AC Unity runs poorly on PC...and on consoles too

Rock1m1

The game doesn't even run at 30fps:

And here is a hair glitch that drops it to 2fps:

RTX2070OC 

http://youtu.be/SQng7EkJHOI?t=31s

That's what the PC version was supposed to look like...

Here's some pics i took in 2804x1577 Highest settings

u3A7tss.jpg

kRb1Gzr.jpg

Also this....I'm not even fucking kidding, the game actually looks like that in many parts:

UMk2QNH.png

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

http://youtu.be/SQng7EkJHOI?t=31s

That's what the PC version was supposed to look like...

Here's some pics i took in 2804x1577 Highest settings

Also this....I'm not even fucking kidding, the game actually looks like that in many parts:

There is a Tessellation update coming at a later point maybe the game will look better then.

http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/assassins-creed-unity/assassins-creed-unity-nvidia-advanced-tessellation-comparison-1.html

RTX2070OC 

Ok so we can count this one out. Good thing because it means I get to (possibly) choose just between Farcry 4 and The Crew for my free game when I get a GPU (not this week sadly thanks to motherfucking newegg for voiding my order and sending me into a 3-5 business days timeout!) 

What do you guys think, which one I could stomach the most? Or should I just sell whichever one I get?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ok so we can count this one out. Good thing because it means I get to (possibly) choose just between Farcry 4 and The Crew for my free game when I get a GPU (not this week sadly thanks to motherfucking newegg for voiding my order and sending me into a 3-5 business days timeout!) 

What do you guys think, which one I could stomach the most? Or should I just sell whichever one I get?

Are you a masochist or a sadist?

If it's the former then I would recommend FarCry 4 (because The Crew just seems boring to me).

If it's the latter then sell it to your friend or something.

Tesselation on some roofs and walls is going to fix the game?

I already know it's coming, it should be in the game on fucking release ,they don't even give a damn ETA! For all we fucking know it could come in a month...

Can you tell me how the tesselation will fix the horrible draw distance and LOD transitions? Will it also fix the horrible performance and bad SLI scaling?

NPCs materialize 10 meters in front of you, their models switch and pop in 5 meters in front of you, then you also see the cloth physics pop in when they get close.

The LOD on the buildings and other structures is just horrible. There are tons of blurry textures yet the game wants a fuck ton of VRAM. And why? Because the new consoles have unified memory, they just dump all the GPU stuff in there because it's easy, and they don't bother optimizing it for PC. Nothing justifies the VRAM the game wants, it's simply like that because the devs dont give a damn.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

psychounity3.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Are you a masochist or a sadist?

If it's the former then I would recommend FarCry 4 (because The Crew just seems boring to me).

If it's the latter then sell it to your friend or something.

Not sure if I can even find someone to buy one of this turds. You know this might not seem like much but due to poor local availability and stupid US sale policies I might just go for a 290 instead: At least I might get games I might actually want to play and a capable card as well, one that people are fucking willing to sell to Mexicans Nvidia.

-------

Current Rig

-------

if no one talks about ubisoft, they'll go away... or their manure-caked attitude will.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Tesselation on some roofs and walls is going to fix the game?

I already know it's coming, it should be in the game on fucking release ,they don't even give a damn ETA! For all we fucking know it could come in a month...

Can you tell me how the tesselation will fix the horrible draw distance and LOD transitions? Will it also fix the horrible performance and bad SLI scaling?

NPCs materialize 10 meters in front of you, their models switch and pop in 5 meters in front of you, then you also see the cloth physics pop in when they get close.

The LOD on the buildings and other structures is just horrible. There are tons of blurry textures yet the game wants a fuck ton of VRAM. And why? Because the new consoles have unified memory, they just dump all the GPU stuff in there because it's easy, and they don't bother optimizing it for PC. Nothing justifies the VRAM the game wants, it's simply like that because the devs dont give a damn.

It's not only on roofs but also on objects and it's getting its own LOD according to Nvidia which will maybe fix the mess Ubisoft made on the object LOD.

It won't fix the NPC LOD though and for sure not the insane Vram usage.

We should also at least wait till the game is out everywhere and they release patch 1.2 till we make a final judgement on performance.

