GTX 970 with reference cooler now available!

Syntaxvgm

Nothing new. Manli has been making reference cooled 970s for a while now.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Sure it looks cool, but I'll take performance and quiet over looks any day, especially when you could only see such a small part of it...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Nothing new. Manli has been making reference cooled 970s for a while now.

Right. No where to get them though. Seriously, I tried for weeks. Emailed a ton of people. Manli themselves never got back to me.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Eh I guess it's nice if that what you want personally I like the better performing coolers hell I even prefer the look of the MSI Twin Frozr but hey each to their own I guess.

Sure it looks cool, but I'll take performance and quiet over looks any day, especially when you could only see such a small part of it...

These make good for ITX and SLI configurations due to exhausting the heat outside of the case.

Well FML. I've just bought a Galax 970 and now this came out. FFFUUUUUU

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Well FML. I've just bought a Galax 970 and now this came out. FFFUUUUUU

crying-waterfalls.gif

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Blasphemy

Look

KVWk5jy.jpg

Your argument is invalid. 

Looks great in modern and simple case styles. 

There was no argument I simply said I personally prefer the look and the better performance of the MSI Twin Frozr(PERSONALLY)

Considering I have a MSI gaming series motherboard and a black NZXT Phantom case black/red Vengeance pro ram all black PSU and cables there's no doubting this thing would look out of place and stand out like dogs balls and be the only raw metal looking thing in the case and I personally don't much like that idea so there's no way in hell I'd sacrifice performance not to mention I like my PC being quiet I didn't fill it with dead silence fans and sound absorbing foam to throw a leaf blower in there haha. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

There was no argument I simply said I personally prefer the look and performance of the MSI Twin Frozr(PERSONALLY)

Considering I have a MSI gaming series motherboard and a black NZXT Phantom case there's no doubting this thing would look out of place and stand out like dogs balls and be the only raw metal looking thing in the case and I personally don't much like that idea.

GET OUT

Lol I know, it's a preference thing. I love simple and modern, not fancy and space shippy. And for those like me it's hard to find parts that match that. 

muh specs 

All parts black

GET OUT

Lol I know, it's a preference thing. I love simple and modern, not fancy and space shippy. And for those like me it's hard to find parts that match that. 

I actually think this looks more space shippy lol well it sure would in my machine (the Phantom 530 isn't that spaceship like compared to other cases with similar features in the price bracket that's why I got it as it doesn't look that bad when compared to the Samsung LED LCD tv's and other all glossy black appliances I have in the house well not when I turn the lighting off at least)

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

While the shroud is the most beautiful out of the reference designs, it is not my cup of tea. If somebody manages to take the IO from Gigabyte, and the shroud from ELSA, and put them into a 970... I would be one very happy gamer!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

While the shroud is the most beautiful out of the reference designs, it is not my cup of tea. If somebody manages to take the IO from Gigabyte, and the shroud from ELSA, and put them into a 970... I would be one very happy gamer!

Not a bad shroud I must say

96a.jpg

muh specs 

All parts black

Awesome. This means that the water blocks for the 980 will fit on this card as well. Personally, most of the after market cards are too blingy IMHO. This looks classy and once you mod it a bit, it'll look great in my planned build.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Not a bad shroud I must say

-snip-

It is a clean, industrial design, and ELSA wins in this criteria for the 900s, where EVGA had won for the 700s. I want to take that sexy shroud, and implant it in the 970WF PCB. The main issue here would be whether the parts are compatible, as they both look like they are reference-based.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

$460 USD for reference!?!?!? Most all versions of the card cost less than $400

well like 417 without shipping. Yea, it's expensive. 

muh specs 

All parts black

While I like the look of the reference cooler, only reason I went with it on the 980 was because I plan on adding a second sometime next year  

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I want

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

well like 417 without shipping. Yea, it's expensive.

Asus 970 Strixx is $360

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I see you are using that new avatar 

;)

I see that you created the whole thing about Xmas hats on the avatars :lol:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I see that you created the whole thing about Xmas hats on the avatars :lol:

xD

muh specs 

All parts black

• 3 weeks later...

zfBEEdc.jpg

YIulxty.jpg

For whatever reason with the 900 series launch Nvidia decided not to launch the GTX 970 with a reference model, only non reference versions have been made available. Unfortunately there have been numerous reports of the GTX 970 having coil whine issues due to AIB's using cheaper inductors in order to bring costs down. If you were looking to purchase a 970 sometime soon then I personally highly recommend the reference 970 as reference Nvidia GPU's are known to have much rarer chances in getting any noise issues. My guess this is why we are getting the reference 970 all of a sudden. Not to mention you get to have the gorgeus looking cooler and the benefits of being able to install this card in mini itx systems without having to worry about heat inside your case.  Currently the reference GTX 970 is for sale on Newegg & Bestbuy in the USA for as low as 350$ USD, just a tad higher than the cheapest 970 currently available which is 330$. And for those of you guys in Europe Overclockers UK has it as well for 319.99 GBP inc VAT. Also note that this is a DIRECT from Nvidia gpu it is not being sold through any AIB partners.

Edit: For anyone wondering as to why the reference cooler version is more expensive. The reference design used a lot more high quality materials and real metal which is much more costly to manufacture than non reference designs which use cheap plastic shrouds / heatsinks and no LED logos like the reference cooler does.

USA - 

350$ Newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814132038

379.99$ Best Buy - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-silver-black/9855169.p?

id=1219441201895&skuId=9855169

United Kingdom / Europe -

319.99 GBP inc VAT - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-205-OK

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Hmm, I wonder if the release of the reference versions will bring some better quality non-reference versions without the coil whine problem that people have been talking about.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Piss off, Nvidia. Not importing this and paying 25% import and shipping from the UK. This shit should have been available worldwide from the start. I repeat: piss off, Nvidia. And overclockers.co.uk too.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Piss off, Nvidia. Not importing this and paying 25% import and shipping from the UK. This shit should have been available worldwide from the start. I repeat: piss off, Nvidia. And overclockers.co.uk too.

You have to pay 25% tax for anything from the UK?? Thats terrible

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System