Hi all,

As someone who is setting up his first watercooling system I am cautious with every step. When selecting a GPU waterblock (which is by itself hard enough tbh) it appears that the word "warranty" often shows up in several forums. This got me thinking and after doing some quick google searches, noone seems to know exactly how this works. Let alone a newbie like me. 

For all I know EVGA is the only brand that has publicly stated that removing the stock fans and replacing it with a third-party cooler does not void warranty. However any damage done by replacing the stock cooler DOES void warranty. So basically they state: "yes sure, put a waterblock on it. But if you damage it, you take the fall". Kind of logical. ALSO they stated that if anything happens to the GPU with a third party cooler on it that is not "your fault", placing back the stock cooler, safely packaging it and sending it to RMA the GPU is still warranty protected.

The goal of this whole thread is to accumulate as much information about these warranty problems from brands as we possibly can.

If you have any information regarding this, please share it below as following:

- BRAND

- SOURCE (preferably a source that is reliable. So an official forum confirmation. Moderator claim. etc.)

- Additional Information

Every confirmed brand will be put into the list shown below:

1. EVGA       [link]
  2. MSI          https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=174490.0
  3. XFX         http://xfxforce.com/en-us/support/xfx-warranty
  4. ...
  5. ...

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,

Gonzo

"You either die a noob. Or live long enough to be called a hacker"

i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz -- GTX980 Windforce -- 16GB RAM - BenQ XL2420G (1080p 144Hz G-sync)

Full Current Build

- XFX (NA and Canada)

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/support/xfx-warranty

- Quote:

"** XFX has carefully selected the optimal thermal or fansink component for your graphics card model.  We do not encourage the removal of components due to damage that may result in the process. XFX understands that some enthusiasts may choose to replace the original component with their own cooling solution. To support the gaming community, we recommend that you contact XFX prior to any modifications so that we can update your profile and product registration to avoid potential issues with warranty support.  In addition, XFX support will be able to walk through the installation with you or provide feedback and pointers on available options for your specific product.  You may even consider shipping your components to XFX and allow the technicians at XFX to perform the modification for you (shipping charges to XFX apply)."

i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz -- GTX980 Windforce -- 16GB RAM - BenQ XL2420G (1080p 144Hz G-sync)

Full Current Build

Confirmation by MSI:

<myservice@msi.com> wrote:

"Dear Sir

You are allowed to change the cooler, without voiding warranty.

Warranty will be voided due physical damage to the card.

Should you ever need to return the card for service, you will need to mount the original cooler again

Thank you"

Full Current Build