How much longer can COD go?

Tie Lightning

So COD:AW just released...and now that they are in the future, how many more games can they make? They started with WW1 & WW2 then moved to modern war, and now they are in the future. And personally I can see the future series getting kinda old kinda fast. So what do you guys think that they will do after the Advanced Warfare series?

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

call of duty : Quantum warfare

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Go back to the beginning, but in the future, like doctor who

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

COD:Potato Warfare.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

well idk. id love to see (either from COD or BF) a return to old ways. the good old world war 2 theme they both started with. that would be nice. instead of just keeping the ''future'' going on. there is a limit to the futureI think

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

well idk. id love to see (either from COD or BF) a return to old ways. the good old world war 2 theme they both started with. that would be nice. instead of just keeping the ''future'' going on. there is a limit to the futureI think

I agree, I personally loved they WW2 games

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

I wouldn't mind it if they went back and did a WWII game. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Call of duty 1942.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

well there's 3 dev teams working on them and the games are selling well, so I'd imagine quite a while before it completely dies. Advanced warfare is the best cod for a long time, given the increased dev time they can only get better. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Call of duty hardline.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

World at War 2. Black Ops 3. Modern Warfare 4. Ghosts 2.

If they continue to sell games, they'll continue to make games.. They won't have any major fundamental changes until their sales numbers force them to make fundamental changes.

there is a limit to the futureI 

I tend to think the exact opposite is true.. With such a vague idea as "future" the developer can make games based on their wildest dreams (Star Citizen, anyone?). They literally have an infinite number of possibilities for them to work with..

Going to the past is much more limiting. I mean, how many times can you make a WW2 game without just copy-pasting MG42s?

Don't get me wrong, I like WW2 games, it's just that the past doesn't leave a ton of wiggle room to developers.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

As long as people keep on buying it, forever. There might be a replacement for COD someday, but for now Counter Strike and Battlefield are only alternatives. COD is a big enough franchise that if sale numbers drop, devs and corporate will do anything to keep it alive.

Call of Duty: Days of Future Past

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

World at War 2. Black Ops 3. Modern Warfare 4. Ghosts 2.

If they continue to sell games, they'll continue to make games.. They won't have any major fundamental changes until their sales numbers force them to make fundamental changes.

I tend to think the exact opposite is true.. With such a vague idea as "future" the developer can make games based on their wildest dreams (Star Citizen, anyone?). They literally have an infinite number of possibilities for them to work with..

Going to the past is much more limiting. I mean, how many times can you make a WW2 game without just copy-pasting MG42s?

Don't get me wrong, I like WW2 games, it's just that the past doesn't leave a ton of wiggle room to developers.

remember, we are talking about cod. not a beafed up battlefield.. last time cod had multiplayer vehicles, well that was cod 5. with them shitty tanks shit.

I strongly think that space gunfights like they did was a bit too weird.. maybe they should sit back. and change they're minds for awhile...

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Call of duty: one position edition.

NRA-Shooting-Game-on-iOS.jpg

They will keep making them as long as they keep selling.  

For some reason people keep buying them so I see no end in sight.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

The premise of each game will probably remain similar but they will have to get creative with the gameplay (which is basically AW in a nutshell).

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1