TTL reviews the 5820k and concludes a retarded point

LukaP

It suffers from the problem of blandness. It's just not good enough at anything to stand out, or be worth the money. That isn't to say it's without merit. It's an Intel CPU and they are all good at what they do and you wont be disappointed with any of them. It's just, why would you buy this particular model?

Umm... maybe because its 6 cores for the price of four (plus memory) and for a creative professional that doesnt live off his work, that is a bargain? Plus the fact you can upgrade later to 8 cores

If you're in the world of workstations and enterprise solutions but can't afford the eye-wateringly expensive Xeons then the i7-5960X is absolutely barnstorming and, relatively, cheap. If you want a gaming system then as we've demonstrated on countless occasions you'd be as good with a Pentium G3258 and then spend the rest on a beefy GPU as you would getting a 5960X. If you're not quite at the extreme ends of the "need" spectrum and want a good all-rounder then the 4770K or 4790K not only are more cost effective to purchase - given the huge price of DDR4 memory - but they overclock far better than the i7-5820K so you get more bang for your buck at a cheaper cost.

How the fuck does he so completly forget about a large (and probably the target) market for this CPU... :/ Lost a lot of respect from me, since he was usually the one seeing merits in everything, and always finding someone that can use the product well...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

...I have no words. What the hell is this conclusion?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

He might aswell recommend a 2700k over a i7 4790k because it can clock higher.

Last I checked it was still up there in the performance charts at cpubenchmark. Not the highest, but definitely in the high end.

One of the best options per dollar after all those pricey xeons.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

I'm done. That was stupid.

I have lost faith in TTL.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Who is ttl?

Linus' evil twin from a parallel universe where names are read in reverse "Tips Tech Linus"

(I believe it's Tiny Tom Logan)

Never had any respect for him to begin with, his cpu reviews are always terrible.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I think he means price to performance there's better out there.

But I can't stand his videos or reviews, the only interesting thing he's done was strapping 40 fans to a rad.

I think he means price to performance there's better out there.

But I can't stand his videos or reviews, the only interesting thing he's done was strapping 40 fans to a rad.

he has an awesome sense for aesthetics, and ORCA was a great build

Never had any respect for him to begin with, his cpu reviews are always terrible.

his case reviews are really indepth

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

@LukaP he gave the 3930K a gold award, should give you an idea how really stupid he can be.

A 5820K is up to 50% faster than the 4790K clock for clock which is a huge improvement, just like the 3930K vs 2600K, end of it.

he got this one wrong, but he still does good reviews. i will disagree with him on this one. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

@LukaP he gave the 3930K a gold award, should give you an idea how really stupid he can be.

A 5820K is up to 50% faster than the 4790K clock for clock which is a huge improvement, just like the 3930K vs 2600K, end of it.

well that is assuming perfect scaling over cores ;) but yes i agree, his decisions are completly irrational...

well I kinda agree and disagree with him. but over all I like the guy.

not everyone likes the usual i5's and want to go x99. although the 5820k is pretty good but just for blind and other factors other people would go 60x.

but not everyone has the paper to splash on a 5960x.

although I kinda not like the 5820k. just for personal preference anything below the extreme edition is kinda meh (not performance wise) although I use the 3930k since the 3960x wasn't available at that time but I did still buy it though for the self satisfaction part.

but fact is not everyone can afford a 8 core i7 nor those expensive xeon e5's

Live your life like a dream.

he has an awesome sense for aesthetics, and ORCA was a great build

his case reviews are really indepth

Actually yeah forgot about them, I haven't watched one for a while as that's usually hardware canucks side of things for me.

He done a good video on the corsair rgb keyboard profiles as well, I take that back then.

Why he lurks about overclocking memory speeds that much?

if you run 2400mhz or 3000mhz ram, it doesnt make a jackshit sense ...

For a good review about the 5820k, i would say check Brains video of Tech Yes City or something like that.

There seems to be an issue with the cache of the 5820K not seems to be overclockable, or at least not verywell.

He always seem drowsy in his videos. Probably getting some help would be better instead of just being a one man crew.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

i always liked his reviews because he goes in depth every time but i watched the video review and i could not agree with him 

edit:it's not like i hated this review, to be honest it is not "the amazing 6 core " everyone is talking about ,look at the tdp ,140 watts is wayy too much if you want to render all day and the ddr4 is making this choice more expensive too ( i still agree it should be done but it makes the whole price going up due to this fact that you get peanuts from performance (talking about ddr3 vs ddr4))

Never liked him, i'm happy that i'm not the only one disagreeing with his conclusion.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I watched the video to see what he thought of this chip and I completely disagreed with him. I like TTL as he is usually a down to earth person who will speak his mind. If some thing is off, he'll tell you.

Sure, the platform may seem expensive at first glance, but the only expensive part is the DDR4, the motherboards are around the same price (£150~ish) the processor is only £60 more than a 4790k. When DDR4 prices drop after a generation (the early adopters fee I see it as) This is a cracking CPU. Has enough lanes for SLI & Crossfire, with some left over. For those looking to get to x99 on a budget, get this processor and if you fimd you need more power, upgrade later down the line and sell your old chip on. 

Everyone's entitled to their options, but on this occasion, I don't agree with anything he talked about this being a non-useful processor

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I don't see why everyone is up in arms over this review...

All he really said was if you're looking at this chip for gaming don't bother as a 4790k performs similarly and is far cheaper. If you're looking for a workstation build then he thinks it is more worth it to push out the extra $200 for the 5930k. If you cannot afford it than this is still a good chip just not "enthusiast" or worth early adopting.

While I do think the review was a bit dismissive I do not see a reason for the uproar....

I think this chip will become more popular as time goes by with x99/DDR4 prices dropping but, for now I would agree with avoiding it either up or down on the cost spectrum.

i think he's given it a bad review because it doesn't overclock well and the imc is weak on his chip. if they had given him a good one like he is used to then i think he would have come to a very different conclusion.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016