Trends that need to end

Mooshi

Let's have a discussion about trends in our hobby that needs to change.

I'll get it started with gaming peripherals. I don't care how advance the tech is inside, if it resembles a chunky glossy piece of plastic with bright colors, I have no interest. This trend is prominent for gaming oriented kit and I know I'm not the only one who finds that look to be garish. Even if the materials are of higher quality, there is some aesthetic that bean counters think look good and I don't like it. Cooler Master's CM line of keyboards is probably one of the better examples of how to make gaming gear right. It's not overly flashy, nor is it boring. In fact, I'd gladly rep a CM Keyboard without wanting to hide it under low lighting.

Another gripe are glossy surfaces for things you're going to handle, the same can be said for aluminum. I used Lian Li before, I know very well the paranoia of staining. When that material used for something like the inside of a laptop, I seriously question why. Glossy is self explanatory. 

We need to stop the xbox vs playstation and mac vs windows war. It really comes down to what you prefer; don't let other people tell you what hardware/software is good. 

私はピザが大好きだよ。
CPU: i5 4670k - GPU: Twin Frozr GTX 760 - Mobo: Msi Z87 G45 - Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 - PSU: CX600M - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 - OS: Windows 8.1

we need to stop the iPhone vs Android War. who the hell cares which phone you prefer, go for the one that YOU want.

if you want to get the iPhone, get the damn iPhone.

if you want to get an android, get a damn Android!

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Let's have a discussion about trends in our hobby that needs to change.

I'll get it started with gaming peripherals. I don't care how advance the tech is inside, if it resembles a chunky glossy piece of plastic with bright colors, I have no interest. This trend is prominent for gaming oriented kit and I know I'm not the only one who finds that look to be garish. Even if the materials are of higher quality, there is some aesthetic that bean counters think look good and I don't like it. Cooler Master's CM line of keyboards is probably one of the better examples of how to make gaming gear right. It's not overly flashy, nor is it boring. In fact, I'd gladly rep a CM Keyboard without wanting to hide it under low lighting.

Another gripe are glossy surfaces for things you're going to handle, the same can be said for aluminum. I used Lian Li before, I know very well the paranoia of staining. When that material used for something like the inside of a laptop, I seriously question why. Glossy is self explanatory. 

They make those types of thinsg for a reason, they get sales so they keep making it, i dont know who but a large number of people are buying that type of gear.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

They make those types of thinsg for a reason, they get sales so they keep making it, i dont know who but a large number of people are buying that type of gear.

I'd leave that to powerful marketing. People shell out 200+usd for some cheap plastic construction because it has a lower case 'b' on the side. It's their money, but that doesn't excuse charging so much for low grade materials. Marketing is one powerful machine.

Erm

Brushed Aluminum on wrist rests / Case buttons anyone?

How about every motherboard being red+black?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Erm

Brushed Aluminum on wrist rests / Case buttons anyone?

Yeah, It would be nice to see some beautiful mobos that are not red+black. (Asus ROG armored mobos.... wish they had one that was black + blue or all black)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

we need to stop the iPhone vs Android War. who the hell cares which phone you prefer, go for the one that YOU want.

if you want to get the iPhone, get the damn iPhone.

if you want to get an android, get a damn Android!

Windows Phone that bad no one defends it? haha

fanboys or fangirls for anything really........

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Either AMD vs. Intel or AMD vs. Nvidia

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Windows Phone that bad no one defends it? haha

Yes. Yes it is. i tried using a Nokia Lumia 928 for a week and it was bad. None of the apps that i use on a daily basis don't exist on the OS, but the camera on the phone is pretty good

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

Can confirm, current mobo is red and black.

私はピザが大好きだよ。
CPU: i5 4670k - GPU: Twin Frozr GTX 760 - Mobo: Msi Z87 G45 - Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 - PSU: CX600M - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 - OS: Windows 8.1

Can confirm, current mobo is red and black.

Can confirm, mine is also red and black

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Yes. Yes it is. i tried using a Nokia Lumia 928 for a week and it was bad. None of the apps that i use on a daily basis don't exist on the OS, but the camera on the phone is pretty good

Don't know when you tried it, I'm not a phone prosumer but I get my Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Mail, Web Browsing and Music watching as well as my gaming and camera needs from my Lumia with Windows 8.1

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I also wanted to say red and black. We need more colors -_- Or better, RGB where it can be ( xfx cooler LED for example) its not that expensive! And it maxes alot of sales and happy customers.

How many cases are there on market? Alot.

How many are good? Very few under 70$. You have to really dig deep to get good case. Companies are cheaping out on proper removable dust filter. Cmon it doesnt cost that much! Even 120mm is enough for new hardware with low power dissipation ( zalman) and there are very cheap cases with dual 120mm removable dust filter @ ~ 40$ ( mx300 cougar )

Companies should listen to linus and customer. Corsair spec cases are fail. Zalman latest chassis looks is stupid because they are sticking to their old design. R1 is very cool tho.

Oh and i forgot to mention front "filter" from core cases - fractal. :(

Don't know when you tried it, I'm not a phone prosumer but I get my Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Mail, Web Browsing and Music watching as well as my gaming and camera needs from my Lumia with Windows 8.1

Yeah, that was about a year or so ago.

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

People deciding they hate a game/CPU/GPU months before it actually comes out.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Either AMD vs. Intel or AMD vs. Nvidia

This.

People deciding they hate a game/CPU/GPU months before it actually comes out.

And this.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I had a Nokia Lumia 800, my first smart phone.

In the beginning I liked it, there were a few good games on it with integration to Xbox Live, but the rest of the apps were crap.

The one that bothers me the most is Android vs iPhone. Just pick what ever OS you prefer.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

TWERKING

o-TWERKING-facebook.jpg

Great when you are single, not so great when your GF wants to bite your bollocks off with jealousy.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I beg to differ, I use the Lumia Icon, and i absolutely love it, sure, there are less apps, but everyday apps like Facebook, Pandora, twitter, and everything else is great. Plus.....Cortana rocks! The windows 8/8.1 phone isn't the fastest os, but it's smooth and nice. Plus dat camera.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd