New Mass Effect dev team/writers announced

deathjester
Lead Writer - Chris Schlerf - Credits. Lead wrote Halo 4. That is about it. Guess this gets you lead on the game.

Senior Development Director - Chris Wynn (Gears of War)

Producer - Fabrice Condominas (Mass Effect 3)

Lead Designer - Ian Frazier (Dawn of War: Soulstorm, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning)

Art Director - Joel MacMillan (Jade Empire, Mass Effect)

Creative Director (this would be doing Casey Hudson's job) - Mac Walters. Mass Effect 3 is his only solo lead writing job. Wrote ending by himself.

Producer - Mike Gamble (Mass Effect)

Studio Director, BioWare Montréal - Yanick Roy (Mass Effect)

No Patrick Weekes, who criticized the ending Mac Walters wrote, and wrote Rannoch in ME3 and was among the best writers in the series. Don't see the guy who wrote Tuchanka in ME3 either. Those were the only parts of the game other than DLC I thought were worth a damn. 

Mac Walters wrote the ending to ME3 by himself, locked out peer review and he got promoted. Here is footage of him showing it to EA executives before his promotion.

I would really like to know how these people get these jobs and or promoted after having a short, BAD resume at their position. Halo 4 is not even considered a good Halo as far as story and this guy got the lead writing job? How? Bioware had a deep talent pool to choose from. My hopes for this game are now completely down the toilet. They might as well just turn the series into a Halo shooter. CDPR you are our only hope for RPG's. :(

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Lead Writer - Chris Schlerf - Credits. Lead wrote Halo 4. That is about it. Guess this gets you lead on the game.
Senior Development Director - Chris Wynn (Gears of War)
Producer - Fabrice Condominas (Mass Effect 3)
Lead Designer - Ian Frazier (Dawn of War: Soulstorm, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning)
Art Director - Joel MacMillan (Jade Empire, Mass Effect)
Creative Director (this would be doing Casey Hudson's job) - Mac Walters. Mass Effect 3 is his only solo lead writing job. Wrote ending by himself.
Producer - Mike Gamble (Mass Effect)
Studio Director, BioWare Montréal - Yanick Roy (Mass Effect)

No Patrick Weekes, who criticized the ending Mac Walters wrote, and wrote Rannoch in ME3 and was among the best writers in the series. Don't see the guy who wrote Tuchanka in ME3 either. Those were the only parts of the game other than DLC I thought were worth a damn. 

Mac Walters wrote the ending to ME3 by himself, locked out peer review and he got promoted. Here is footage of him showing it to EA executives before his promotion.

I would really like to know how these people get these jobs and or promoted after having a short, BAD resume at their position. Halo 4 is not even considered a good Halo as far as story and this guy got the lead writing job? How? Bioware had a deep talent pool to choose from. My hopes for this game are now completely down the toilet. They might as well just turn the series into a Halo shooter. CDPR you are our only hope for RPG's. :(

First off, halo 4 had a great story.

second, Mass Effect's ending was Garbage...

First off, halo 4 had a great story.

second, Mass Effect's ending was Garbage...

Was good enough to get promoted I guess.  I can't comment personally on Halo stories. Neogaf pretty much universally hates the Halo 4 story. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that lore to judge. I played Halo for like 30 minutes (multiplayer between all of them) and went back to Starsiege Tribes and my jetpack and Unreal Tourney. I never thought the combat was good compared to PC games. Bout the only controller game FPS I ever liked was Golden Eye 64. So I probably know less about Halo than anyone on this forum. I know he is a space marine like Doom, and he has a pretty AI friend named Cortana and that is about it.

linus-meme-6.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Well, even if he didn't get promoted, Patrick Weekes is still likely on the writing staff? Unless there's been mention somewhere that he's been fired?

I don't know enough about the Halo franchise to have any idea if Halo 4 is any good. Still, seeing Mac Walters getting promoted is disappointing. I'd like to hope his job will mainly be managerial and leave the creative work to more competent writers, but that might not be terribly likely. :/

Patrick Weekes has been working on Dragon Age: Inquisition since the end of development on ME3.

Not sure if he will rejoin the Mass Effect writing team yet as there will inevitably be single player DLC for Inquisition and he may take part in its development.

Mainboard ASUS Maximus VII Hero | CPU i5-4690K @ 4.7GHz | RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB | Storage Kingston V300 SSD 240GB & 120GB, WD Black 1TB HDD | GPU EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0

PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 AX240 watercooling kit / additional 2 x 140mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue LED fans, 1 Cooler Master R4-L2R 120mm fan