GTX 970 with reference cooler now available!

Syntaxvgm

Piss off, Nvidia. Not importing this and paying 25% import and shipping from the UK. This shit should have been available worldwide from the start. I repeat: piss off, Nvidia. And overclockers.co.uk too.

Are you sure it is Nvidia selling them? I heard it was another company that was redistributing them

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Piss off, Nvidia. Not importing this and paying 25% import and shipping from the UK. This shit should have been available worldwide from the start. I repeat: piss off, Nvidia. And overclockers.co.uk too.

Guessing you're from norway... Got any friends living on the Swedish side of the border? If you do you could have it delivered to them, and pick it up that way. And you'll get away from the import tax :D

That is way too expensive for reference. It should be $320 tops.

They have to make some kind of profit margin on the card, that reference cooler is definitely much more expensive to manufacture than some crappy plastic shroud/ heatsink. Would you rather pay 330$ for a non ref 970 which a high chance of coil whine or a reference with little to no chance for only 20$ more.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

wait what!? I though it was free within Europe, I never taxed 25% from UK, only US and Japan so far.

Edit: For anyone wondering as to why the reference cooler version is more expensive. The reference design used a lot more high quality materials and real metal which is much more costly to manufacture than non reference designs which use cheap plastic shrouds / heatsinks and no LED logos like the reference cooler does.

?

What about Gigabyte G1?

£280, binned GPU, back plate, LED, metal shroud, many IO port, whatever you want and I heard saw no problems with those cards

OCUK does not sell Nvidia made reference card. if you would read the description you would read that

This very special NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 is the only one of its kind designed by our in-house VGA Guru Gibbo making this the worlds ONLY genuine reference 970 available in the world. Gibbo's design request were very specific, genuine NVIDIA 970 cooler, yes the crazy expensive one just like the 980 cooler and a NVIDIA BGA Board using all original NVIDIA components with absolute zero cost down in the design. 

Infact Gibbo improved the design by changing the containers in which the inductors are located for better quality items to help reduce and eliminate any possibility of coil whine. We also instruct our factory to only build these cards with Samsung memory. So why buy this over any other 970, well it is most likely the quietest whilst under load (gaming) due to having the NVIDIA cooler and any chances of coil whine have being pretty much eliminated with the design changes Gibbo has had implemented.

So it is a non reference reference design.

?

What about Gigabyte G1?

£280, binned GPU, back plate, LED, metal shroud, many IO port, whatever you want and I heard saw no problems with those cards

OCUK does not sell Nvidia made reference card. if you would read the description you would read that

So it is a non reference reference design.

I'm not familiar with pricing in the UK but the G1 is more expensive over here in the US. Hmm so it seems the US 970 is a regular reference gpu, and the ocUK one is a specialized version.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

They it was released a few months back, i remember a dangerously similar article in the summer.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

They it was released a few months back, i remember a dangerously similar article in the summer.

I think that was a rumor, there were no available reference 970's up until within the last week or so.

I don't care about price. FINALLY IVE BEEN WANTING IS FOR FUCKING EVER. I'm a sucker for aesthetics and man is that cooler sexy.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

wait what!? I though it was free within Europe, I never taxed 25% from UK, only US and Japan so far.

Within the EU - Norway, Switzerland and Iceland are not however members of the EU.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Awesome. If it had the same PCB as the 980, than this is water cooling ready too.

Edit: Dammit, just a placeholder. For me it's not worth the extra $30 at best buy for the shroud, even though its soooo sexy. I'll probably just get the gray zotac one or the itx version. More in line with my budget

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Yea, Nvidias fault that they need to comply with the fact that Norway isn't part of the EU. Totally, they should've seen this coming and given a shit about it. 

Are you upset? You seem upset. Its just a GPU. 

Hmm, I wonder if the release of the reference versions will bring some better quality non-reference versions without the coil whine problem that people have been talking about.

