HP Stream ($199): Comes w/ Office 365, Windows 8.1, etc -- Chromebook Killer?

TopWargamer

the guy in review #2 said that the 14 inch model was actually pretty sluggish, but the 11 inch and 13 inch models were pretty good. I'm assuming it's because of the intel chipsets in the 13 and 11 inch models.

here are octane benchmarks

0b02f13ed0b28da959d2a35f7e2f1fb8.png

I dunno... after my experiences with a Windows 7 Netbook it's gonna take some time for me to trust Windows on low performance hardware like that again.

fair enough. I do wanna get my hands on one though and do a review to see how it performs myself

Head over to best buy and have someone run distraction while you test it out :P

Not bad for the price. 1TB of cloud storage? That's crazy good though.

The 13.3" model seems really good for the price. It's by no means a powerhouse but come on, it's competing against Chromebooks. Simple word pressing and Internet browsing is about as heavy as it'll get. Any Windows program that will run fine is an added bonus.

Do Chromebooks even have a purpose anymore? With laptops like these on the market, I'm having trouble thinking of a use case for Cromebooks. I guess if you really hate Microsoft?

how would it do with youtube video's, i tried a celeron intel nuc and it had a difficult time handling 720 or 1080p video.

anyways it would be a nice laptop for the usual (grand)parents

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

how would it do with youtube video's, i tried a celeron intel nuc and it had a difficult time handling 720 or 1080p video.

anyways it would be a nice laptop for the usual (grand)parents

I was wondering the same thing, I am a big advocator of low spec pc's for education (mostly web browsing and word processing). These look great,  but when it comes to slightly more arduous tasks how well does the celeron n2830 fair compared with an i3 or A4 APU?

I am buying something very similar to this for my Brother in law who starts uni next year.  I know he doesn't need much (studying arts and culture) but he might want to stream video and work at the same time. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'd rather buy a Chromebook, at least i'm not paying for a license I would never use since in both cases I would just end up installing Ubuntu

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I'd rather buy a Chromebook, at least i'm not paying for a license I would never use since in both cases I would just end up installing Ubuntu

Technically you're not paying for a license either way. Windows 8.1 with Bing is free to OEMs

HP....... I regret buying one of their laptops.

I hate agreeing with you while typing on one.

I hate agreeing with you while typing on one.

What do you mean by hate agreeing.....

Mine is a craptop, it overheats a lot because of lack of cooling.

What do you mean by hate agreeing.....

Mine is a craptop, it overheats a lot because of lack of cooling.

I just hate that i need to express my hate towards a crappy built HP laptop while typing on one! duh

It needs 4GB ram in my opinion as 8.1 is not a light OS. If I can get a cheap one of these with a pentium dual core or i3 for 300 I would rather have that. 

On second thought at $199.99 it seems like a great alternative if the weight is down and it isn't too sluggish. Also needs to not have soldered ram. 

Ordered one, will post a review once I get it. i needed a lightweight daily laptop for college, all I do during class is Reddit and mabye not or a small c# project if im in the mood to ignore a class. That and at $200 its almost disposable.

Any word on when the 4G model of the stream 13's release date? (It still says are order on amazon and is surprisingly not listed on HP's site)

HTID