graphics card drivers keep crashing causing bsod

bosfreak

Hi,

a few weeks ago, my pc bluescreened because of a failing graphics card driver, this in itself wasnt a big problem, i took out the graphics card and ran everything from the hdmi output of my mobo. But after a week, the monitor died after it fell from my desk... So now i have a graphics card that keeps causing bluescreens and a vga only monitor. The graphics card is an old gts 9600 from evga(yes, i know...) And the mobo an Asus maximus vi hero, with an Intel i5 4670k. Is there any way i canfix the graphics card drivers so i can atleast use my pc?

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

Not to lecture too much but you can get a better card for $30. Try the latest drivers, try new TIM, bake the card @ 410f for 10 min.

Why cant you use the D sub out on the motherboard? (cus it doesnt have one) Well get an adapter. (cuz they cost too much)

Then get a Used GTX260 off of E bay for $20 or if you dont game a GT210 for $12

Insted of buying a 4670 you shouyld have gotton a pentium and a decent GPU

Not to lecture too much but you can get a better card for $30. Try the latest drivers, try new TIM, bake the card @ 410f for 10 min.

i know, but im saving for a gtx 970 so i was hoping there was a temporalily fix

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

Older drivers are also worth giving a test.

i tried using the drivers i used at the time it still worked and a few older ones, same problem occuring

I like pie

Just get a GT210 for $12 used

Did you get the drivers ffrom Nvidia?

Just get a GT210 for $12 used

Did you get the drivers ffrom Nvidia?

yes, i downloaded all the drivers directly from the nvidia site

I like pie