Trends that need to end

Mooshi

People looking at metacritic to decide whether or not a game is good.

Kill it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm all for individuality. But it doesn't make much sense to ruin the function of a car for "beauty" (throws up). --snip--

I have ranted soo much about this.. Nice to see another sane person

Chavs who run around putting huge exhausts on there Mums 1.2 VW golf. Seriously who do they think they are fooling? It just looks (and sounds) ridiculous.  

^ THIS!

And TURBO on anything that does not even come close to forced induction... It pisses me off to no end.. And makes my eye twitch

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Everything I would say has already been said, lol.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

another thing that needs to stop is

''i need an upgrade!

-posts PCPP url-

thanks in advanced!! :D''

then ''YOU DONT NEED MORE THAN 8 GIGS OF RAM NO ONE NEEDS 12 16 18 24 32 OR WHATEVER ALSO THAT CASE IS UGLY AND YOUR CPU IS WAY OVERKILL''

its like...

not everyone is only gaming... some of us are gaming live streaming rendering and recording all at once. 

and its my computer. my case. and my opinion.

Yeah when I built my system earlier this year, I knew what I wanted and didn't even asked, I still got bashed for building a system with 32 gigs of ram when I posted what I built, I have however managed to have more then 20 gigs of ram in use at one time. I seem to exceed 8 gigs of use every day. I use my system for everything from video rendering, to running virtual machines, for gaming and I even watch tv on it.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

tech trend that needs to end: short laptop batteries... like cmon :S such a turnoff when buying a nice product.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Stop with flame wars obviously needs to go

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Calling the internet the cloud.... I hate that buzzword. For me it makes network engineers/technicians feel like their not important because all you have to do is just plug into the cloud and it magically works somehow. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes (that people dont know about) for all the people that the current infrastructure supports.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Products getting thinner every year instead of actually improving anything else other than OMG ITS THIN, I'm pointing at you Apple. 

Phone manufacturers should be concentrating more on Battery Life as performance is amazing these days.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Products getting thinner every year instead of actually improving anything else other than OMG ITS THIN, I'm pointing at you Apple. 

Phone manufacturers should be concentrating more on Battery Life as performance is amazing these days.

Technically wouldnt that mean they are improving because they are packing the same amount of power in a smaller device?

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Technically wouldnt that mean they are improving because they are packing the same amount of power in a smaller device?

I'd rather they pack in a bigger battery. Why on earth would someone want a phone that thin? I was amazed by the iPhone 5 when I had that. Then chucked a case on it because it was too thin.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

people buying iPhone's!

MAKE IT STOP!

iPhones are fantastic bits of kit. Before the iPhone came out an Android device would have looked like this:

Google-scrapped-this-first-Android-refer

another thing that needs to end, this sint just tech, but im really emphasizing on tech here...

dipshits talking about things they dont know anything about.

whats worse is when they're stubborn about it.

spent all last night talking to someone saying ''apple makes intel CPUs and apple parts wont run with any other parts''

i had to explain to him that apple is just the builder. and designer. 

even apple CPU's are designed, manufactured, and put in thier products by someone else. 

*sigh* also keyboards without palm  wrests, and brushed aluminium.

alot of plastics when brushed look either the same or better than brush aluminium, and dont stain, and 90% of the time are cheaper.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Windows Phone that bad no one defends it? haha

Personally I love my windows phone, but it's not really in the war. It's all about apple drones and the android army

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

iPhones are fantastic bits of kit. Before the iPhone came out an Android device would have looked like this:

Google-scrapped-this-first-Android-refer

i still kinda wish that kinda phone existed....

physicial keypads. <3

although im so used to swipe and stock apple keyboard that i cant go back. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

dipshits talking about things they dont know anything about.

whats worse is when they're stubborn about it.

