I dont belive it, Ubisoft....wow

nazaa49

I am astounded, FAR CRY 4 RUNS GOOD B)

Thank you, ubisoft for not killing one of my favorite games!

Steady 90 fps with everything on ultra, and gorgeous graphics to boot. ok enough back to playing :D

Hows the gameplay?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Whats your setup? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

last i looked it looked like Far Cry 3, if it didnt run good i would be surprised 

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I'm not surprised.  Its not that different from FC3 in terms of graphics.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Has Noobisoft earned back there regular name of Ubisoft have they? :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Nvidia's release driver for FC4, it's scheduled for sometime around 16:00 UTC which I think is about 11AM EST. In addition there is this Tweaking guide for Nvidia Cards that is VERY thorough. http://www.geforce.c...-tweaking-guide just in case there are some with issues.

Also idk why people are saying it doesn't look too much better than FC3, I play FC3 downsampled from 2880x1620 with everything but AA(because DS) and motion blur on and on just the High preset @1080p I though that FC4 looked a lot better than FC3. 

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

they still have a big hole to fill

Damn straight! :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

He's a plant! looking at his posts and a lot of them are about ubi....spy!

i7 4790k and 2 r9 290x cards but im only using one atm, was getting screen tearing but that was my monitor set to 60hz and not 144 for some reason, so far im loving it and i have to say it looks quite a bit better the FC3, even looks better the unity

BUT i guess going into villages is hard for it to handle since it just dropped me down to 60 fps

He's a plant! looking at his posts and a lot of them are about ubi....spy!

oh trust me i still fucking hate their guts for making unity unplayable, i just joined the forums in time for the ubi hate train to roll in

oh trust me i still fucking hate their guts for making unity unplayable, i just joined the forums in time for the ubi hate train to roll in

"oh trust me" that's what a plant would say  :ph34r:

I am astounded, FAR CRY 4 RUNS GOOD B)

Thank you, ubisoft for not killing one of my favorite games!

Steady 90 fps with everything on ultra, and gorgeous graphics to boot. ok enough back to playing :D

Record yourself driving a 4 wheeler. Not saying I don't believe you, and I know AMD just put out a new driver (cus I downloaded it when I saw the patchnotes for DA:I), but the game is a stuttering mess atm with vehicles on a 780ti. Maybe they can cull the game when you get on one or something in a future patch. I just watched it on a 780ti, 4770k at I think 4.2 (he lost the silicon lottery and it is on water)? at a buddies house. Outside of vehicles it is ok. When you get a dip though microstutter is REALLY bad. Like the second it dips under 60 WHAMMO. I was over there for awhile. I tried the sparse Vsync (limits it to 30 FPS) and somehow that caused 20 FPS drops from 30, triple buffer, everything. Vsync actually made it way worse. Also tried lowering his monitor to 59hz instead of 60 for the hell of it. Nothing helped.

Even people with 970's are saying they dip into the 40's/50's on Neogaf when they get in a vehicle. 

I know Nvidia has a new driver coming out tomorrow, and I know AC Unity was very slanted towards Maxwell. Wonder if this is the same deal. Would be freakin hilarious if AMD optimized their closed library though.

I will say that the game DOES look good. The cheap AA actually looked better to me than MSAA. Sharpened the trees too much. TXAA? I hate. Too blurry. The assets that are there didn't really need heavy aliasing, the textures are much better than I expected. God Rays look good. The setting below that looked like CRAP (volumetric fog or whatever). Soft Shadows? I couldn't tell the difference to be honest. HBAO +? Meh. The god rays were what impressed me. Also I tried without AA and got the same dips/major stutters on vehicles, so it looks like it was cpu bound.

Did you have the geometry set lower? Or world or any of those settings? Maybe that is what is killing the CPU. Maybe post a screenshot of the settings? Like I said when you are on vehicles is when the game seems to take a nose dive.

I know the tree thing was just added (came up as a new setting when we patched it), so that is probably tessellation to give Nvidia cards an edge. I imagine you don't have that on. 

IF they can fix the microstuttering/vehicle mess I might consider buying it. Having an AMD GPU though, I am gonna want to see major proof before I buy the game though.

Edit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=934393&page=7

"Not getting quite as good performance out of my GTX970 rig that I was hoping for, but it's good for the most part. Ultra 1080p runs at 60fps for most of the time, but driving around fast for example makes it stutter." Looks like this guy got deeper into the game and saw the same issues."

