HTC M9 Rumoured Specs

Frosty11

Why 3GB when you could do 4GB? Oh and a bigger battery still.

cuz there isn't a need for it yet, and why would they go to 4 when they still can milk 3.

Like the bigger battery and Ram, but 5.2 inches is a bit large for me. Personally 4.7 inches is just right for me. 5.0 on M8 is pushing it. I like one handed reaching. 

Also beyond 1080p on a 5.2 inch screen seems unnecessary to me. As you could have better battery life with 1080p. 

I know everybody likes bigger phones, but I still find the 5" screen on my M8 to just be a bit awkwardly large and bulky to handle. Do high-end phones REALLY need to keep growing every year?

Real camera PLEASE

THIS.

So much this..

I've been switching back and forth between my M8 and iphone 5S, and I just can't get rid of the 5S like I want to.. I don't take that many pictures with my phone, but every time I need to take a picture, the M8 is just sorely disappointing.

That being said, the released the M8 Eye with its more conventional 13 MP camera, which is probably a good sign that the M9 will have a better camera

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I know everybody likes bigger phones, but I still find the 5" screen on my M8 to just be a bit awkwardly large and bulky to handle. Do high-end phones REALLY need to keep growing every year?

THIS.

So much this..

I've been switching back and forth between my M8 and iphone 5S, and I just can't get rid of the 5S like I want to.. I don't take that many pictures with my phone, but every time I need to take a picture, the M8 is just sorely disappointing.

That being said, the released the M8 Eye with its more conventional 13 MP camera, which is probably a good sign that the M9 will have a better camera

Yeah, all I've been is disappointed my my one M8's camera. Especially on the google play edition rom it can't even focus.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Snapdragon 805? Is this for real?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Snapdragon 805? Is this for real?

Considering the 808 and 810 won't be paper launched until the first half of 2015. This is the next best thing.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Why are screens still getting bigger and bigger? I like the size of my friend's m7; You can hold it in one hand. 

4.6-4.8 is the best screen size (IMHO) - Z3 compact, iPhone 6, etc. I want to see manufacturers make small smartphones with all the specs of their larger counterparts. So far only Apple and Sony have done so. 

And please no more pixels. We don't need moar pixels in our smartphones. Battery Life>1440p/4k

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I was they would release lollipop for the m8.

They will. 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I love my M7 and can't wait to upgrade next august!

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Also beyond 1080p on a 5.2 inch screen seems unnecessary to me. As you could have better battery life with 1080p.

Why are screens still getting bigger and bigger? I like the size of my friend's m7; You can hold it in one hand. 

4.6-4.8 is the best screen size (IMHO) - Z3 compact, iPhone 6, etc. I want to see manufacturers make small smartphones with all the specs of their larger counterparts. So far only Apple and Sony have done so. 

And please no more pixels. We don't need moar pixels in our smartphones. Battery Life>1440p/4k

I can one hand with my Oneplus surprisely ( big skinny hands)

I have to agree with your pixel statement dispite the fact 1440p/4k can use as much power (not including GPU power needed) as 1080p displays due to advances in tech on the newer displays... It's more of a because we can more then anything else.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Like others have stated earlier, I think the one only thing this phone is really lacking is in the optics department. But other than that, nothing comes to mind that they really need to change on the reiteration of this phone. Possibly increasing the battery life would be a plus as well, and maybe flatten some aspects of the stock rom, to be more streamlined. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I was they would release lollipop for the m8.

They promised M8 users will receive Lollipop within 90 days of its release. Google Play Edition owners will receive the update much sooner.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I really hope that this new one e will have 4k video support one thing the m8 really lacked and I hope they keep the 5 inch screen size it is just perfect for me I can reach every part of the screen with one hand.

Please, power button on the side of the phone and no more ugly blar bar with your logo on it!

Praise Duarte!

It's like the Sony Z4, but not. Because of the 805 and that camera.

I don't care though, the 800 is still a great CPU.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I really like my M8, so this is interesting. I don't really see why they would make the resolution bigger - 1080p seems more than enough for that screen size, but then again

fc3646a02beca4bbf6c05e711f81c0eb354d2531

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

So basically what one would expect it to be. The phone game really dropped off quick, it used to be pretty interesting to see what companies would come out with, but now it's just rather stagnant.

It's small, extremely obvious steps. I bet the battery will receive a very small boost for whatever stupid penny pinching reason, a 13mp sensor, and I think it'll come with 32gb, not 64gb.

It'll still be interesting to see what they do design wise. Do they dare change it?

Like the bigger battery and Ram, but 5.2 inches is a bit large for me. Personally 4.7 inches is just right for me. 5.0 on M8 is pushing it. I like one handed reaching. 

I find 5" to be the sweet spot, especially since now you can swipe down from mid screen, at least on my Nexus.

4.7" is a little tight for media. I think the M8 might just be the size of the phone. It's quite large for a 5" display.

It's like the Sony Z4, but not. Because of the 805 and that camera.

I don't care though, the 800 is still a great CPU.

The 800 is ok, but I'm really looking forward to the 810. Even the 805 has some features I'd love.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I find 5" to be the sweet spot, especially since now you can swipe down from mid screen, at least on my Nexus.

4.7" is a little tight for media. I think the M8 might just be the size of the phone. It's quite large for a 5" display.

maybe 5" is better for media but 4.7" is better for one hand work. my nexus 4 is best screen size option for me. i hate physical buttons, because they make phone bigger in size, i have disabled soft keys and installed pie control so i use full screen of my 4.7" nexus 4.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.