What's a good inexpensive micropone to record alongside video recording ?

WestcoastPCBuilder

I'm planning on making some presentation video's and I am most likely just going to record with my cell phone camera, however, the microphone isn't that good.

Is there an inexpensive lavalier mic or wireless mic at a bestbuy or Ncix ? Or should I just run an extended wired mic and clip that on my shirt ? I can always put my laptop close enough to do that and sync up the audio later.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

you can find a "decent" mic for about $40 on amazon, or you could use a gaming headset if you have one (could justify buying one if you dont).

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

For an amazing stand alone mic that is around 80$(Cheaper than most), you should look at the MXL Tempo, they come in 3 colour variants, so enjoy matching your computer with red, or silver. Mainly red though. 

Didn't read, so do post instead of current.

I won't be in front of the computer. I'll be in front of a 4x3" whiteboard practicing my presentation skills. You know how some people have those mic's clipped on their shirt and maybe a reciever on their belt (don't know what they are called or how much), that's kind of the idea.

But, since the room is only 12x10, I can probably get away with a standing mic just outside of the picture frame, I was looking at this ....

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/blue-microphones-blue-microphones-snowball-ice-usb-microphone-78908q-1974/10197278.aspx?path=3acd4b51789cf4e91485b7205b3571b9en02

or a lavalier mic ...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/philips-philips-clip-on-hands-free-microphone-lfh9173-00-lfh9173-00/10299855.aspx?path=08985f5a291fb21ec78bb1a0214dfe75en02

or a zalman ...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/zalman-zm-mic-1-microphone-00-13863.htm

My Blackberry Z10 microphone is horrendous for picking up audio, so I just need pretty much anything that picks up half decent sound.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Audio technica has a lavalier in the ate series for a good price

But Idk if its good

Surely better than Ur phone one I hope

Get a zalman clip on or a modmic

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)