Gigabyte 980 vs. EVGA 780 ti kingpin?

AmericanToto

980's. they probs cost less as well.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

K|ngP|N obviously.

Casuals everywhere.  

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If you're into overvolting, extreme OC and you don't mind 1 less GB of VRAM and higher power consumption the K|NGP|N is actualy good.

But you could also get G1 Gaming 970 that can be beastrly OCed

980s definitely. lower price point, more power efficient, and could probably see same or better

performance as 780ti kingpin if overclocked.

Of course 980

what about Windforce 980 vs. EVGA ACX 980? Dual gpu and 4k again.

980's if its the G1 Edition Windforce :)

Consumes less power, produces less heat and the Windforce edition like my 970 can OC stable to 1530 immediately out of the box or more. Perhaps they indeed binned all the G1 Gaming edition. Both of my cards can go to 1536 and still stay below 65 temperatures underload. I have yet to go further than 1530 though.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @4.5Ghz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 | Cooler : Cryorig R1 Ultimate | Ram: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 2-Way SLi | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo / 4x2TB Caviar Black | PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 | Windows 7 64-bit  | Case: Enthoo Pro | オール・イズ・バニッティー (all is vanity)

If you work hard, you can make your own Luck.

980s They are definitely cheaper and probably get a bit better performance. Not sure, your choice.

I say Kingpin.  Everybody says that the 980's are cheaper but they fail to understand that this was during the initial release.  Now that the 780 series are discontinued, you can see that the 780 ti's are constantly being discounted weekly.  Going from 700, 600, 500 and some places in the high 400's pending upon model.   May cost more in electricity and produce more heat but in my opinion, if you are already spending this much just on video cards alone be it 980 or 780 ti's Kingpin, the cost of electricity should not be an issue.  If it is, your priorities are messed up.  Currently on pc parts picker the EVGA 780 Ti Kinpin can be found for 539, while the cheapest 980 is 548 from Zotac

I have a potato!