Russian memorial to Steve Jobs dismantled after CEO comes out of the closet

Bloodyvalley

steve-jobs-memorial.jpg

A memorial to Apple Inc founder Steve Jobs has been dismantled in the Russian city of St Petersburg after the man who succeeded him at the helm of the company, Tim Cook, came out as gay.

The two-meter (more than six-feet) high monument, in the shape of an iPhone, was erected outside a St Petersburg college in January 2013 by a Russian group of companies called ZEFS.

Citing the need to abide by a law combating "gay propaganda", ZEFS said in a statement on Monday that the memorial had been removed on Friday -- the day after Apple CEO Cook had announced he was homosexual.

"In Russia, gay propaganda and other sexual perversions among minors are prohibited by law," ZEFS said, noting that the memorial had been "in an area of direct access for young students and scholars".

"After Apple CEO Tim Cook publicly called for sodomy, the monument was taken down to abide to the Russian federal law protecting children from information promoting denial of traditional family values."

Promoting "traditional values", President Vladimir Putin last year signed a law prohibiting the spread of "gay propaganda" among minors.

Putin says there is no discrimination against gay people in Russia and the law was needed only to protect young people, although members of the gay community say its passage has increased problems for them.

ZEFS - or West European Financial Union - groups companies offering a range of products and services in areas such as real estate, construction, advertising and microfinancing.

Cook said he had decided to come out to help move forward civil rights, confirming a fact that had been widely known in the Silicon Valley tech community but was rarely discussed.

Steve Jobs, who died in 2011, was not gay.

Vitaly Milonov, a St Petersburg legislator who has campaigned against gay rights and was among legislators behind the law signed by Putin, has called for Apple's CEO to be barred entrance to Russia, Russia media have reported.

Maxim Dolgopolov, the head of ZEFS who ordered the removal of the monument, expressed opposition to personal sanctions in Monday's statement, but supported the "protection of traditional values" by law.

"Sin should not become the norm. There is nothing to do in Russia for whose who intend to violate our laws," he said.

The "gay propaganda" law caused outrage and protests in the West, particularly in the run-up to the Winter Olympics hosted by Putin in the Black Sea resort of Sochi in February.

Way to make poor Tim feel bad :( Y U DO DIS RUSSIA

Source

Crazy russian' from NCIX is going bezerk after hearing the news

Details separate people.

I saw that earlier today.

WHAT THE FUCK RUSSIA. THIS IS NOT 14 B.C.E.

Apple should do something like. "No more iPads for you!" 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Oh well. Ever since Tim took over things have been going downhill with Apple anyway.

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

What the fuck Russia? What did Steve Jobs do? Just because Tim Cook admitted he was gay doesn't mean fuck the original CEO of Apple. Being gay doesn't mean you should be treated differently, it reminds me of racism and it fucking ticks me off.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

That was sooo unnecessary to do. it was a memorial to steve jobs not Tim cook.  

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wow...just wow. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

FUCK YOU RUSSIA

IOEJDFI9AWERJGPW9FJ9PW3RJIOWEFKWE;FKOEPf'klwef[023ir23r23rfio;wjefoeji;;lr/,q;lfmkwk;selmfemf

okay now that I have calmed down and replaced my keyboard, I would like to say that this is ridiculously stupid of them to take it down.

Not only for the fact of taking it down because of the homophobic laws, but because why should Tim Cook being gay affect Steve Jobs? 

Actually im not surprised at all, Russia's government is really anti gay, the same with certain middle eastern countries, its quite sad. The really right wing extremist groups are just crazy, Im sure they literally hunt down people as well, obviously not all Russian people hold this view is just the minority and they are sadly in power.

Fallacious arguments by Russian government.... GG

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Let me ask one very simple question here...

How is this tech news exactly?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Oh Russia

facepalm_o_23376.jpg

also, is it just me, or has it been known for a while that Tim Cook is gay... I remember telling my cousin that he was gay a while ago and he didn't believe me.

I mean seriously: "Everyone, we have a truly magnificent product for you today. It's absolutely revolutionary. You'll love it. It's so gorgeous."

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Steve Jobs = Apple = Fruit =/= Vegetable =/= Bad =/= Good = Me = NoLogic = Tech News and Reviews.

Therefore it must fit in here.

It has to do with tech, 300 post wonder.

Don't belittle others when there is a legitimate point being made.

The only thing involving tech is that Apple got mentioned. That's it. Outside of that, it is plain politics.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Don't belittle others when there is a legitimate point being made.

The only thing involving tech is that Apple got mentioned. That's it. Outside of that, it is plain politics.

Well you sort of answered your question lmfao

Well you sort of answered your question lmfao

Ok, you imply that you agree with what I said. In that case, this thread should not have been in the Tech News subforum, as there is almost nothing tech-related about it. If you want to talk about world politics, speak of it in off-topic, not in tech news.

The CEO of one of the biggest TECH companies in the world comes out as gay and now cannot go to Russia and the Russians tear down a memorial to the old CEO of one of the biggest TECH companies in the world because of it. Yea, that's somewhat related. 

Why did they even put up his memorial in the first place  :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

The CEO of one of the biggest TECH companies in the world comes out as gay and now cannot go to Russia and the Russians tear down a memorial to the old CEO of one of the biggest TECH companies in the world because of it. Yea, that's somewhat related.

That sounds more like politics than tech. This thread has already moved to off-topic FYI.