Same Neogaf thread

"60fps solid, with some drops to 55.

i7 2600K @4.5GHZ
MSI GTX970
8GB 
Windows 7"

Looks like the stuttering happens on everything. :(. Must be cpu bound.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Record yourself driving a 4 wheeler. Not saying I don't believe you, and I know AMD just put out a new driver (cus I downloaded it when I saw the patchnotes for DA:I), but the game is a stuttering mess atm with vehicles on a 780ti. Maybe they can cull the game when you get on one or something in a future patch. I just watched it on a 780ti, 4770k at I think 4.2 (he lost the silicon lottery and it is on water)? at a buddies house. Outside of vehicles it is ok. When you get a dip though microstutter is REALLY bad. Like the second it dips under 60 WHAMMO. I was over there for awhile. I tried the sparse Vsync (limits it to 30 FPS) and somehow that caused 20 FPS drops from 30, triple buffer, everything. Vsync actually made it way worse. Also tried lowering his monitor to 59hz instead of 60 for the hell of it. Nothing helped.

Even people with 970's are saying they dip into the 40's/50's on Neogaf when they get in a vehicle. 

I know Nvidia has a new driver coming out tomorrow, and I know AC Unity was very slanted towards Maxwell. Wonder if this is the same deal. Would be freakin hilarious if AMD optimized their closed library though.

I will say that the game DOES look good. The cheap AA actually looked better to me than MSAA. Sharpened the trees too much. TXAA? I hate. Too blurry. The assets that are there didn't really need heavy aliasing, the textures are much better than I expected. God Rays look good. The setting below that looked like CRAP (volumetric fog or whatever). Soft Shadows? I couldn't tell the difference to be honest. HBAO +? Meh. The god rays were what impressed me. Also I tried without AA and got the same dips/major stutters on vehicles, so it looks like it was cpu bound.

Did you have the geometry set lower? Or world or any of those settings? Maybe that is what is killing the CPU. Maybe post a screenshot of the settings? Like I said when you are on vehicles is when the game seems to take a nose dive.

I know the tree thing was just added (came up as a new setting when we patched it), so that is probably tessellation to give Nvidia cards an edge. I imagine you don't have that on. 

IF they can fix the microstuttering/vehicle mess I might consider buying it. Having an AMD GPU though, I am gonna want to see major proof before I buy the game though.

Ok so after playing for a while I agree, it stutters in vehicles, but its not that bad for me, i have everything set to ultra, motion blur off, aa off, hbao+, god rays set to volumetric fog(i dont get this setting? in AC4 god rays and volumetric fog were 2 settings? wtf does this even mean?), and the furr is set to off since it looks stupid on, i have the tree setting but thats off aswell since i didnt see it do anything

Ill try to record it hopefully recording dosent tank the fps, but my main complaint is that when i get to the first village my fps tanks down to 50-45 and makes the whole game seem to jumpy

well recording sucks my program just crashes FC4

edit: cant stream it to twitch with obs since that just crashes it.....how do i record, the only thing left if fraps and that just tanks the fps by 50%

Ahem... considering this user with a i7-3770K and a 670 4GB has to play on low for playable framerates AND his trees and stuff are bugging out, I think the OP is the exception rather than the rule. We'll find out in a couple days whether it's widespread or not that it runs well. I'm willing to bet that it's not.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Works great for me.. (SIG + 270x instead of 290)

Flawless even...

1080p SMAA - Ultra /w Ambient OCC set to SSAO  = 35+FPS at all times. (Usually higher as an average)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ahem... considering this user with a i7-3770K and a 670 4GB has to play on low for playable framerates AND his trees and stuff are bugging out, I think the OP is the exception rather than the rule. We'll find out in a couple days whether it's widespread or not that it runs well. I'm willing to bet that it's not.

ya i might be lucky, i didnt get any unity bugs aether, just crap fps

did you get the day 1 patch?

anyone know how to record gameplay without taking a huge fps hit? i was able to stream to twitch but it dropped my fps down to 30-35 :(

Flawless even...

1080p SMAA - Ultra /w Ambient OCC set to SSAO  = 35+FPS at all times. (Usually higher as an average)

god i couldent play far cry at such low fps, way to jarring

ya i might be lucky, i didnt get any unity bugs aether, just crap fps

did you get the day 1 patch?

anyone know how to record gameplay without taking a huge fps hit? i was able to stream to twitch but it dropped my fps down to 30-35 :(

My bad, I wasn't talking about myself. It was a streamer who has a capture card that I was watching.

I don't get Ubisoft games on release... ever. Since AC2 and their single player DRM crap when they patched it out by pushing a skidrow crack in their official "removed DRM" update, I have avoided most Ubisoft titles like a plague, only getting them (if at all) on like a $5-7.50 sale.

Also as you can see in my sig I don't have a desktop and thus no 670 xD.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Flawless even...

1080p SMAA - Ultra /w Ambient OCC set to SSAO = 35+FPS at all times. (Usually higher as an average)

Same here. Same setting and slightly higher fps. If i mixed the settings i can get good 60fps.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10380734_826540017366965_614700064922678

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black