My turn to ask for advice...

Hey there...

So recently, some things went down, including the reliability of my internet connection (the internet is my last sancutary)...

I've pinned the problem on the 10 year old adsl modem that our ISP gave us and already put up a request for replacement (second one)...

Since the net is intermittent, everything that I'm doing online gets interrupted... This includes some schoolwork...

I'm tempted to break the modem in front of the technician if he refuses to replace it...

So, how do I let out this pent-up stress... without destroying anything in the process?

PS. games are not cutting it anymore...

Grab a crowbar, Grab cardboard boxes, go nuts

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Stress ball? Get a journal and vent. Find a friend you trust and vent. Go shooting, go beat something worthless up (boxes, stuffed animals, whatever.)

Hey there...

So recently, some things went down, including the reliability of my internet connection (the internet is my last sancutary)...

I've pinned the problem on the 10 year old adsl modem that our ISP gave us and already put up a request for replacement (second one)...

Since the net is intermittent, everything that I'm doing online gets interrupted... This includes some schoolwork...

I'm tempted to break the modem in front of the technician if he refuses to replace it...

So, how do I let out this pent-up stress... without destroying anything in the process?

Can you guys not just bring it to their store/sale location and just be like it failed I need a replacement unit, we have that with my ISP where if you bring it in they'll just replace it for you or bring you up to date with the latest unit usually no questions asked.

Grab a crowbar, Grab cardboard boxes, go nuts

No crowbar... I do have a ceremonial saber and something resembling a spear... No space to go nuts...

Stress ball? Get a journal and vent. Find a friend you trust and vent. Go shooting, go beat something worthless up (boxes, stuffed animals, whatever.)

Will start on the journal...

Friends are out of contact right now...

I do have an airsoft gun, but there might be trouble with the law...

Nothing worthless enough to beat up...

Can you guys not just bring it to their store/sale location and just be like it failed I need a replacement unit, we have that with my ISP where if you bring it in they'll just replace it for you or bring you up to date with the latest unit usually no questions asked.

Nope... Doesn't work that way here...

Why don't you destroy the modem beforehand so he will have no choice but to replace it? Open it up and destroy some components.

Breach of contract... Costs money...

Go party or on a trip if that doesnt work go for story books , talk with your friends or use internet cafe or buy dongle and use it or use your phones internet

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

@DigitalHermit: By journal, I mean something that just doesn't dissapear. Could be a document in Word or Google Drive for all it is, just something where you can vent your frustrations and rage.

How about calm down, its only the internet........ said no one ever

On a serious note though if you destroy there hardware in front of the tech they could charge you and refuse to replace it. Dont forget that you rent it from the ISP you dont own that router.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Update: Reached 15 minutes of stable connection... Slightly calmed down... Still working on journal...

Completed 1 round of PvP in a game that I'm playing...

Breach of contract... Costs money...

hmm... Vent your anger by writing in a journal or typing in notepad and also you can grab a pillow and bash the fucking shit out of it.

I'm not sure about prices in your region but you cloud purchase one and not have to rent one at all and be free from their crap-tastic hardware, here they aren't terribly expensive

Might go out for a late-night drive later... Just to vent... I feel most relaxed when driving in an open road...

Thanks for the replies...

Crowbar? Man use a knife.

On cardboard boxes? Hardly efficient and practical

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

@DigitalHermit: By journal, I mean something that just doesn't dissapear. Could be a document in Word or Google Drive for all it is, just something where you can vent your frustrations and rage.

I used to do that when I got depressed and my mind was just full of interconnecting thoughts. I vented into notepad and saved them. Haven't done it in a while though. I need to go read what I've written. It's interesting to see where my mind was at certain points.

Might go out for a late-night drive later... Just to vent... I feel most relaxed when driving in an open road...

Thanks for the replies...

Yep. Hope you feel better soon bud.

Hey there...

Go break some of their windows.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

When the technician comes,act like a happy person.Just try to do it.Tbh,break that modem.

UPDATE: Modem bugged down again... but this time... I HAVE EVIDENCE!!

Go to a gun range and see if you can hire a gun.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Go to a gun range and see if you can hire a gun.

I know a place... Might go there for my birthday if I get enough money together...