Yep I get that all of the time as a Mac user, People saying how much better Windows is then when I explain how I find that OS X is better than Windows but I will always say that Windows is better at some things and that Mac OS X Is better at others, I just prefer Mac OS X over Windows as my primary OS.

i still kinda wish that kinda phone existed....

physicial keypads. <3

although im so used to swipe and stock apple keyboard that i cant go back. xD

I have to admit back in 2008 perhaps if there was a good phone with a keyboard I may have purchased it instead of my iPhone but blackberries were just useless so went iPhone, still have my 1st gen iPhone :P Still powers on but no longer accepts sim cards :(

Yeah when I built my system earlier this year, I knew what I wanted and didn't even asked, I still got bashed for building a system with 32 gigs of ram when I posted what I built, I have however managed to have more then 20 gigs of ram in use at one time. I seem to exceed 8 gigs of use every day. I use my system for everything from video rendering, to running virtual machines, for gaming and I even watch tv on it.

i am on a laptop with 6 gigs currently.

i cant do shit.

my friend has a xeon, 128 gigs ram. few firepro's, blah blah, mega workstation not my field of knowledge. 

the second i got my hands on it and had an hour to use it went from 2 gigs used to 38+

i do alot. xD

-Jim Hensen

Yep I get that all of the time as a Mac user, People saying how much better Windows is then when I explain how I find that OS X is better than Windows but I will always say that Windows is better at some things and that Mac OS X Is better at others, I just prefer Mac OS X over Windows as my primary OS.

I have to admit back in 2008 perhaps if there was a good phone with a keyboard I may have purchased it instead of my iPhone but blackberries were just useless so went iPhone, still have my 1st gen iPhone :P Still powers on but no longer accepts sim cards :(

YESSSS

i want a windows mod that imports the OSX UI into windows seamlessly, but it says ''about this pc'' instead of 'mac' and in that little menu theres a switch to windows button, that sits you back on your windows desktop, and any files you had out on OSX desktop are there in windows format.

someone please make this.

it would be in such a wonderful market.

i love the OSX ui 10x more than any windows ever, but i demand that windows support.

-Jim Hensen

my girlfriend has an original iphone. xD 

still fast AF but then again, all she does is facebook music and texts. so yeah. (and she's also extrememly light user, like.... >1hour total a day not including music while in her pocket)

she's had it scince launch day.

-Jim Hensen

my girlfriend has an original iphone. xD 

still fast AF but then again, all she does is facebook music and texts. so yeah. (and she's also extrememly light user, like.... >1hour total a day not including music while in her pocket)

she's had it scince launch day.

Us in the UK Couldn't get it on launch infact I got my iPhone 1st Gen and a few months later the iPhone 3G Was out, god was I annoyed so my dad got the iPhone 3G and he got my 1st Gen iPhone. I've had far way too many phones since then xD 

iPhone 1st Gen > iPhone 3G > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > iPhone 5 > HTC One M7 > OnePlus One  

Yea ... I know bad eh? Did get the iPhone 3G, 4 and 5 on release day.

i am on a laptop with 6 gigs currently.

i cant do shit.

my friend has a xeon, 128 gigs ram. few firepro's, blah blah, mega workstation not my field of knowledge. 

the second i got my hands on it and had an hour to use it went from 2 gigs used to 38+

i do alot. xD

I blow through 8GB of RAM with ease.. And I just got off of 6 and a dualcore.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I blow through 8GB of RAM with ease.. And I just got off of 6 and a dualcore.

I've blown through the 16GBs of ram in this Mac Pro a few times however I will not be upgrading it further as RAM For this machine is stupidly expensive in the UK.

I've blown through the 16GBs of ram in this Mac Pro a few times however I will not be upgrading it further as RAM For this machine is stupidly expensive in the UK.

you have no idea.

including mail in rebates and combo deals to reduce the price as much as i could the cheapest set of 4 gigs ddr3 1600 is 100 bucks.

-Jim Hensen

you have no idea.

including mail in rebates and combo deals to reduce the price as much as i could the cheapest set of 4 gigs ddr3 1600 is 100 bucks.

Well 16GBs of DDR2 800MHz Memory in the UK is £250 so loads.

I mean look at this memory:

Apple_DDR3_DIMM_for_Mac_Pro_01.jpg

And before you say the memory doesn't need that size of heatsink ... yes they do, they get bloody boiling :lol: