Thermalright HR-02 Macho v2 is here: Six heat pipes under £40: Dayum

brownninja97

Screw the cooler you get a screwdriver, so buy now. Or perish

814256001053.jpg

So a short while back i overviewed the passive version of this heatsink, Thermalright thought it would be a good idea to you know, put a 140mm fan on their new heatsink. I know mind blown.

"More cooler needs no one"- Dumbledore 2015

There isnt a major increase in technology, the fins are now angled ever so slightly, the top fin is black which is pretty much like a go faster stripe for heatsinks.  

Note the 140mm is fat 140mm fan, not a thin one.

814256001053-6.jpg

They have optimized it to run with fans which dont blow your face off with 4000rpm, they are aiming for that 900rpm zone, when shit gets real the fan drops down to 300rpm because faster fan means convection current goes around faster yeah yeah science.

They reported that the rpm will be anywhere between  28.7 m³/h to a higher 125 m³/h. Seems legit.

Their fan uses Enhanced Hyper flow bearing which is complete and utter bullshit, just means fluid bearing.

Height: 159mm

Pricing:

UK: £37.99

Euro: 42.99

US: $50.00

canada: $52.00(not sure why the price is higher there, i blame amd)

Sources:

Me

http://www.techpowerup.com/207242/thermalright-announces-hr-02-macho-rev-b-cpu-cooler.html

http://www.eteknix.com/new-thermalright-hr-02-macho-rev-b-cpu-cooler-announced/

http://omgdgt.com/2014/11/cpu-cooler-thermalright-hr-02-macho-rev-b-have-a-new-fan/

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/thermalright-announces-hr-02-macho-rev-b-cpu-cooler/

http://www.thermalright.com/html/products/cpu_cooler/macho_revb.html

Remember little nooblet news posters, use more then one source.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

hows my highlighting, first time doing it?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Remember little nooblet news posters, use more then one source.

Someone's in a bad mood, based on this and the style of this post :3

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Someone's in a bad mood, based on this and the style of this post :3

ive got five different pieces of coursework to hand in tomorrow, so yeah im not warm and fuzzy, ok a bit fuzzy

Listen if you care.

ive got five different pieces of coursework to hand in tomorrow, so yeah im not warm and fuzzy, ok a bit fuzzy

THen why are you doing this :3?

Looks pretty good though. I would still prefer a dual tower heatsink when it comes to air but this is pretty good bang for the buck

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Looks good. The report that is, not the product, that's far too big and ungainly for me, but the passive version would be a tempting choice.

Also, as Archangel said, are you more than a little peeved at those one line wonders in the news section?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

THen why are you doing this :3?

Looks pretty good though. I would still prefer a dual tower heatsink when it comes to air but this is pretty good bang for the buck

needed to take my mind of doing a report, so i reported on this. Wait a sec, shit. Im still doing the same damn thing

Listen if you care.

Looks good. The report that is, not the product, that's far too big and ungainly for me, but the passive version would be a tempting choice.

Also, as Archangel said, are you more than a little peeved at those one line wonders in the news section?

This isnt my best news post but i normally put a lot of time in research before i post, really takes the piss when you put a lot of time and them some dickmonster comes along throws a link up and people dont notice any difference.

Listen if you care.

It is worth mentioning that you get a long magnetic screw driver with the cooler, which i find awesome!

I have built a PC with its little brother (120 mm version) just recently and it's one awesome cooler! The mounting (intel) really surprised me as it is very easy to apply and very rugged for such a budget cooler.

Best cooler if you want a giant chunk of heatsink for the least money possible. 

gg no re, Hyper 212 Evo! :P

Edit: 40 GBP is a bit much imo. Here it sells for ~35€.

who cares...

It is worth mentioning that you get a long magnetic screw driver with the cooler, which i find awesome!

I have built a PC with its little brother (120 mm version) just recently and it's one awesome cooler! The mounting (intel) really surprised me as it is very easy to apply and very rugged for such a budget cooler.

Best cooler if you want a giant chunk of heatsink for the least money possible. 

gg no re, Hyper 212 Evo! :P

Edit: 40 GBP is a bit much imo. Here it sells for ~35€.

Get a raijintek themis, after that came out there is no reason for the hyper 212 to be brought, its the same price, more powerful fan, quieter fan, most importantly a better mounting system and i like their name better

Listen if you care.

Okay for night theme, use bold if you want highlight.

Awesome heatsink, best bang/buck

heheh no the raijintek ereboss beats this and its about 10-15% cheaper everywhere, no temp difference only a sound difference.

Also i dont like highlighting, never gonna do it again

Listen if you care.

Get a raijintek themis, after that came out there is no reason for the hyper 212 to be brought, its the same price, more powerful fan, quieter fan, most importantly a better mounting system and i like their name better

I've seen that cooler a couple times. Basically the same as the Macho.  Edit: meant the ereboss here

Yeh, the 212 Evo mounting sucks ass, especially the AMD one. That's almost a crime. :D

who cares...

I've seen that cooler a couple times. Basically the same as the Macho.

Yeh, the 212 Evo mounting sucks ass, especially the AMD one. That's almost a crime. :D

nono i said themis not the ereboss, well there is the themis evo, the themis and the hyper 212 are pretty much the same size i believe.

Listen if you care.

heheh no the raijintek ereboss beats this and its about 10-15% cheaper everywhere, no temp difference only a sound difference.

Also i dont like highlighting, never gonna do it again

wow, 35€! you are right :o

From now on i only recommend this heatsink.

wow, 35€! you are right :o

From now on i only recommend this heatsink.

i think height is the only issue, as the fan is thin the ram is fine, i think the ereboss is 160mm. But i honest have no idea how they are making a profit from it.

Listen if you care.

i think height is the only issue, as the fan is thin the ram is fine, i think the ereboss is 160mm. But i honest have no idea how they are making a profit from it.

slaves :D

slaves :D

shit thats so wrong considering raijintek are german.  :wacko:

Listen if you care.

shit thats so wrong considering raijintek are german.  :wacko:

The design team is in Germany but everything else is in Malaysia or Taiwan or something like that.

But yes, Raijintek > Pretty much anyone, unless you want premium feel (IE, BeQuiet)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

i LOVE thermalright

they are the epitimity of design

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Looks nice, and those low rpm fans can be really quiet, My Scythe Mugen 4 800rpm fans are very quiet as well

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

If going with air cooling I'd always go with BeQuiet!

you stay loyal to a single company and you will loose out a lot of time.

Listen if you care.