ;)

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I think he is trying to that you cant make a £349 pc with that power. Anyways maybe a 6800k could do it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I think he is trying to that you cant make a £349 pc with that power. Anyways maybe a 6800k could do it.

its only £250 in America. and the 6800k APU which costs £120 without any other parts of the pc i think value of a console is incredible.

games are unfinished and some optimizations needed. maybe they were playing on dev kits and not an actual ps4?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

In my opinion it was streamed gameplay, that's why it was stuttering. Considering all the wireless connections in there it wouldn't be a surprise. It might have actually be streamed from Gaikai. Gaikai was awesome even on lame network connection, it worked even on smartphones!

PC is nowhere near the value of PS4.

Made a PC that is worth buying with prices from newegg with a subtotal of $497. Well 98$ more, but if you already have an old PC you can use the case, HDD and Power Supply making it 342$ so yes you can build a PC that is (insert word of your choice here: /near the PS4/as good as PS4/almost as good as the PS4). To be honest a good PC starts at around 600$ with peripherals included. Anything under it is good to play games but nowhere near high details in the game. If you look at my signature you can see what PC I have, and I can run any game that was released so far. Some of them on medium-high and the rest of them at low-medium or even with some effects off and medium settings. Obviously depending on game, and I think it was around 650$ when I built it 4 years ago.

If you are interested these are the components I choose:

COOLER MASTER RC-120A-KKN1 $49.99
GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-DS2 $59.99
ASUS HD7770-2GD5 2GB 128-bit $149.99
CORSAIR CX430 430W 80 PLUS BRONZE $44.99
AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4GHz $84.99
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3 1600 $46.99
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM $59.99

Subtotal: $496.93 (includes Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

I am really hyped by the PS4. The only thing that holds me is the gameplay stuttering we just witnessed at E3. 

Yes, you are a genius

a games bad performance at a press conference demo is an indication that the console hardware is broken. 

It seems like the Xbox One will also be shipping with broken hardware because of how the Battlefield 4 demo performed. 

Yes, you are a genius

a games bad performance at a press conference demo is an indication that the console hardware is broken. 

It can also be an indicator that the game isn't optimized properly. It's unreleased code - can't expect perfection.