You know the coil whine is becuase you get so much fps very high, you can get rid of coil whine by locking the fps.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That is way too expensive for reference. It should be $320 tops.

Eh, some people find it worth it and need a blower style cooler. Plus this looks great with a black shroud and white letters imo.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Edit: For anyone wondering as to why the reference cooler version is more expensive. The reference design used a lot more high quality materials and real metal which is much more costly to manufacture than non reference designs which use cheap plastic shrouds / heatsinks and no LED logos like the reference cooler does.

1) There are no non-metal heatsinks

2) There's no point in the shroud being metal

1) There are no non-metal heatsinks

2) There's no point in the shroud being metal

1. Thats not what he was referring to, don't be pedantic. 

2. Theres no point in having GPUs like this anyway, doesn't stop people from buying them. Some people like the fact that the stock shroud is all metal and looks nice. I know I do, and while for OC purposes a 3rd party cooler would be better, for stock purposes I'd be pretty happy with the reference shroud. 

Some people like the fact that the stock shroud is all metal and looks nice.

Well we're on a tech forum, so I obviously meant there are no technological benefits from the shroud being metal.

319.99 GBP inc VAT

VAT is insane how does Europe live while paying the worthless NON-ROYAL family

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I think that was a rumor, there were no available reference 970's up until within the last week or so.

no, it wasn't a rumor. I made a thread about it. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250322-gtx-970-with-reference-cooler-now-available/

It's been available for a long time from OCUK, but no one cared

PLUS THE NEWEGG LINK IS NOT REAL OP, WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS. THE OCUK ONE IS THE REAL ONE. THIS IS A REPOST

The best buy one was posted about already as well.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Eh, some people find it worth it and need a blower style cooler. Plus this looks great with a black shroud and white letters imo.

when Corsair releases their brackets

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

no, it wasn't a rumor. I made a thread about it. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250322-gtx-970-with-reference-cooler-now-available/

It's been available for a long time from OCUK, but no one cared

PLUS THE NEWEGG LINK IS NOT REAL OP, WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS. THE OCUK ONE IS THE REAL ONE. THIS IS A REPOST

OCUK's isn't reference bro they make it themselves based on the 980s cooler they even say it somewhere on their website and it was already mentioned in this thread...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

OCUK's isn't reference bro they make it themselves based on the 980s cooler they even say it somewhere on their website and it was already mentioned in this thread...

the OC UK is the one in the OP's links. The newegg one isn't real, it's a placeholder. Try adding it to your cart. The best buy one has been posted about as well. 

This is a repost/fake on the newegg part

The newegg one was posted like 50 times here, and for the 50th time, it's fake. Until the best buy one, which was announced, the OCUK one was the only real one. 

The fact they made it themselves doesn't make it less real. It's a 970 with a reference cooler. The cooler on the 980 with a 970 on it instead. woah, big engineering feat. 

Most people buy the reference card for looks. The oc uk cone definitely counts. 

The ONLY official ones that are available are through best buy which has been avaible for 2+ weeks, though some deal exclusivity deal idk why. And even those are technically different than the 980 cooler if I remember, the heatsink is different or something. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1525046/best-buy-sells-the-reference-970

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

the OC UK is the one in the OP's links. The newegg one isn't real, it's a placeholder. Try adding it to your cart. The best buy one has been posted about as well. 

This is a repost/fake on the newegg part

The newegg one was posted like 50 times here, and for the 50th time, it's fake. Until the best buy one, which was announced, the OCUK one was the only real one. 

The fact they made it themselves doesn't make it less real. It's a 970 with a reference cooler. The cooler on the 980 with a 970 on it instead. woah, big engineering feat. 

Most people buy the reference card for looks. The oc uk cone definitely counts. 

The ONLY official ones that are available are through best buy which has been avaible for 2+ weeks, though some deal exclusivity deal idk why. And even those are technically different than the 980 cooler if I remember, the heatsink is different or something. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1525046/best-buy-sells-the-reference-970

Ok sorry about this will update the OP.