Sims 4 - Pools are back!

rentaspoon

source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sims-4-gets-pools-today-through-free-update/1100-6423367/

Patch notes: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

Pools are out original article: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/whats-out-and-whats-in

Pools are back it in Sims 4! Excuse me if I don't jump for joy but I thought the engine wouldn't allow for pools to work. No comment on the fact that pools are now here as EA seems to be using this as a marketing ploy but don't worry it comes as a free patch!

It also allows death by drowning.

(did check for duplicate postings)

I'm surprised EA aren't charging for them. 

It's not a paid DLC? or are the ladders for the pool the DLC at 29.99USD?

Was just going to say that were was the Pools Expansion Pack with massive pool action all for the low price of $99999999999999999999999.99 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Probably because the sales of the game isn't as high as they expected.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Some pools won't change that as long as Sims 4 still has less features than Sims 3, which costs a lot less.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

for splashing u need to pay the $2.99 advanced pool physics DLC

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yes, because compared to The Sims 3, EA pretty much gutted the game in The Sims 4. Pools

always existed, there was no patch or add-on to have them. I'm so glad I didn't buy this game.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

for splashing u need to pay the $2.99 advanced pool physics DLC

That is going to be an impoolse buy for a lot of people

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

They finally enabled pools on floors above the first.. this will be great for building sick houses

I would not be surprised if they were planning to charge for it, but then they noticed the Internet was seeing through their bullshit and hated on them for it.

Charging for pools at this point would be suicide.

The pools look great. I like how they even showed that you can drown people in the video. Those houses with pools on multiple levels looks amazing as well.

And now the murder rate in The Sims goes through the roof.

What are they Ubisoft?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

but I thought the engine wouldn't allow for pools to work. 

They said pools would come but they would have to work out how to implement them as the engine was glitchy when using them

I guess it took them some extra time to get them working properly

Glad they are not charging

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They said pools would come but they would have to work out how to implement them as the engine was glitchy when using them

I guess it took them some extra time to get them working properly

Glad they are not charging

Yeah I think the rumors was they were out due to the engine until it was cleared up.

Yeah I think the rumors was they were out due to the engine until it was cleared up.

Yeah its a pretty strange engine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah its a pretty strange engine

At least for that type of game, I still play Sims 3 anyway, I'm not a fan of the way EA release Sims with the DLC being the same from the last but they charge you as though its new and original.

The only reason EA aren't charging for these is because they already experienced the massive backlash from their fans when the whole bullshit 'can't be done maybe sorta' excuse was revealed.

We all knew they planned to charge for this in an expansion. They would have lost so much face by going through with that plan.

Then again, EA along with most game giants seem to think their consumer image isn't worth anything.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.