The patch notes for 1.2 look at least somewhat promising:

-Fixed crash when accepting invitation in specific cases

-Added NVIDIA technologies descriptions in advanced graphics page

-Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations

-Fixed various Graphic issues

-Fixed various Input issues

-Fixed various Multi-GPU issues

-Fixed various UI issues

-Fixed various Uplay Invitations issues

I cancelled my pre order I'm just hoping that they fix the issues so that I can buy it at a later point.

RTX2070OC 

I'm sorry but at this point if you're still pre-ordering games you're gambling with a good possibility of getting a crappy product.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm sorry but at this point if you're still pre-ordering games you're gambling with a good possibility of getting a crappy product.

Pre-order, in my case, died with Watch_Dogs and Early Access died with DayZ.

Pre-order, in my case, died with Watch_Dogs and Aarly Access died with DayZ.

Pre order should have died long ago for you.

Early access is pretty stupid too ;)

the-mountain-man.png

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Pre-order, in my case, died with Watch_Dogs and Early Access died with DayZ.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

I've never had this problem but I've heard of enough horror stories to avoid it completely.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I never pre ordered and only bought 1 game in early access. I don't like the concept at all.

But I had to for Speedrunners... 3$. I'm 20 hours in and it's fun even unfinished. Check it out if you don't know what it is. It's like a freerunning race mixed with Mario Kart's powerups. It's fun  :) 

Anyone else waiting for what TotalBiscuit's "First Impression /WTF Is?" video on this game?

I would've liked to see it, but at the end of today's video he made it sound like he probably won't be doing a proper WTF is… for AC: Unity on account of unsavory review embargo practices by Ubisoft.

My system is in my sig but the general overview is 8350, 16Gb of ram, Crossfire 290xs, and a raid 0 ssd. at MEDIUM settings with NO AA I'm getting in the 50s and I've only seen it spike to 60 once. Now this is a 1440p, so you're mileage may slightly vary, but I think we can all agree I have a top of the line PC that can't do 60 FPS in this game on MEDIUM. 

maybe that 8350 is holding your GPUs by a bit

My system is in my sig but the general overview is 8350, 16Gb of ram, Crossfire 290xs, and a raid 0 ssd. at MEDIUM settings with NO AA I'm getting in the 50s and I've only seen it spike to 60 once. Now this is a 1440p, so you're mileage may slightly vary, but I think we can all agree I have a top of the line PC that can't do 60 FPS in this game on MEDIUM. 

maybe that 8350 is holding your GPUs by a bit

What a surprise it doesn't work well with AMD GPU's. Didn't Nvidia talk about this with Watch Dogs before? Oh Surprise, it's another Ubisoft Game.

From The Assasins Creed: Unity Wiki:

The PC version of the game uses Nvidia's GameWorks technology such as TXAA anti-aliasing, advanced DX11 tessellation and Nvidia PhysX technology, due to a partnership between Ubisoft and Nvidia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Unity

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Just to be clear, I didn't buy AC Unity.

Well, I didn't pre-ordered or early accessed too much before. And I didn't have any problem before Watch_Dogs and DayZ. I actually Early Accessed maybe two games after DayZ, but I didn't do it blindly, since DayZ got me a little annoyed, but it has grown inside me after every stupid update DayZ got, like new pants and new helmets, while important stuff was broken and not having the attention it should have. And Watch_Dogs, well, I think I don't have to explain it here, on this thread, we all know why.

Fool me twice, shame on me.
I've never had this problem but I've heard of enough horror stories to avoid it completely.

I was actually fooled once, by Ubisoft. DayZ I kinda new that it was an Alpha version of the game, the problem are the updates, they're pretty stupid, to be honest. Priority is really messed up on this one. I trusted Bohemia Interactive before and they delivered, but DayZ is a different team, nothing to do with ArmA series, I bought Arma 3 when it was in Alpha state, so Early Access. I loved the game then, still lov'n it. Watch_Dogs, in other hand, I literally throw my money in a trashcan, never played much, tried it like three times and gave up. i'll be honest, they have updated it, optimized it, and it runs pretty on my machine, way more stable the before, but what ruined it for me was Ubisoft's attitude toward the initial fiasco, and modders making the game better and all that... Here I was fooled, good! But yeah, I learned my lesson.

Bonus Round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkzIGSyjLQ

Meanwhile, on Reddit: AC:Unity's real purpose was to unite all console and PC gamers in a common disdain for UBISOFT.